Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The only difference between the religions are the extremes. They are all based on a fantasy.

Extremes like the witch trials and burning at the stake, drowning, stoning, etc. in this country, all over the insane belief people were possessed by Satan, gods nemesis. It is past time that all religions go the way of the dodo.
amen..everybody would be better off, if all were agnostic. i never hear agnostics pushing their religion on anybody..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 10:00 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
The only difference between the religions are the extremes. They are all based on a fantasy.

Extremes like the witch trials and burning at the stake, drowning, stoning, etc. in this country, all over the insane belief people were possessed by Satan, gods nemesis. It is past time that all religions go the way of the dodo.
Exactly...Religion is EVIL!

Old 03-23-2011, 10:45 PM

515 posts, read 716,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Exactly...Religion is EVIL!
And highly profitable to boot!

Sometimes I'm downright amazed that we have survived as a species, what with thousands of years of global insanity being more dangerous to our health than global warming.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:50 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
If they were practicing sharia, she would have been stone to death.
Correct. Or "thrown from the tallest tower". 100 lashes are for lesser offenses and are normally given 10 at a time as 100 at once is often fatal.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
amen..everybody would be better off, if all were agnostic. i never hear agnostics pushing their religion on anybody..
You just did.

Old 03-24-2011, 02:17 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
I'm sure it's just a matter of time before one of CD's muslims chimes in to explain what really happened....... NOT.

Old 03-24-2011, 04:30 AM

570 posts, read 733,638 times
"Bangladeshi teen dies from sharia lashing after reportedly being raped"
"Christian priest raped 13-year-old boy"
"Elderly Rape Victim: Attacker Told Me 'No Decency, No God'"
What do you think ?

Last edited by squall-lionheart; 03-24-2011 at 04:47 AM..

Old 03-24-2011, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
What do you think ?
I think that in general humanity is a pretty disappointing species. It is amazing that God can still love us.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:04 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,214,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squall-lionheart View Post
Bad uncle, bad religion, blames girl for having an affair with him, feels guilty, accuses of adultery, problem solved, islam will make the problem go away, beaten to death, no problem, victim's life is over - she is dead.
Quote:
Bad priest, bad religion, cannot blame boy for seduction, priest will probably face rape and pedophile charges, will be listed as sex offender, will likely go to prison, his life is over as a priest and as a human, boy will be traumatized, will receive counseling, he will live and will probably get over it, victim and perpetrator lives.
Quote:
What do you think ?
Rapist will be charged with rape, will be registered as sex offender, will likely go to jail, his life as a human being is over. Victim will be coucilled, will probably be able to get over it, both perpetrator and victim live.

Not hard to see where the problem is now is it

Old 03-24-2011, 09:33 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,731,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
You just did.

well if you like to follow zod, just give me a dm remember zod is a just god, he will give no lashes..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam