Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do uou know about Islam?
Every thing 1 25.00%
Many thing 1 25.00%
Not clear information 0 0%
Nothing 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 03:05 PM

3 posts, read 4,622 times

Advertisements

Thu. 8th Aug, 2010
By: Abdulkadir
Moderator cut: deleted
Fasting was randomly performed in ancient nations. Nations, to which Holly Books were revealed, were fasting a few days such as in Christianity and Judaism. Moreover, fasting was performed in some idolatrous nations to stop the anger of their Gods. Otherwise. Islam is the only religion which organizes fasting and Islamic nation is the unique nation which performs fast for one moth a year.
Ramadan is the annual chance of Muslims, in which they can strengthen their relationship with their Lord and become closer to their Creator, Allah. In Ramadan, Muslims perform four pillars of the five pillars of Islam: two testimonies, five prayers, alms and fasting. Moreover, they can perform minor hajj which is like the fifth pillar of Islam, pilgrimage, in reward. So it is possible to say that the five pillars of Islam can be performed in Ramadan.
Month of Fasting is not like other months. It is distinguished from the other months in many things: First, Oneself is prepared and ready to worship Allah in this hospitable month more than in any other month. That's why you see most people in Ramadan, beside fasting, attending mosques to perform prayers, reciting the Holy Qur'an many times, paying alms, visiting their relatives and so on. The one who recites half a chapter of Holy Qur'an a day in the rest of the year, may recite two chapter or more daily in Ramadan.
Second, Worshiping in Ramadan is not like doing it in other months. Of course, they are equal in number and shape, but they are different from each other in rewards. For instance, unlimited rewards are specified for people who fast in Ramadan, whereas it is limited for people who do the same worship in other month. Muslims get rewards for prayers more than what they get for the same number of prayers in the other months. In Ramadan, the rewards for performing goodness and welfare are duplicated ten times and may reach to seven hundred times and in some cases it may be unlimited and endless.
Third, fasting has its good influence on health because it helps the body of a human to release unwanted food remained in the body during a year. In addition, people with fasting protect themselves against various diseases. This is what science said and what scientists proved. accordingly, some hospitals use fasting as a kind of treatment.
Fourth, Ramadan is a chance to strengthen one's wish and control his desire. People, who weren't able to wait patiently for a while if it is time of their meals, stay for a long time patiently without eating anything in Ramadan from Down until Sunset.
Muslims have to benefit from this hospitable month because it is the guest and the host at the same time. So, wise people know that they have to entertain his/her guest and take the chance to benefit from this host.
Non-muslim are advised to try fasting this month and I'm sure they realize policy of this Islamic worship.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-07-2010 at 04:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 05:25 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,729,480 times
What do uou know about Islam?

Enough to be nonplussed by yet another meaningless proselytizing thread.

Yawn.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:30 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,128,665 times
An answer to another question which nobody asked. How irksome.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:34 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,533,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aforu View Post
Non-muslim are advised to try fasting this month and I'm sure they realize policy of this Islamic worship.
Hey, here's a wild and crazy idea: suppose you tried following the rituals of another religion? I'm sure you'll realize the awesomeness and rightness of that religion's practice!

Old 08-08-2010, 06:10 AM

23,162 posts, read 26,118,923 times
Ah crap!
I already commited to doing a bit of fasting this month.
Am I in danger of turning into a Muslim??
I'll wait until September if that's the case

Old 08-08-2010, 06:12 AM

454 posts, read 497,846 times
LOL. When I saw the thread title I thought it was a tip for down the track about a horse called Ramadan!LOL.

Sorry.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:56 AM

50,083 posts, read 20,582,163 times
Default What do uou know about Islam?

Well, batten me flues, another poll I can't answer since the one I wanted to check wasn't there:

. Enough to know that I want no part of it.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:00 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,627,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roman6 View Post
lol. When i saw the thread title i thought it was a tip for down the track about a horse called ramadan!lol.

Sorry.
lol!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam