Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 10:32 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,023,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
And by correct you must mean take over......

That is what any country gets to worry about if the muslim population gets to large I would suspect.

So maybe immigration needs to be restricted if that is the case?
Immigration will never result in a European nation becoming Islamic. It will only become Islamic if the people see Islam as the truth and revert to Islam. If that happens it is because the majority of the population wants Islam.

However I agree that all nations need to restrict immigration, not on the basis of religion, but on the overall total of immigrants allowed in each year. For overall stability a nation needs to keep it's immigrant population at no more than 25% of the total population and less if it appears the nation is reaching a point of over population.

A house can only hold so may people. You fill the house first with family, then if there is room you let some distant relatives or neighbors have a room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 11:09 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,031,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Immigration will never result in a European nation becoming Islamic. It will only become Islamic if the people see Islam as the truth and revert to Islam. If that happens it is because the majority of the population wants Islam.

However I agree that all nations need to restrict immigration, not on the basis of religion, but on the overall total of immigrants allowed in each year. For overall stability a nation needs to keep it's immigrant population at no more than 25% of the total population and less if it appears the nation is reaching a point of over population.

A house can only hold so may people. You fill the house first with family, then if there is room you let some distant relatives or neighbors have a room.

Yes limiting immigration and I would much rather we limit our immigration to countries with western values.

Because immigrants from those countries assimilated into the fabric.

I would like to see immigration from Muslim countries questioned.

If muslims continue their violence and it grows and affects more and more of us the world will finally question the peacefulness of Islam.

Old 06-21-2011, 02:25 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,128,665 times
Woodrow LI: You must realize by now that you are an exception to most of the other Muslims on the forum, who would probably never blend with the inhabitants of a Western country in any way. They would continue to baldly assert their 'Truth' and would not hesitate to take over the government at the first opportunity. Bye-bye, democracy.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
Woodrow LI: You must realize by now that you are an exception to most of the other Muslims on the forum, who would probably never blend with the inhabitants of a Western country in any way. They would continue to baldly assert their 'Truth' and would not hesitate to take over the government at the first opportunity. Bye-bye, democracy.
I think that is more of a few people have of all immigrants from India, Pakistan and the Mideast, no matter what religion they are. The Iranians in Los Angeles are seen the same as the Muslims are seen and yet virtually all Iranians in LA are Christian.

In Texas I seen the same hatred and thoughts being directed towards Sihks from India. Many Texans assume they are Muslim terrorists. Shortly after 9/11 several Sikh shop owners were assaulted, at least one was killed. All on the assumption that because they wore turbans they were terrorists.

All new comers to a nation meet with the same suspicion. I can still remember the massive migrations to the USA immediately after WW2 the Italians and German immigrants were viewed in much the same way Mideastern people are viewed today.

Actually I have not seen any difference between myself and the other Muslims on the forums. If there is any difference it is in terms of language. I just happen to have English as my first language and for that reason, I may be able to express myself with a better choice of words.

I am certain if many members here tried to converse in either Urdu or Arabic with many of our Muslim members they would come across as being very hostile or not capable of comprehending.

The same fears were held towards the Irish when they mass migrated to the US in the 1800s. There was also a fear in the USA that the Catholics would gain Control and the US would become a Papal state. For a long time the Catholics were seen as being potential terrorist and out to convert the USA into Catholicism.

Old 06-21-2011, 07:07 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,031,648 times
Quote:
I think that is more of a few people have of all immigrants from India, Pakistan and the Mideast, no matter what religion they are. The Iranians in Los Angeles are seen the same as the Muslims are seen and yet virtually all Iranians in LA are Christian.

In Texas I seen the same hatred and thoughts being directed towards Sihks from India. Many Texans assume they are Muslim terrorists. Shortly after 9/11 several Sikh shop owners were assaulted, at least one was killed. All on the assumption that because they wore turbans they were terrorists.

All new comers to a nation meet with the same suspicion. I can still remember the massive migrations to the USA immediately after WW2 the Italians and German immigrants were viewed in much the same way Mideastern people are viewed today.

Actually I have not seen any difference between myself and the other Muslims on the forums. If there is any difference it is in terms of language. I just happen to have English as my first language and for that reason, I may be able to express myself with a better choice of words.

I am certain if many members here tried to converse in either Urdu or Arabic with many of our Muslim members they would come across as being very hostile or not capable of comprehending.

The same fears were held towards the Irish when they mass migrated to the US in the 1800s. There was also a fear in the USA that the Catholics would gain Control and the US would become a Papal state. For a long time the Catholics were seen as being potential terrorist and out to convert the USA into Catholicism.

If I was not literate in a language I would not use it on a forum.

Their perceptions of non muslims comes through loud and clear.

All these groups of immigrants that came to this country were assimilated into the countries fabric. They did not have desires to change the country.

Terrorism is coming from the Muslim community and that is why they are viewed as suspect.

The world changed on 9/11 and all the violence coming from muslims in the name of Islam changed how muslims are viewed.

Its very different then any other group that came to this country.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
If I was not literate in a language I would not use it on a forum.

Their perceptions of non muslims comes through loud and clear.

All these groups of immigrants that came to this country were assimilated into the countries fabric. They did not have desires to change the country.

Terrorism is coming from the Muslim community and that is why they are viewed as suspect.

The world changed on 9/11 and all the violence coming from muslims in the name of Islam changed how muslims are viewed.

Its very different then any other group that came to this country.
Have you had any experience with the Vietnamese when they first came to the Texas Gulf coast. It was an out right shooting war. I was living in Port Lavaca, Texas at the time. If you ever saw the Movie Alamo Beach, you can have some idea as to what the Gulf coast was like for a few years.

There were nearly identical fears and the Vietnamese immigrants did have within them more then one or two Viet-Cong and Cong-Hoa. Yet after a few years the majority of them did settle in. But there was a lot of fear of them and a lot of hatred in both directions. My oldest Daughter married one and we dang near got run out of town. I went into the shrimping business with a small group and we had our boats in Venice, Louisiana. A small delta town as far south of New Orleans as you can get. The rascals got the idea they were going to make the boat into a gun ship and become pirates off the coast of Bermuda. I gave up my career in shrimp fishing. I believe the coast guard sunk them in the gulf.

Old 06-21-2011, 09:43 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
What do the Vietnamese in America have to do Islam in Europe?...Absolutely nothing. Why are you pointing the finger at the other guy instead of addressing the topic?...The that's fine, the other guys do it too argument is just lame, especially in this case.

The European Union is emerging as a major center of Islamic finance, based on Islamic Shariah law, and which critics say amounts to "financial Jihad" by Islamists intent on Islamifying the West. Islamic "Shariah-Compliant" Banking Takes Root in Europe :: Hudson New York

Sharia has entered European parliaments, administrations and courts: In several
European states legislation on Islamic norms concerning clothing, slaughtering, and
Family law practices has recently passed or still is on the way. Administrations have
to deal with religious or political convictions of Muslims applying for citizenship, and
courts are every day applying foreign law in civil law matters according to the
provisions of Private International Law (PIL). In a recent and hopefully singular case
a judge in Frankfurt/Germany refused to grant legal aid for a wife from Moroccan
origin who wanted to obtain an immediate divorce because she was severely beaten
by her Moroccan husband (according to the legal hardship clause). The judge in her
reasoning said that, according to the provision in Qur’ān Sūrah 4, 34, beating wives
was common in the culture of origin of the parties, and therefore denied a case of
hardship. http://cmes.hmdc.harvard.edu/files/M...e_.lecture.pdf

France
Robert Redeker
Redeker directly criticised Mohammed, the Koran and the Islamic religion in 2006. Death threats from violent Islamic fascists drove him and his wife and children from their home.
In theory, we have the freedom to criticise Islam in the West. In practice, we know we don't. Someday, hopefully in my lifetime, we will have the freedom to criticise Islam without fear - as we can Christianity. Sharia law in the West

Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 PM

63,568 posts, read 39,855,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
What do the Vietnamese in America have to do Islam in Europe?...Absolutely nothing. Why are you pointing the finger at the other guy instead of addressing the topic?...The that's fine, the other guys do it too argument is just lame, especially in this case.

The European Union is emerging as a major center of Islamic finance, based on Islamic Shariah law, and which critics say amounts to "financial Jihad" by Islamists intent on Islamifying the West. Islamic "Shariah-Compliant" Banking Takes Root in Europe :: Hudson New York

Sharia has entered European parliaments, administrations and courts: In several
European states legislation on Islamic norms concerning clothing, slaughtering, and
Family law practices has recently passed or still is on the way. Administrations have
to deal with religious or political convictions of Muslims applying for citizenship, and
courts are every day applying foreign law in civil law matters according to the
provisions of Private International Law (PIL). In a recent and hopefully singular case
a judge in Frankfurt/Germany refused to grant legal aid for a wife from Moroccan
origin who wanted to obtain an immediate divorce because she was severely beaten
by her Moroccan husband (according to the legal hardship clause). The judge in her
reasoning said that, according to the provision in Qur’ān Sūrah 4, 34, beating wives
was common in the culture of origin of the parties, and therefore denied a case of
hardship. http://cmes.hmdc.harvard.edu/files/M...e_.lecture.pdf

France
Robert Redeker
Redeker directly criticised Mohammed, the Koran and the Islamic religion in 2006. Death threats from violent Islamic fascists drove him and his wife and children from their home.
In theory, we have the freedom to criticise Islam in the West. In practice, we know we don't. Someday, hopefully in my lifetime, we will have the freedom to criticise Islam without fear - as we can Christianity. Sharia law in the West
Fanatic Islamists are a blight on the civilized world. The barbarism of Islam is a threat to modern societies everywhere. Its goals are uncompromising and its proponents are tyrannical. The sooner Islam is pacified and its financial teeth pulled to make it a minor player on the world stage . . . the better it will be for all of us. It is a heinous deen.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Fanatic Islamists are a blight on the civilized world. The barbarism of Islam is a threat to modern societies everywhere. Its goals are uncompromising and its proponents are tyrannical. The sooner Islam is pacified and its financial teeth pulled to make it a minor player on the world stage . . . the better it will be for all of us. It is a heinous deen.
Sharia (La Riba) Banking is catching on here in the USA also and it is the non-Muslims who want it, they like the idea of no interest home financing.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:33 PM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times
Quote:
Sharia (La Riba) Banking is catching on here in the USA also and it is the non-Muslims who want it, they like the idea of no interest home financing.
You think that is a good thing?

Critics of Islamic finance, however, point out that although there are some practices in conventional capitalist finance that do not involve charging interest (for example, venture capital or investing in stocks) or risk or uncertainty (for example, investing in government bonds), it is impossible to have a financial and banking system that avoids both. As a result, much of contemporary Islamic banking is shrouded in a variety of deceptive legal fictions and subterfuges (hiyal) that enable Muslims to engage in business transactions that circumvent and evade Shariah prohibitions on interest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam