Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 01:25 PM

5 posts, read 3,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Let me ask you what sect you are? What are you studying in school now? How old are you?
Are you able to leave the house any time you want without a man being with you?
Are you allowed to drive? Can you pick your own future husband?

Concerning the religion we have all recently studied a lot and have found that the later suras that are violent and call for conversion or death to infidels outweight the earlier peaceful ones. We also hear that muslims can lie to us to try to convince us to convert and to the superiority of their religion. All of the atrocious deeds we hear about are accompanied by words praising allah when they are done therefore we cannot deny nor from what we read in the koran that they are anything other than prescribed by the koran. The same thing happens too frequently to be otherwise. Are you saying that these things aren't written when we can see that they are, or that a different sect is causing this?
sure they can do that
they can study and achieve every things they look for
we have in our society a lot of women whose worked as teacher, doctor, and some time they are better more than men in the work that they do
Islam ask us to respect woman and islam give her the same things those are given to men without distinguish
we have woman right and she can do what she want but we have some rules which islam teach us about woman and we have to respect it to live good live and every one can know what his or her role to build our society
and that is the real islam

Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 PM

43 posts, read 28,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgoldie View Post
Let me ask you what sect you are? What are you studying in school now? How old are you?
Are you able to leave the house any time you want without a man being with you?
Are you allowed to drive? Can you pick your own future husband?

?

plz correct ur understand about position of woman in Islam.
i can give you that video

YouTube - ‫

you should also know that Islam was the most to honour woman....ddn`t you remember that in the history they were different either woman is human or no??!!!!!!!
Islam honour woman , u can see the video and then comment plz

Old 09-22-2010, 01:28 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Mercury, no disrespect to you, but do you blame all Muslims for those atrocities? It sounds to me as though there are Muslims who believe in Islam who are trying to do the right thing and trying to explain that not all Muslims are terrorists, if we were to put aside the hatred and animosity towards one another and sit down and listen to what each other has to say with respect to each other, maybe things could be different.
Ptsum, no disrespect to you and your tolerance. It speaks well of your soul. But Islam is not a mere religion with differences and tolerance for others. If they were sincere they would direct their efforts toward their Muslim brothers and sisters who believe the Sunnah with hadiths that abrogate the beautiful passages they quote from the Qu'ran. ALL the anger and terror comes from them. We would not have anything to do with them . . . if they would cease their evil jihad. But the so-called moderates (I believe) are only following the COMMAND from Allah to deceive the infidels in any way possible to advance the acceptance and spread of Islam throughout the world. They prey on our tolerance . . . considering this interim time a "truce." This is a very old deen (NOT religion) . . . they are very patient especially with 200 year old upstart nations . . . and they seek total submission of all people to Allah, period.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:29 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghada elmoslma View Post
I would like to salute you on your words
So we agree that the problem is not in any religion
The problem lies in the application of the teachings of religion
Is not it??
yes, you are correct to where the problem lies and let me explain. Religion is a man-made, culture based doctrine that guides its people in the practice of spirituality. Religion is a good thing that in some cases has had bad consequences on some individuals spiritually. Not because religion is bad, but because it was applied in a bad way. Because religion is man-made and culture based, it naturally has some of the rules and taboos of that particular culture built into it. Unfortunately for some, many cultures have chosen to use the fear of their deity to enforce the man-made rule of that culture. So Islam may be the religion of peace but some have used it as the religion of fear and this is where the problem lies.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:39 PM

18 posts, read 11,635 times
Please my friends
I do not want to be any limit may anger me
If this happens
I apologized to you
I just wanted to communicate with you
And give you a simple idea for a true Muslim Youth
I respect you all and appreciate all

Old 09-22-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Ptsum, no disrespect to you and your tolerance. It speaks well of your soul. But Islam is not a mere religion with differences and tolerance for others. If they were sincere they would direct their efforts toward their Muslim brothers and sisters who believe the Sunnah with hadiths that abrogate the beautiful passages they quote from the Qu'ran. ALL the anger and terror comes from them. We would not have anything to do with them . . . if they would cease their evil jihad. But the so-called moderates (I believe) are only following the COMMAND from Allah to deceive the infidels in any way possible to advance the acceptance and spread of Islam throughout the world. They prey on our tolerance . . . considering this interim time a "truce." This is a very old deen (NOT religion) . . . they are very patient especially with 200 year old upstart nations . . . and they seek total submission of all people to Allah, period.
MysticPhD, no disrespect taken, however I think that Islam and Allah will have a big problem with trying to have this old heathen submit to it. I may be tolerant of other religions and beliefs but they will never change what I believe in, I can respect it but I don't have to believe in it and I thank you for the info and the mutual respect.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:40 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Oh holy crap. Has hell froze over? Do I actually agree with you on something?

I feel so dirty.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:41 PM

43 posts, read 28,755 times
Quote:

You have the right to accept Islam or not ...but i think u don`t want to be fair in judging subjects.
To be fair, u must look to proofs and not just delusions and black thoughts.
Plz be fair.
Islam already the fastest growing religion in the world and your question here is to Ask what attract people to embrass Islam?!!!
especially many of them are famous people and mostly scienetists!!!

Old 09-22-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghada elmoslma View Post
Please my friends
I do not want to be any limit may anger me
If this happens
I apologized to you
I just wanted to communicate with you
And give you a simple idea for a true Muslim Youth
I respect you all and appreciate all

I'm sure that we can have a mutual respect for one another as long as we understand that we all have a choice in how we believe or not believe in a Creator and as to which path is the right one for us.osay

Old 09-22-2010, 01:42 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,665,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Oh holy crap. Has hell froze over? Do I actually agree with you on something?

I feel so dirty.
Yep, I think I just saw a pig fly by as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam