Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 07:35 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,838,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
finalmessage is frantically clutching at straws to make his case. However, it's been thoroughly unmade.

And besides 'the nervous man not having his character' myth may require an alternative language of communication.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 08:28 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,892,143 times
OK Finalmessage, even I can concede that Muham knew something about bugs when he wrote the Quran.

Do you have any other parts of the Quran that fortell modern scientific discoveries?

Old 02-12-2011, 09:30 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
this is correct 100%
With downcast eyes, they come forth from the graves as they were locusts spread abroad,

..... they deposit their eggs in sandy soils like seeds and, after the larvae have remained underground for a long period of time, they all emerge together. After digging a 10-15 cm-long tunnel in the ground, a female locust lays 95-158 eggs at once. Females can lay eggs at least three times in their lifetime. When the larvae have matured after 10-65 days, depending on the air temperature, they emerge in a large group. Up to 1,000 egg pods have been found in one square metre. Locust swarms are large enough to cover several hundred square kilometres, with the number of adult locusts per square kilometre varying from between 40 to 80 million.158 Their long underground existence and sudden emergence in vast numbers all at the same time may resemble the resurrection of human beings on the Day of Judgement. (Allah knows best.)
Miracles of the Qur'an - Modern Science Reveals New Miracles of the Qur'an

I don't know of any 17 year locusts but I do know of 17 year cicadas and I'll bet that your Allah and Mohammed didn't know that the cicada has a very short lifespan once he emerges from the ground and that the female lays her eggs in tender branches of fruit trees and then these eggs will hatch into a larva within that branch and then dropped to the ground to where the larva will spend the next 17 years in the ground until it is about to become an adult. Now that's the lifespan of the 17 year cicada. Something that I'm willing to bet that you or your Mohammed and Allah knew nothing about.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:29 AM

912 posts, read 826,832 times
This idea with the locusts, doesn't look to cheerful to me....am I missing something, I'm getting confused again.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:51 AM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Cicadas make such an annoying sound..I'm thankful that they are not very common here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky9-FUrUiJw

Old 02-12-2011, 12:00 PM

439 posts, read 556,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
This idea with the locusts, doesn't look to cheerful to me....am I missing something, I'm getting confused again.
here are more detailed information The Miracle of Locust Larvae staying underground for 17 years compared to Resurrection - Referenced in the Holy Quran and Confirmed by Science!

Old 02-12-2011, 02:09 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Moderator cut: deleted Again cicadas ARE NOT LOCUSTS.

Last edited by june 7th; 02-12-2011 at 04:56 PM..

Old 02-12-2011, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Moderator cut: deleted Again cicadas ARE NOT LOCUSTS.
With downcast eyes, they come forth from the graves as they were locusts spread abroad,
show me the thing that you Allegedly is wrong in the above verse.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:10 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmessage View Post
show me the thing that you Allegedly is wrong in the above verse.
it is absolutely astonishing that you could be so oblivious to the fact that locus and cicadas are two entirely different species of insects, locus do not and never have lived underground for 17 years at a time, cicadas are the only species of insects that do that.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
it is absolutely astonishing that you could be so oblivious to the fact that locus and cicadas are two entirely different species of insects, locus do not and never have lived underground for 17 years at a time, cicadas are the only species of insects that do that.
ok i can be wrong because i am human
the quran is always correct becuse it is from Allah.

there is nothing wrong in the verse
but my comments on them can have some thing wrong and i ask Allah forgiveness.

here is another link about the same subject
Quran Miracles | LIKE LOCUSTS (http://www.quranmiracles.org/articles.asp?id=73 - broken link)

In the verse above, unbelievers are reminded that they will be resurrected and that it will be a difficult day for them. Imagine, billions of men rising from the dead, coming out of their graves! Confusion, perplexity, fear, remorse... Everybody on his own... The only help is from God. The day when high offices, families, riches and possessions have no value- the day of no return...

The resurrected are likened to locusts; why particularly locusts? Recent research benefiting from micro cameras conducted by a systematic observation of insects have given us an idea about the reason for the selection of locusts as an example. To begin with, swarms of locusts, billions of them together, give the impression of a vast rain cloud without end, a black mass stretching far and wide many kilometers! Locusts bury their eggs in the earth and their larvae spend some time under the ground before they eventually emerge to the surface.

Take for instance the locusts, part of the fauna of New England, USA; in the month of May of the year in which they attain their 17th year, these insects emerge from under the ground where they have been living for years and years. Suppose, you tell a man: “We’ll shut you up in a dark cell without a wristwatch and you’ll have no contact whatsoever with the outside world and you’ll be released at the end of the 17th day.” it is very doubtful that he will be able to know exactly the time when he will be let out. There is a similarity between the rebirth of locusts and man’s resurrection.

-After a long time
-Under the ground
-Altogether
-Densely crowded
-They rise to the surface of the earth

The parables and metaphors in the Quran are many. These figures of speech are to help us to understand better the meanings of the verses
Quran Miracles | LIKE LOCUSTS

Last edited by finalmessage; 02-12-2011 at 09:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam