Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:53 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I am left handed..now what?
How very sinistral of you.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:17 AM

8 posts, read 8,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
Question for the OP...What is this about the left hand???

I am left handed..now what?
This is interesting. The preferred use of the right hand over the left hand is more to do with rest room procedure than any other reasons.
In Indonesia, a small bowl of water and ones left hand is the way "things" get cleaned. Toilet paper is not a highly sought after commode-ity, regardless of ones religious preference. Left-handed children are "encouraged" to use their right hand. Eating is done with the right hand (at least with the Batak where most people do not use utensils).
The same is true in most countries where "oriental" customs prevail.

Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 AM

1,220 posts, read 987,156 times
Default The Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaled Ahmed View Post
In this thread I will answer any questions about Islam or about any question you do not find the answer

Please do not delete the management of the subject

I am very happy because I'm Muslim
Shalom...is it true that according to the Quran, a prophet sent by G-d cannot lie ? The Blessings of The Eternal One bring you joy...

Old 01-28-2011, 08:06 AM

47 posts, read 59,533 times
Do Muslims think Christians are going to Hell since Christians think Jesus was divine?

Koran 5:71-75; 19:30-38

Those two verses sure seem to say that is the case...

Old 01-28-2011, 08:10 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintertao View Post
Do Muslims think Christians are going to Hell since Christians think Jesus was divine?

Koran 5:71-75; 19:30-38

Those two verses sure seem to say that is the case...

Muslims believe that only Muslims will go to paradise. Christians believe only Christians will go to heaven.

Each believes they have the "truth" and you need to believe the "truth" to attain heaven/paradise.

Muslims believe that islam and the Qur'an is the correction of what came before and so has the truth. The Qur'an is the last book and Muhammad is the seal of the prophethood and Islam has the truth.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:16 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,658,684 times
Well I see a lot of questions about Islam but I don't see any answers from the individual who originally started this thread. Maybe the questions are a little overwhelming and this person can't answer them. I think it's a little strange that an individual starts a thread about a subject and invites questions but has not answered any of those questions.... what say you Khaled Ahmed ? Can you answer the questions?

Last edited by ptsum; 01-28-2011 at 09:07 AM..

Old 01-28-2011, 08:19 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
In this thread I will answer any questions about Islam or about any question you do not find the answer

No thanks I'll pass.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:42 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:

I have an honest question about Islam:

Why is it so terrible to make a picture of Mohammed, even a respectful one?

No one knows what Mohammed looked like, so anything presented is just a guess... does that have something to do with it?

Old 01-28-2011, 03:45 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsthomas View Post
Islam IS a cult. It promotes murder to anyone that does not believe. I would hate to live in a world with that belief! The weak minded falling for a lie. Good Luck.
Why do some of us throw the word "cult" into every damn religion we don't like?

A 900 year old religion with a billion followers is definitely NOT a cult anymore, even if it started as one way back in Mohammed's time.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:57 PM

439 posts, read 556,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
......No one knows what Mohammed looked like, .....

................ a man who is handsome, of glowing countenance, and of good proportions, with neither a large stomach nor a small head.

He is smart of appearance, with balanced features, deep black eyes, and long eyelashes.

His voice is not coarse.

He has a long neck, a full rounded beard, and thick eyebrows that meet each other.

When he is silent, he is stately and composed, and when he speaks, his appearance is impressive.

“He is the most beautiful and striking man from a distance and the best and most beautiful from close up.

He is well spoken, clear in what he says, saying neither too much nor too little, his words flowing forth like a perfect string of pearls.

“He is neither too tall nor overly short, a stately man in the company of two other stately men (one of them was Abu Bakr RA), and he is the most prominent among them and the most well-respected.

“He has companions who surround him. If he speaks, they listen to him, and if he commands, they hasten to fulfill his command.

He is well served and attended, though he is neither stern nor argumentative.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam