Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:49 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,815,703 times

Advertisements

First off, let me get something out of the way. Another Islam thread got me thinking of terrorists, so I thought I'd take the liberty of identifying a few of the worst terrorists in the world that I see from my perspective, from least to greatest in their crimes:

The practical truth is this: Monsters make more monsters.

So what does this have to do with Islam? Our friendly Muslim preachers must understand that despite politics, the Muslim way is NOT our way any more than our way is the Muslim way.

I think those of us on the ground on both sides can appreciate the fact that we are being manipulated by the above powers. Trying to establish Sharia law in the western hemisphere is a political move. Trying to establish a US style democracy in the Middle East is a political move.

If you are being sent to proselytize a religion to those who don't want or need it, you are working towards a political objective, not serving any god. Both sides are tainted, both sides are wrong. Both sides are being played against each other.

Please ponder these words and break out of your shells, everyone. The fate of our collective human race depends on it.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:10 PM

591 posts, read 641,461 times
President Bush went into Iraq believing that the people over there want democracy and freedom, and he believed they will fight for democracy and freedom. He planted the seed for that to happen. Now it's happening all over the middle east. Bush is about liberation. NOT dictatorship. You are really ignorant and perverted.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
President Bush went into Iraq believing that the people over there want democracy and freedom, and he believed they will fight for democracy and freedom. He planted the seed for that to happen. Now it's happening all over the middle east. Bush is about liberation. NOT dictatorship. You are really ignorant and perverted.

Poor people. Poor, Poor people.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:18 PM

3,490 posts, read 6,511,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chango View Post
Our friendly Muslim preachers must understand that despite politics, the Muslim way is NOT our way any more than our way is the Muslim way.
Correction: the Muslim way is not YOUR way, and that's just fine. It isn't my way either.

Now, let's be clear about something. There IS NO single "American Way" particularly when it comes to religion -- the founding fathers made absolutely sure of that. We are a nation - indeed a world - that embraces many different fundamental beliefs.

And you know something? It seems to me that the problems of our nation and world almost always begin when some person or group attempts to assert that his way, or her way,or their way, is the ONLY WAY.

Pretty much as your post seems (to me) to be doing...

Old 04-29-2011, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Let's also be clear about this. Bush went into Iraq for four chief reasons (1) to revenge his father, (2) to one-up his father, (3) for the oil, and (4) to make certain companies rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Bush's clearly stated reason for invading Iraq had nothing to do with democracy or freedom, but with his assertion that they were a threat to the United States and the world. In reality, there has never been even one shred of credible evidence that Saddam Hussein had anything to do with 9-11, or that he had ANY weapons of mass destruction or the means to deliver them. In fact, Bush publicly admitted these very things!!!!!

There has certainly been no credible evidence to support the assertion that Hussein and Iraq were monkeying around with weaponized Anthrax, as Colin Powell so glibly asserted before Congress. In point of fact, there IS NO SUCH THING as truly "weaponized Anthrax".

If you insist on throwing the phrase "ignorant and perverted" around, recognize that it will come directly back to rest on you.

Regards,

-- Nighteyes

Old 04-29-2011, 04:36 PM

591 posts, read 641,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighteyes View Post
Let's also be clear about this. Bush went into Iraq for four chief reasons (1) to revenge his father, (2) to one-up his father, (3) for the oil, and (4) to make certain companies rich beyond their wildest dreams.

Bush's clearly stated reason for invading Iraq had nothing to do with democracy or freedom, but with his assertion that they were a threat to the United States and the world. In reality, there has never been even one shred of credible evidence that Saddam Hussein had anything to do with 9-11, or that he had ANY weapons of mass destruction or the means to deliver them. In fact, Bush publicly admitted these very things!!!!!

There has certainly been no credible evidence to support the assertion that Hussein and Iraq were monkeying around with weaponized Anthrax, as Colin Powell so glibly asserted before Congress. In point of fact, there IS NO SUCH THING as truly "weaponized Anthrax".

If you insist on throwing the phrase "ignorant and perverted" around, recognize that it will come directly back to rest on you.

Regards,

-- Nighteyes

Total BS. Hussein fooled the world into thinking he had WMDs. EVERYONE thought he had them. Bush went into Iraq believing that Iraqis would fight for freedom. He said it time and time again. He went in to overthrow Hussien and establish a democracy.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
How so? You deem a good, well meaning man worse than the most foulest terrorist alive today. You are a sick, twisted, hateful individual.
Deaths caused by George Bush: Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deaths caused by Bin Laden on 9-11: 3000

Among the many terrorist monsters made by the CIA? One Osama Bin Laden.

Wake up and smell the hard truths.

Anway, this going to get kicked over to the politics section for sure now. I guess I should have known better.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:37 PM

Moderator:

It appears to me that this thread has very little to do with Religion and Philosophy, but with Politics and Other Controversies. Perhaps it should be moved.

Regards,

-- Nighteyes

Old 04-29-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
You are a sick person.
It still doesn't change the truth.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:42 PM

659 posts, read 1,102,022 times
Quote:
Total BS. Hussein fooled the world into thinking he had WMDs. EVERYONE thought he had them. Bush went into Iraq believing that Iraqis would fight for freedom. He said it time and time again. He went in to overthrow Hussien and establish a democracy.
Bush, etc. knew that Hussein had had WMDs before because we sold them to him in the 80's. They also knew perfectly well that he didn't have any left over after the Iran-Iraq war because he'd used all the rest on the Kurds. They talked a good game about spreading democracy, but the real reasons they invaded were, as Nighteyes mentioned, oil and lucrative contracts for Halliburton, Blackwater, etc., and to attempt to establish a permanent US military presence in the Middle East (something that they'd hope to do after Gulf War I, but which didn't pan out).

Anyone who tells you otherwise is either lying or seriously misinformed.

Last edited by Stavemaster; 04-29-2011 at 05:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam