Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 11:45 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,023,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
For the bold portion, you couldn't be anymore wrong! Islam is not something that is supposed to be forced upon ANYONE and Islam's purpose is not to breed more Muslims and convert the masses.

IDK what sect or denomination of Islam you follow but, its this mentality that Islam needs to conquer all, the exact reason why non-Muslims despise us.
Akhi,

I believe you misunderstood me. I said nothing about conquering. I do want all non-Muslims to accept Islam, but for them to do it by their own choice and own free will, because they want to follow Islam, not because any human forces them. It is impossible to have a true revert through force, the Shahadah has to be said with sincerity and knowledge.

I am Sunni and follow the Hanafi Madhab

Old 05-21-2011, 11:49 PM

2,331 posts, read 2,834,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Just speaking for myself. I am home. I was born, raised and educated right here in the USA. As are many Muslims here in the USA. Islam is a religion, not a Nationality or race. We come in all flavors.

All of us here except for Native Americans are invaders, immigrants, captives or conquerors. All of us share in the decimation of the First Nation People.

This very same question can be asked of all of us who are not Native American.

To be fair the real question should be "Why don't non-First Nation People leave America and go back home?"

Yes, like the early Christian Settlers we do desire America to one day be Islamic Just as the Christian Missionaries wanted it to be Christian.

That does not mean we want to over throw the country. any conversion to Islam can only come through individual choice and by free will. the fact many are making that choice does not mean they have been brain washed or coerced. Many if not most Converts are well educated and were practicing Christians Some converts have never even seen a Muslim in person. We have no ordained religious leaders and place high emphasis on personal choices and responsibility.

I do not expect anyone to welcome the growth of us in America, but at the same time, there is no need to fear us. While we may want you to accept Islam because we believe it to be the truth, we are not going to force anyone to accept what we believe. We are not very evangelical and do not go door to door trying to get converts.

Peaceful coexistence is not only possible, it is a necessity in this ever shrinking world.
You mean Pakistan, in particular. These are the best immigrants from the islam World. Going home for them could create peace in Pakistan with learned attitudes of democracy and conscience for progress.

But why? America offers freedom of the individual besides.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
I can feel Jesus's anger for Islam. I can feel his outrage for what Muhammad has done to him and his loved ones. Islam feels no outrage for evil or injustice. They knowingly wish peace apon a truly, hideous monster. Indeed, I feel Jesus's hatred for Islam.
Moot point. We love Jesus(as) as one of the most beloved of Prophets(PBUH)Your words will not lessen our love of Jesus(as)

Old 05-21-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeric View Post
I agree with your second point and your post in general. But your first point is a good example of what is wrong with an exclusive and evangelizing religion (be it Islam OR Christianity).
One redeeming quality we have, we don't go door to door handing out pamphlets.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:01 AM

33,514 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
Akhi,

I believe you misunderstood me. I said nothing about conquering. I do want all non-Muslims to accept Islam, but for them to do it by their own choice and own free will, because they want to follow Islam, not because any human forces them. It is impossible to have a true revert through force, the Shahadah has to be said with sincerity and knowledge.

I am Sunni and follow the Hanafi Madhab
Why do you want all non Muslims to join the fold...What is the point of that, other than the Islamic dream of world domination...Is that what you want?

Old 05-22-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
You mean Pakistan, in particular. These are the best immigrants from the islam World. Going home for them could create peace in Pakistan with learned attitudes of democracy and conscience for progress.

But why? America offers freedom of the individual besides.
Exactly...Individual freedom, something that is lacking in the Islamic religions, particularly for women.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Why do you want all non Muslims to join the fold...What is the point of that, other than the Islamic dream of world domination...Is that what you want?
I believe it is the only way to heaven and I want all people to go to heaven if they desire to. I want all people to be happy but I am not going to/nor can I make any body accept anything they do not believe.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
I believe it is the only way to heaven and I want all people to go to heaven if they desire to. I want all people to be happy but I am not going to/ can I make any body accept anything they do not believe.
To me it is just sad that anyone can be conned into thinking that a heaven actually exists, and waste time and effort on such a myth..That is about as likely as Mr & Mrs Claus living at the north pole.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:18 AM

Quote:
To me it is just sad that anyone can be conned into thinking that a heaven actually exists, and waste time and effort on such a myth..That is about as likely as Mr & Mrs Claus living at the north pole.
That is your prerogative. Nobody is forcing you to believe heaven exists and nobody could even if they tried. Likewise nobody could force me to believe heaven does not exist, nor could they even if they tried.

Old 05-22-2011, 12:37 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,504,325 times
Quote:
It's depressing to me think that Pol Pot and Martin Luther King, Jr went to the same place when they died, oblivion. Particularly as Pol Pot outlived MLK. To each is own though, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.