Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 12:42 PM

591 posts, read 641,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
He hated religion, so he started one. That makes sense. Also, Muhammad didn't want people to worship him. He wanted them to worship Allah. I don't mean to defend Islam or any other religion, but you are just flat wrong.

Islam is a false religion written as an "answere" to Judiasm, and Christianity. He perverts and lies about other religions, and is/was absolutely intolerant of any true religion from ever being taught.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:45 PM

617 posts, read 696,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Looking at things from your position, Your view is very understandable. For a chance of peaceful coexistence each of us needs to step back and for a moment and try to understand what the other sees.

One reason I see of so much animosity between Jew and Muslim is because we are cousins and both from the same Semitic roots of Abraham(PBUH). Disagreements among similar people are very strong and when they are from within the same family they seem to be almost insurmountable.

Today's animosity seems to be based over Palestine. We are like a group of heirs to the family home fighting over which kids are going to get the family farm. You see us as keeping you out of the family land we see you as stealing our homes.

Historically we have often lived side by side in peace. Up until 1947 Palestinians were about 30% Jewish. Many if not Most of the Palestinian Jews are now in Morocco, Iran and some of the other Islamic Nations.

In my view I see Zionism as a common threat to both of us and the cause of much of our inner family animosities. Just my opinion, which most probably will differ from yours.

Peace between us is possible, but it will be a difficult path to find. I feel the search for the path is worth the effort.

yes my brother ,I agree

you are right Woodrow.

Jazzymom ,I will be frank, I am here 2008 year ago ,I was Discuss with you a lot, I know you hate muslims as you said many time so you do not represent the Jewish peaceful

Old 05-27-2011, 02:01 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,342,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
A very dangerous religion that imposes its fanaticism on all and sundry. It is a real threat to the liberties and freedoms we enjoy as Westernised civilisations.

European countries like France and Sweden are opposing islam. The Western world needs to take a stand against this dangerous, insidious religion as well.
Though you are partly right about France (though the law they recently passed has unstable support i the people), though I'm not sure if they are truly trying to "oppose" Islam, or if they're ban on religious head garments truly is a (misguided) attempt at promoting womens rights. (Which was one of the main argue points for passing it.)

Sweden however works hard to integrate it's Muslim population, they might not always succeed, immigration causes friction in any society, that's a given. But companies like Ikea has solved the "hijab issue" by making uniform hijabs for their female, Muslim employees to wear. That hardly strikes me as "opposing" Islam.

Old 05-27-2011, 03:16 PM

147 posts, read 153,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Islam is a false religion written as an "answere" to Judiasm, and Christianity. He perverts and lies about other religions, and is/was absolutely intolerant of any true religion from ever being taught.
if prophet Mohammed [pbuh]liar as you think so why god did not sent to us disaster like Christians country most of days not just most day after day why their god did not protect them why why why why the god did not sent to us disaster every day because our religion false look we know the disaster it will continue in Unbeliever country until the day of judgment this is promise of ALLAH ----ALLAH SAID IN QURAN [
Had it been possible for a Lecture to cause the mountains to move, or the earth to be torn asunder, or the dead to speak, (this Qur'an would have done so). Nay, but Allah's is the whole command. Do not those who believe know that, had Allah willed, He could have guided all mankind? As for those who disbelieve, disaster ceaseth not to strike them because of what they do, or it dwelleth near their home until the threat of Allah come to pass. Lo! Allah faileth not to keep the tryst -
And verily messengers (of Allah) were mocked before thee, but long I bore with those who disbelieved. At length I seized them, and how (awful) was My punishment!] THE PROBLEM not in death the problem what is waiting you after death if you see in MUSLIM country disaster because the sins increase in this country but ALLAH SENT DISASTER TO YOUR COUNTRY BECAUSE YOUR RELIGION IS FALSE

Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
yes my brother ,I agree

you are right Woodrow.

Jazzymom ,I will be frank, I am here 2008 year ago ,I was Discuss with you a lot, I know you hate muslims as you said many time so you do not represent the Jewish peaceful
She's been saying some things I find a tad intolerant, but she's defended Muslims against Christians and many Muslims here have said some pretty mean things about Jews in the time I've been here. And things mean to her when she didn't warrant them. If you look at the surveys much of the Muslim world has a very negative view of Jews so it's not totally surprising if they respond in turn.

Mixed Views of Hamas and Hezbollah in Largely Muslim Nations - Pew Research Center

Old 05-27-2011, 07:35 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRage View Post
To the poster of this thread, I hate calling you out like this but, if you're going to post a thread then at least put some more thought into besides sticking a picture and a link to it. BTW, we don't need a million or so threads about "What is Islam?", etc etc
This strikes right to the core reason I suggested that Islam should get it's own subforum. If non-Muslims want to join in the discussions between Muslims or ask sincere questions they would undoubtedly be welcome to do so. I honestly think that the endless influx of cut-and-paste spamming Muslim proselyters is a symptom to an underlying problem: Muslims on this board don't have their own space so their need to talk about their religion spills over into other areas. "Religion and Philosophy" would be the right place for them to post to since they don't have an Islam specific area.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:43 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
This strikes right to the core reason I suggested that Islam should get it's own subforum. If non-Muslims want to join in the discussions between Muslims or ask sincere questions they would undoubtedly be welcome to do so. I honestly think that the endless influx of cut-and-paste spamming Muslim proselyters is a symptom to an underlying problem: Muslims on this board don't have their own space so their need to talk about their religion spills over into other areas. "Religion and Philosophy" would be the right place for them to post to since they don't have an Islam specific area.
That would be a plus. I agree with you. Perhaps one day the powers to be will see a need for an Islamic sub-forum.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:51 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,729,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkarloveALLAH View Post
if prophet Mohammed [pbuh]liar as you think so why god did not sent to us disaster like Christians country most of days not just most day after day why their god did not protect them why why why why the god did not sent to us disaster every day because our religion false look we know the disaster it will continue in Unbeliever country until the day of judgment this is promise of ALLAH ----ALLAH SAID IN QURAN [
Had it been possible for a Lecture to cause the mountains to move, or the earth to be torn asunder, or the dead to speak, (this Qur'an would have done so). Nay, but Allah's is the whole command. Do not those who believe know that, had Allah willed, He could have guided all mankind? As for those who disbelieve, disaster ceaseth not to strike them because of what they do, or it dwelleth near their home until the threat of Allah come to pass. Lo! Allah faileth not to keep the tryst -
And verily messengers (of Allah) were mocked before thee, but long I bore with those who disbelieved. At length I seized them, and how (awful) was My punishment!] THE PROBLEM not in death the problem what is waiting you after death if you see in MUSLIM country disaster because the sins increase in this country but ALLAH SENT DISASTER TO YOUR COUNTRY BECAUSE YOUR RELIGION IS FALSE
you call people getting blown up almost every day by suicide bombers protection from your false camel hearding prophet..?? do you follow the news,!!!!??>> war and civil unrest is popping up like flies on a old piece of pork.. unarmed civilians are getting shot down in the streets everyday remember the big azz tsunami in 2004 that killed 230 thousand people, what about the big azz flood that hit pakistan last year..do you realize when the middle east starts to run out of oil,all hell is going to break loose.. we will see what your false prophet has in store for all you god fearing sheople..... nothing!! he does not exist

Old 05-27-2011, 07:58 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
you call people getting blown up almost every day by suicide bombers protection from your false camel hearding prophet..?? do you follow the news,!!!!??>> war and civil unrest is popping up like flies on a old piece of pork.. unarmed civilians are getting shot down in the streets everyday remember the big azz tsunami in 2004 that killed 230 thousand people, what about the big azz flood that hit pakistan last year..do you realize when the middle east starts to run out of oil,all hell is going to break loose.. we will see what your false prophet has in store for all you god fearing sheople..... nothing!! he does not exist
You do realize that the Mideast accounts for only about 10% of the world's Muslims, but nearly every bit of the violence attributed to us. The majority of us live very quiet peaceful lives and cause nobody any distress.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:13 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,342,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You do realize that the Mideast accounts for only about 10% of the world's Muslims, but nearly every bit of the violence attributed to us. The majority of us live very quiet peaceful lives and cause nobody any distress.
Not only that, but as terrorism goes, Fundamentalist Islamists account for a horribly small amount of it.

ETA fro instance are far more successful in their ventures and far more deadly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam