Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 01:32 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
To simplify and explain a little clearer. There is nothing in the Qur'an that would or could be understood as forbidding women from driving. The Ban is a Saudi thing for reasons of culture and concern about safety. It is not based on any Islamic ruling.

Woman do drive in nearly all of the Islamic Countries with the exception of Saudi and some of the UAE countries. Any ruling forbidding driving is cultural and not religion based.
Yes I have heard this excuse (It's a cultural thing) from Muslims many times, but it won't stand up to scrutiny....

YouTube - ‪Abuse of Women in Islam 1‬‏

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtX3m...eature=related
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 01:44 PM

Sorry buddy, but in the west (unlike in Islamic nations) women are not the property of men. Here women are allowed to have a voice, have the same rights as men and make their own decisions.

Regarding women Islam is stuck in the dark ages.

Old 05-24-2011, 01:53 PM

147 posts, read 153,484 times

YouTube - ‫

Last edited by ashkarloveALLAH; 05-24-2011 at 02:01 PM..

Old 05-24-2011, 02:05 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Sorry buddy, but in the west (unlike in Islamic nations) women are not the property of men. Here women are allowed to have a voice, have the same rights as men and make their own decisions.

Regarding women Islam is stuck in the dark ages.
All I can say is you have never met a Muslim woman. You are speaking of Arab culture Nations not Islamic Nations.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
All I can say is you have never met a Muslim woman. You are speaking of Arab culture Nations not Islamic Nations.
Oh yes, the culture excuse again....Where do you think Islam originated from if not Arab nations? Did you watch the videos I posted?

Old 05-24-2011, 02:19 PM

[quote=sanspeur;19293024]Sorry buddy, but in the west (unlike in Islamic nations) women are not the property of men. Here women are allowed to have a voice, have the same rights as men and make their own decisions.

Regarding women Islam is stuck in the dark ages WHO TOLD YOU WOMEN PROPERTY FOR MEN AND WOMEN STUCK IN DARK IN THIS THREAD I WILL EXPLANE FOR YOU WHAT IS WOMEN IN ISLAM
DO YOU KNOW THE STORY ABOUT PROPHET MOHHAMED AND HIS WIVES YOU DO NOT KNOW ANY THING ABOUT HIM HE DID NOT TELL HIS WIVES ANY BAD OR BE ANGRY FROM THEM EVEN IF HE TIERED HIS STORY WITH AISHA ROMANTIC MORE THAN Romeo and Juliet THE TRUE LOVE AFTER MARRIED HE WAS LOVE AND RESPECT THEM UNTIL LAST BREATH

Old 05-24-2011, 02:36 PM

LOOK HERE THE POSITION OF WOMEN IN ISLAM Women in Islam

Old 05-24-2011, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
LOOK HERE THE POSITION OF WOMEN IN ISLAM Women in Islam
Yes, I see that women in many cases are not even allowed to show their faces...This is from your link.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:41 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh yes, the culture excuse again....Where do you think Islam originated from if not Arab nations? Did you watch the videos I posted?
Yes, the culture thing again. Sadly too many Muslims do follow the culture of their country and family and allow it to overrule Islam. As among all people many of us are lazy and do not seek to learn about our faith. Islam is a religion of personal responsibility. It is our duty to seek, learn and verify all we believe. Nobody teaches us about Islam, we do not have the option to say somebody taught us wrong. We need to search on our own.

It is actually an easy path to learn, but many are lax and follow the words of Imams, Sheikhs, Muftis and Mullahs without question. No living man can speak for Islam, we as individuals have to verify what anybody tells us. We can seek the guidance of people more learned than us, but that is only the first step, from there we have to verify ourselves that what we are told is the truth. but sadly many find the teachings of their family to be the final word.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:54 PM

Since many Muslims are illiterate, what choice to they have but to take the word of others? I shed the fantasy of Christianity more than 50 years ago because I found it to be nothing but a bunch of ancient stories...Islam is no different, and many of the stories are the same. I find very little truth in either religion. It boggles my mind how any rational person can believe 95% of it, let alone see it as some kind of truth...In my opinion there are just too many destructive beliefs in both of these religions, not only for women, but for society as a whole.

Even you have to admit that religious beliefs have impeded human progress for thousands of years, and it's time to stop....Religion has had it's day, and it is time for humanity to discard it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam