Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2011, 06:28 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
yes this waht I want, to post for Sunnah, and Everything about Islam, but you know that Once there is a page about Islam you know it will become a mixture of everything

So,What do you think you, and Woodrow for another page of Islam and Muslims and We will move the original posts here in ?
I think that until it is shown there is a need for an Islamic sub section such as the Christians and Atheists have, every Islamic thread will become side tracked after just a few posts.

For our selves we need to post more often and show there are sufficient Muslim members to justify a separate section. Until that happens it is understandable that non-Muslims will consider any thread pertaining to Islam as a challenge.

In spite of this thread getting side tracked, a few non-Muslims did ask some very legitimate questions and do have a genuine desire to know what we believe about various matters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 PM

617 posts, read 696,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I think that until it is shown there is a need for an Islamic sub section such as the Christians and Atheists have, every Islamic thread will become side tracked after just a few posts.

For our selves we need to post more often and show there are sufficient Muslim members to justify a separate section. Until that happens it is understandable that non-Muslims will consider any thread pertaining to Islam as a challenge.

In spite of this thread getting side tracked, a few non-Muslims did ask some very legitimate questions and do have a genuine desire to know what we believe about various matters.

yes, I see the number of Muslims here do not exceed approximately 5
anyway let's to Complete posts about Islam and Muslims to benefit Muslims here

Old 06-30-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
yes, I see the number of Muslims here do not exceed approximately 5
anyway let's to Complete posts about Islam and Muslims to benefit Muslims here

Going back to the original topic, lets us move on to the importance of Fiqh-ul-Sunnah. this is an area many of us living in the Western world are often tempted to by pass. especially in regards to clothing.

While many Western clothes are halal and permitted. It is always best we try to dress in accordance with Sunnah. In the Western world when we fail to do so, we are sending the message that we may be afraid to acknowledge we are Muslim.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:11 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Going back to the original topic, lets us move on to the importance of Fiqh-ul-Sunnah. this is an area many of us living in the Western world are often tempted to by pass. especially in regards to clothing.

While many Western clothes are halal and permitted. It is always best we try to dress in accordance with Sunnah. In the Western world when we fail to do so, we are sending the message that we may be afraid to acknowledge we are Muslim.
And how is that? If the clothes are halal and people dress modestly why does it matter? Just because people decide to dress in western dress it does not make them less muslim or is it because they afraid to dress as a Muslim.

I don't dress in a Jewish manner but that does not make me less Jewish.

If I immigrated to another country and they dressed differently I would dress in the way of the country I immigrated to.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
And how is that? If the clothes are halal and people dress modestly why does it matter? Just because people decide to dress in western dress it does not make them less muslim or is it because they afraid to dress as a Muslim.

I don't dress in a Jewish manner but that does not make me less Jewish.

If I immigrated to another country and they dressed differently I would dress in the way of the country I immigrated to.
There is no sin in not dressing Sunnah as long as the clothing is Halal. I just personally feel that in an area that has a very small Muslim Population it is better to dress Sunnah. I do want people to know that I am Muslim and that not all Muslims are terrorists or pose any threat to them. I also let them know I am a former USAF combat Pilot and fought for the US in Vietnam. but since it is seldom I get out of the house except to go to the VA, I don't get to tell many people. Except for other old vets at the Va when we sometimes swap war experiences. But that is rare as most of us Nam vets are very reluctant to speak except to other Nam Vets.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:47 PM

617 posts, read 696,625 times
Quote:
Peace my Brothers and sisters,

As there is no Islamic Section this seems to be the best place to post this thread.

I am making this thread in order for us to share our Islamic teachings. The Majority of us have initially learned what we know about Islam from our Mothers or through self self education. Sadly for Most of the world's Muslims there are no Islamic Schools.

As Muslims one of our greatest obligations is to learn that learning will never end and that we all are ignorant. As we learn and share knowledge, let us remember we alone are responsible for what we learn or fail to learn. We each have the responsibility to verify all things we are taught. Islam is not a religion of blind faith. We do not accept the words of any human as being true until we personally verify them to be true. We can never have the excuse we were mislead. what and who we follow we must verify to our satisfaction, it is true and be willing to accept the consequences if we are wrong.

I think this thread can best be handled if we try to keep our discussions in a particular area and not go to the next area until it seems we have finished with the previous. My suggestion is we discuss things in the following order.

1. Pillers of Faith

2, Fundemntals of Islam

3. Sunnah

4. Proper way to pray

5. Qur'an

6. The science of Hadeeth.

Somebody may now open the discussion with the pillars of Faith and what they mean to you.

Back to the original topic

Foremost, We Muslims need to know that the Sunnah, or teachings of Prophet Muhammad, remained authentically preserved and free from alteration and interpolation..

in this page we will know about :

Gods Preservation of the Sunnah so,This is Pure reference to know all the details

The Deen Show ~ It's a way of life. (http://www.thedeenshow.com/newmuslims.php?id=562 - broken link)

I hope muslims here will Benefit of it, Insha Allah

also to non-muslims if wants that

Old 06-30-2011, 08:07 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
Quote:

Forgive my ignorance but is there in English translation for the word (halal) and what it means. I understand that it may have something to do with the style of clothing that you wear but can you be little a more specific if possible.

Woodrow, I too am a Vietnam Vet, a former Navy Seal and did two tours in Vietnam in late 64 to early 66.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Forgive my ignorance but is there in English translation for the word (halal) and what it means. I understand that it may have something to do with the style of clothing that you wear but can you be little a more specific if possible.

Woodrow, I too am a Vietnam Vet, a former Navy Seal and did two tours in Vietnam in late 64 to early 66.
Peace ptsum,

You went in just about the time I was getting out. I went in in 1959, the AF had reopened the aviation cadet program and somehow I managed to qualify. After getting shot down over Nam I was no longer physiacally able to pass the flight physical, so I was taken off flying status and lost my commission. I did manage to come back in as enlisted and lasted another 4 years until I was no longer physically fit and was not able to pass the re-enlistment physical.

Now for your Question Halal simply means allowed, permitted. The opposite Haram means forbidden.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:24 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
When you pose the same questions a hundred thousand times - questions that can be answered, refuted, and be akin to letting sleeping dogs lay - its trolling in abundance.

Just about every question asked on these forums are questions that have been dealt with time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again.

I think it might have been Einstein who once said
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.Albert Einstein, (attributed)
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
You lie.
Review my posts, none of my questions have been addressed.
The trolls are you people trying to spread this trash as if it was a real religion. Islam is a cult that enslaves it's followers, and keeps people in fear of your harsh zero-tolerance authority. You have no ability to think for yourselves, because you must follow the dictates of your book, which hasn't changed one word in centuries.
When you speak of innocents, you only refer to muslims, non-muslims are never innocent. correct?
You are the trolls, and most of this forum is ignoring you for a reason. They know you are fruitloops disguised as learned.

Old 06-30-2011, 08:34 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
When you pose the same questions a hundred thousand times - questions that can be answered, refuted, and be akin to letting sleeping dogs lay - its trolling in abundance.

Just about every question asked on these forums are questions that have been dealt with time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time and time again.

I think it might have been Einstein who once said
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.Albert Einstein, (attributed)
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)

yes questions are posed, and many different answers given.

Having a discussion is not trolling...

But what you are doing is certainly trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam