Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times

Advertisements

The Jesus guy was not exactly a proponent of peace either if ALL the words attributed to him in the NT are indeed his (which I doubt). Here's a sampling:

Matthew 10:34:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Luke 12:51:

Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Revelation 2:23

I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 12:03 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,019,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_windwalker View Post

In order to realize the God that created Adam and Eve, and communicated with the descendants of theirs, you need to go back to the oldest religion on the face of the earth. I used to think that was Hindu. It is not. The religious practices of ancient Sumer, in Babylonia, go back to 50,000 BC, and the Sumerain King List suggests that it may have gone back to more than 400,000 BC. It seems that An, or Anu, might have been the God that Adam and Eve made sacrifice to. Nearly everything in the Bible before the flood of Noah (Gilgamesh), is also in the Sumerian records.
Hey, windwalker, I'll certainly agree with you that many of the stories and fables that Bible-believers think are exclusively theirs actually originated in older Mesopotamian cultures such as Babylonia and Sumer. ("Gilgamesh" being perhaps the best example) However, I seriously question the figures quoted for the antiquity of these Tigris-Euphrates civilizations. 50,000 BC? 400,000 BC?? Far, far too old! A much more reliable figure might be something like 5000 BC. Recorded history extends much farther back only if one considers primitive pictograms and stone carvings as some kind of evidence. (no "channeling" allowed...)

Old 06-03-2011, 05:21 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
If Islam was so violent, can you explain when Spain was starting its inquistion against the heretics and Jews the infidel and evil muslim ottoman empire allowed the Spanish Jewish population to settle in muslim controlled lands?

Can you explain that 10% of Syria and Egypt population and 40% of the population is Christian and they are muslim countries and even though Indonesia is the biggest muslim populated country there are more Christians living in Indonesia than Australia?

BTW even Mahatam Gandi had positive things to state on Jesus and stated this: I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

I not Muslim or even Christian yet each religion has had an bloody past.

Last edited by other99; 06-03-2011 at 05:29 PM..

Old 06-03-2011, 08:15 PM

208 posts, read 546,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
If Islam was so violent, can you explain when Spain was starting its inquistion against the heretics and Jews the infidel and evil muslim ottoman empire allowed the Spanish Jewish population to settle in muslim controlled lands?

Can you explain that 10% of Syria and Egypt population and 40% of the population is Christian and they are muslim countries and even though Indonesia is the biggest muslim populated country there are more Christians living in Indonesia than Australia?

BTW even Mahatam Gandi had positive things to state on Jesus and stated this: I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.

I not Muslim or even Christian yet each religion has had an bloody past.
Muslims has a bloody present.

Old 06-04-2011, 12:22 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Just wondering here. Muhammad spewed hatred for Jews and Christians many times over in the Koran, and, according to the Koran, he unrepentantly pillaged, raped and mass murdered 1000s of Jews and Christians, and teaches in the Koran that Jews and Christians are worse than 2nd class citizens. All of Islam showers love and obedience to this guy, who, seems to me, is worse than Hitler. There is nothing at all "Holy" about this man, Muhammad. But I see and feel a lot of hate towards us. Why follow him? Why not throw him into the Lake of Fire where he belongs, and shower love on those that are more lovable?
It is obvious you have never read the Qur'an. Not in one ayyat of the Qur'an were any of those thing said. I hallange you to find anyplace were any of that is part of the Qur'an. You wont find it.

Muhammad is mentioned in the Qur'an 4 times.

3:144 Muhammad is no more than an apostle: many Were the apostle that passed away before him. If he died or were slain, will ye then Turn back on your heels? If any did turn back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah. but Allah (on the other hand) will swiftly reward those who (serve Him) with gratitude. -

33:40 Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

47:2 But those who believe and work deeds of righteousness, and believe in the (Revelation) sent down to Muhammad - for it is the Truth from their Lord,- He will remove from them their ills and improve their condition.

48:29 Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward

In contrast Jesus(as) is mentioned 29 times in 28 different Surahs, all in very loving terms and speaking of his truth and the many miracles performed through Him.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 06-04-2011 at 12:48 AM..

Old 06-04-2011, 06:21 PM

563 posts, read 929,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
Hey, windwalker, I'll certainly agree with you that many of the stories and fables that Bible-believers think are exclusively theirs actually originated in older Mesopotamian cultures such as Babylonia and Sumer. ("Gilgamesh" being perhaps the best example) However, I seriously question the figures quoted for the antiquity of these Tigris-Euphrates civilizations. 50,000 BC? 400,000 BC?? Far, far too old! A much more reliable figure might be something like 5000 BC. Recorded history extends much farther back only if one considers primitive pictograms and stone carvings as some kind of evidence. (no "channeling" allowed...)
You should Google Göbekli Tepe.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:01 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman View Post
If we could only delete Muhammad from the Koran, the book might be a pretty good read--100% lighter, kinder, and more enjoyable...
i wonder how many times muhammads name is mentioned in the qu'ran??

if you take his name out and every time someone has to say "peace be upon his soul",, might not be much to read

Old 06-04-2011, 10:53 PM

115 posts, read 232,937 times
One of Mohammed's wives was a little girl when he married her. Her waited until she turned 9 before he consumated the marriage. In any other culture, that constitutes pedophilia. If you follow the notion that everything in the Koran is written in heaven and comes from Allah, then youy are forced to condone Mohammed having sex with a 9 year old girl (Aisha) when he was an old man.

Need I say more? How about the teaching to drink camel urine to cure ailments? That doesn't sound like the message of an omniscient god to me (from the Hadiths).

Old 06-05-2011, 05:02 AM

570 posts, read 733,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ball Pean View Post
Just wondering here. Muhammad spewed hatred for Jews and Christians many times over in the Koran, and, according to the Koran, he unrepentantly pillaged, raped and mass murdered 1000s of Jews and Christians, and teaches in the Koran that Jews and Christians are worse than 2nd class citizens. All of Islam showers love and obedience to this guy, who, seems to me, is worse than Hitler. There is nothing at all "Holy" about this man, Muhammad. But I see and feel a lot of hate towards us. Why follow him? Why not throw him into the Lake of Fire where he belongs, and shower love on those that are more lovable?
The answer is very brief ... he was not like you said !!!
How do you expect from us to accept these false accusations !!!

Old 06-05-2011, 02:26 PM

563 posts, read 929,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA palmetto View Post
Need I say more? How about the teaching to drink camel urine to cure ailments? That doesn't sound like the message of an omniscient god to me (from the Hadiths).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam