Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 05:20 PM

617 posts, read 693,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
I wonder if there is a scale by which muslims earn brownie points to paradise by the amount of YouTube videos they post?

This probably stems for the fact that most are illiterate. I have been on the ex-muslim site and they have to do likewise to counter islam.

Every muslim I have ever met in SA were/are articulate in the English language and really nice folk. That said most of them are merely observant and not orthodox.

what ? LOOOOL

Wake up, We are in the twenty-first century now tell me who was told you that muslims are illiterate?

I think you're in another world, Three-quarters of arab Muslims know your language

Last edited by weaam; 06-21-2011 at 05:47 PM..

Old 06-21-2011, 05:35 PM

33,495 posts, read 36,989,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
what ? LOOOOL

Wake up, We in the twenty-first century now tell me who was told you that muslims are illiterate?

I think you're in another world, Three-quarters of arab Muslims know your language
Speaking a language or even several does not make one literate. There are many illiterate people, and not just Muslims.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Interesting story. Yet the fact he is an apostate from Saudi. Hmmm, I thought Saudi was a terror nation and apostates are killed on the spot. Dr. Gabriel seems to be living proof there is no danger to an apostate in Saudi. Which is true. There are apostates in Saudi living normal lives.

It seems that most people are under the impression that a person can not learn about Christianity in Saudi, he learned about it from somebody.

The guy is living proof that Islam is not the terrorist religion, he is claiming it to be.

I think the fact there are outspoken and public apostates, lessens the credibility to the misconception we are blind followers, in fear of being killed if we try to leave.

Dr, Gabriel has made his own choice, just as the OP of the thread has. It is an informed, free will choice on their part and they will be the ones who have to show the justification for their choice on the day of judgement.

look my dear brother, I'll tell you about the situation simply

When the Jewish leaves his religion says, Judaism is a religion of violence

when the Christian leaves his religion says, Christianity is a religion of violence..

This is what "Dr, Gabriel" has done with Islam

Old 06-21-2011, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Speaking a language or even several does not make one literate. There are many illiterate people, and not just Muslims.

I know, but mostly,the spokesman of foreign languages is educated and literate

Old 06-22-2011, 03:32 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,190,461 times
Quote:
what ? LOOOOL

Wake up, We are in the twenty-first century now tell me who was told you that muslims are illiterate?

I'm talking of folk in the Islamic theocracies. Yes folk may be literate in their own Arabic yet they cannot read or write it. They rely on Imams to tell them what is written. It is not I that say this but folk from the ex-muslim site.

There seems to be a fetish with YouToob vids for a way in spamming their religion. I have never once encountered a muslim theologian, all we get is links to vids, they cannot assimilate a discussion nor a debate. We are left with walls of quran text nobody reads and the vids we do not view either.

By illiterate I men folk do not seem to be able to converse using their own words and thoughts hence my smug dismissal of these obvious trolls from the ME that come onto predominantly English boards and take up space that no one really gives two hoots about.

One cannot debate the imam in a YouTube video and challenge their beliefs, they will not as they are not skilled in this regard. The literate muslims like we have here in SA do not proselytize.

Any challenge we do offer to the muslim we get you must understand Arabic to fully understand the quran and is exactly the same as xian apologists that insist we should understand ancient hebrew and greek to make sense of their holy book the bible.

Some atheists have made an effort to read the quran and refute it equally well like the bible. The weird idea that atheists or ex christians may be open to the wisdumb of islam is actually laughable. The claims of islam sometimes exceed the rubbish found in the xian bible. For example the idea that mohammed actually split the moon in two, the idea that sperm is derived from the spinal cord of man and not his testicles are just two examples.

This is supposed to the the word of allah and uncorrupted?

It is obvious to anyone with minor scientific acumen that the quran and islam are simply archaic mumblings of ancient ME goat herders. It does not stand up to scrutiny.

Where judaism and xianity have evolved somewhat out of the literal old testament mindsets, islam is only at that place right now. At least the xians have tried to reinvent their doctrines as knowledge increases and shows their beliefs to be inconsequential in the modern era, islam for whatever reason takes an approach relying on ignorance as an entrance to the masses.

While muslim folk may be relatively decent folk, their religion is laughable.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:43 AM

570 posts, read 730,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by life-lover
An interesting interview with a former-imam-islamic history professor at Al-Azhar University. And I as a Christian converter from Saudi Arabia think that Dr. Mark Gabriel has given me the chance of looking at my birth religion from a different angle.
A former-imam-islamic history professor at Al-Azhar University who has fatal linguistic mistakes !!!
Have you noticed how he uttered some words from Quran in other videos ?!!!!
My 7 years old sister read Koran better than him !!!
This is so silly
Quote:
As a recent converter to Christianity from Saudi Arabia who went to a Saudi public school where about one third of what students learn there is about Islam especially the Wahaabiasm sect I can tell you Islam teaches violence and hate.
As a recent converter to Christianity from Saudi Arabia
Oh really
Ok ... Whatever you say dude ...
Wahaabiasm !!!
There is no doctrine in Islam called Wahhabism ...
You just revealed your self ex-bro ...
Quote:
At the beginning when Mohammed started preaching in Makkah (his birthplace) he was very peaceful and polite. But once many people followed him, he moved to Madinah where most of his followers at that time were. After that he started to show the other "true" face of the violent Islam.
You mean when he defended himself against those who went out to kill him ... the first battle that he fought called Badr .. it was a place near Madinah not near Makkah that means they went out after him not vice versa !!
Try again
Quote:
All of the Quranic verses that talk about peace and love were "revealed while he was in Makkah" where he had no many followers. However, once he moved to Madinah where most of his followers were he started to preach about killing and hate.
Be more specific and we will find out that you are simply a liar ...
Quote:
You can say his teachings "one of the things I learned at my Saudi school" is that when you are weak show the love/peace face of Islam just like what Mohammed was doing in Makkah but once you get stronger you have to conquer "do Jihad" everywhere you could conquer to spread Islam and if anyone tries to stop you, you should never hesitate to kill him.
Where did you learn that ?
Give me an example of that teaching ... I dare you ...
Quote:
I learned this stuff when I was in the 7th grade ! I was only 13 when I heard my teacher saying that. A 13 year old boy hears such a hateful teachings what would you expect him to be ?
A Liar

Old 06-22-2011, 06:52 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,024,003 times
Quote:
what ? LOOOOL

Combat illiteracy

It is sad and annoying that the rate of illiteracy in the Muslim nation approximates 80% and that the Islamic World as a whole is considered a part of the group of the developing countries, which is a nicer way of referring to undeveloped countries, or what is also called the third world. There may even be some countries who might go even lower and be considered on their own as a fourth world!

Middle East Today: Illiteracy Rate and Population Growth

The illiteracy rates in the Arab world fluctuate from 35% to 45% in most populated states such as Egypt, Sudan, Yemen and Morocco, where more than half the population resides. However, the illiteracy rate among females is almost double the rate for men.

Rate of Literacy in Islamic Countries
Literacy definition: age 15 and over can read and write

Iran
total population: 72.1%
male: 78.4%
female: 65.8% (1994 est.)

Afghanistan
total population: 31.5%
male: 47.2%
female: 15% (1995 est.)

Algeria
total population: 61.6%
male: 73.9%
female: 49% (1995 est.)

Bahrain
total population: 85.2%
male: 89.1%
female: 79.4% (1995 est.)

Djibouti
total population: 46.2%
male: 60.3%
female: 32.7% (1995 est.)

Egypt
total population: 51.4%
male: 63.6%
female: 38.8% (1995 est.
)
Jordan
total population: 86.6%
male: 93.4%

Kyrgyztan
total population: 97%
male: 99%
female: 96% (1989 est.)

Kyrgyztan

Libya
total population: 76.2%
male: 87.9%
female: 63% (1995 est.)

Mauritania
total population: 37.7%
male: 49.6%
female: 26.3% (1995 est.)

Nigeria
total population: 57.1%
male: 67.3%
female: 47.3% (1995 est.)

Pakistan
total population: 37.8%
male: 50%
female: 24.4% (1995 est.)

Somalia
total population: 24%
male: 36%
female: 14% (1990 est.)

Syria
total population: 70.8%
male: 85.7%
female: 55.8% (1997 est.)

Tunisia
total population: 66.7%
male: 78.6%
female: 54.6% (1995 est.)

Turkmenistan
total population: 98%
female: 97% (1989 est.)

Uzbekistan
total population: 99%
female: 99% (yearend 1996)

Albania age 9 and over
can read and write
total population: 93%
male: NA%
female: NA% (1997 est.)

Azerbaijan

Old 06-22-2011, 11:10 AM

7,943 posts, read 6,031,257 times
There is no doctrine in Christianity called Catholicism, yet there they are. so sorry buddy Wahabis are muslims too.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Combat illiteracy

It is sad and annoying that the rate of illiteracy in the Muslim nation approximates 80% and that the Islamic World as a whole is considered a part of the group of the developing countries, which is a nicer way of referring to undeveloped countries, or what is also called the third world. There may even be some countries who might go even lower and be considered on their own as a fourth world!

Middle East Today: Illiteracy Rate and Population Growth

The illiteracy rates in the Arab world fluctuate from 35% to 45% in most populated states such as Egypt, Sudan, Yemen and Morocco, where more than half the population resides. However, the illiteracy rate among females is almost double the rate for men.

Rate of Literacy in Islamic Countries
Literacy definition: age 15 and over can read and write

Iran
total population: 72.1%
male: 78.4%
female: 65.8% (1994 est.)

Afghanistan
total population: 31.5%
male: 47.2%
female: 15% (1995 est.)

Algeria
total population: 61.6%
male: 73.9%
female: 49% (1995 est.)

Bahrain
total population: 85.2%
male: 89.1%

Djibouti
total population: 46.2%
male: 60.3%
female: 32.7% (1995 est.)

Egypt
total population: 51.4%
male: 63.6%
female: 38.8% (1995 est.
)
Jordan
total population: 86.6%
male: 93.4%

Kyrgyztan

Kyrgyztan

Libya
total population: 76.2%
male: 87.9%
female: 63% (1995 est.)

Mauritania
total population: 37.7%
male: 49.6%
female: 26.3% (1995 est.)

Nigeria
total population: 57.1%
male: 67.3%
female: 47.3% (1995 est.)

Pakistan
total population: 37.8%
male: 50%
female: 24.4% (1995 est.)

Somalia
total population: 24%
male: 36%
female: 14% (1990 est.)

Syria
total population: 70.8%
male: 85.7%
female: 55.8% (1997 est.)

Tunisia
total population: 66.7%
male: 78.6%
female: 54.6% (1995 est.)

Turkmenistan
total population: 98%
female: 97% (1989 est.)

Uzbekistan
total population: 99%
female: 99% (yearend 1996)

Albania age 9 and over
can read and write
total population: 93%
male: NA%
female: NA% (1997 est.)

Azerbaijan

yes, these were generations of the forties and fifties,In other words, all of the olders,but these generations(today) are the hope of the Muslim Ummah, all of them are Educated and cultured and knew more than one language

that's it

Old 06-22-2011, 02:11 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,190,461 times
Quote:
yes, these were generations of the forties and fifties,In other words, all of the olders,but these generations(today) are the hope of the Muslim Ummah, all of them are Educated and cultured and knew more than one language

that's it
Let us look at the correct syntax and grammar of your statement.
Yes, these were from generations of the forties and fifties, In other words, all of the older folks, but today's generations are the hope of the Muslim Ummah, all of them are Educated in their culture and know more than one language. (still bad grammar)
I guess that is what you are trying to say which anyway proves the point of illiteracy. Having knowledge of a language and being fluent in it are two vastly different aspects of literacy.

You are trying to "educate" westernized folk in a language you cannot even articulate properly about your religion and when challenged, you simply revert to the old excuse "well it all makes sense in Arabic."

If this is a proviso for learning about islam, then simply go onto an Arabic forum and sell your wares there.

If anyone here was remotely interested in the islamic culture and its nuances, we certainly would not be asking or conversing with you. All to often the muslim posters here cannot converse in English in real time as it seems they need to go back, get queues from some literate "leader" that can possibly articulate better than they can or work through a translator. One need only look at the delays between responses to see this is the case.

This would be akin to allowing someone here with a gr 5 English ability to dialogue with someone with a post high school graduation. It just does not work.

This is why we are inundated with walls of YouTube videos and really no one watches them. Even the odd times I did, they were no more convincing than your inept command of the English language in text.

When my kids were small they too had the ability to copy and paste on the Computer. No real oratory skills required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam