Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 PM

154 posts, read 216,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Thank you. While we unbelievers understand that, for many muslim posters, English (in which we post here) is not their first language, we do expect respect. Respect for our intelligence.
Intelligence should ALWAYS be respected.

Quote:
Biblical prophecy is pretty much demolished on the boards and that is generally way better than the attempts at prophecy from the Quran.

Attempts to 'discover' advanced scientific knowledge in the Bible have been pretty much shown up to be without foundation, yet they are way far better than the attempts at 'discovering' advanced scientific knowledge in the Quran.

And the crude hi -jacked Creationism we get from muslims makes Ray Comfort look positively intelligent.
I think much of it has to do with what you said above in the first quoted section. For many brothers and sisters English is the second language and therein a lot of the time detail, mastery in explanation, etc, and so on, cannot be brought to it's full extent.

I personally would suggest - if you are looking for an in depth conversation with English as a first language regards the subject above go to... Ummah Forums. There's a tremendous amount of knowledge and knowledgeable English speaking Muslims there.

Quote:
Preaching and posting chunks of text is unconvincing
It's unconvincing AND uncreative, unoriginal, etc.

Quote:
So I only want to say that your message is a good one. The quality of Muslim posting badly needs to be improved. The present impression we are getting only confirms out prejudices about Islam as a mindless fanatical creed which turns intelligent people into brainless robots shouting religious slogans as though as a threat.
I understand. Sometimes, given the barriers of communication and even further too the frustrated emotions behind those barriers can really leave people getting carried away.

Quote:
That is very unfair to Muslims, and I would love to see some more intelligent posting and discussion from your sisters and brothers.
I'll post every now and then and i'll also throw this link around to some good people I know. Perhaps we can get some more communication in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2011, 04:32 PM

439 posts, read 553,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
the quran has many reference to scientific facts .
and that is one of the types of verses that help those who have doubt to beleive that the quran is from Allah
and here is one of the fact .
O mankind! A similitude has been coined, so listen to it (carefully): Verily those on whom you call besides Allah, cannot create (even) a fly, even though they combine together for the purpose. And if the fly snatches away a thing from them, they will have no power to release it from the fly. So weak are (both) the seeker and the sought. The Noble Quran
the flies digest their food before they eat it.
They literally vomit digestive and dissolving substances on the food particle to dissolve it whole into liquid and then they suck it all in.

another miracle

more than 1400 years the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said that one of the wings of the fly has ailment
and the other has cure.

"If a fly falls down to your vessel,
drown all of it then remove it,
for one of its wings has the ailment
and the other has the cure,"

The new buzz on antibiotics › News in Science (ABC Science)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam