Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 08:36 AM

617 posts, read 694,151 times

Advertisements

Peace, mercy and blessings of God

"Because she is a Japanese woman and not a Muslim Palestinian!!

Newspapers the world shortly before the image of Japanese women found rescuers Japanese dead embracing her child under the debris was shed light on the situation and the sympathy and tears for the veneration of a sign of motherhood, kindness and compassion, who think the ignorant that is only available in all the world except the Muslim countries..

http://imagecache.te3p.com/imgcache/...31b5f3ec77.jpg

But there is the mother of Muslim Palestinian killed by Israelis in their brutal attacks on the people of Palestine and killed in cold blood, embracing her child without transferred by the world press and did not even referred to as the finger of Lebanon as if it is not of human beings, or if the killing does not affect what is happening in the world with all its appeals to save the human rights and stop the mass killing

http://imagecache.te3p.com/imgcache/...1b50906edf.jpg

I ask God Almighty to grant victory to Islam and Muslims

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 08:37 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,000,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Somehow this doesn't sound like Islam wants peace at all. You have been lying all along, so you can stop making that claim.
That is what we believe Jesus(as) will do upon his return.

You apparently have no concept of eternal life and the final judgement of mankind. Most Christians belief the same thing except they believe it will be the Christians defeating the non-Christians at the "Battle of Armageddon"

Old 06-27-2011, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
You know it's interesting, we can sit here all night long and complain about Muslims and Christians not getting along, Jews and Christians not getting along, Muslims and Muslims not getting along, Christians and Christians not getting along, Jews and Jews not getting along, Muslims and Jews not getting along, but what does it accomplish, absolutely nothing. Don't you think it's time we started learning to get along with one another regardless of what the religious beliefs are, I mean after all, we're all human beings just wanting to live peacefully and prosper in this world. Once we get beyond the religious beliefs and who supposedly has the true belief or not and start treating one another with respect and equality than peace will come. I wonder how many generations will it take untill we have reached that point. Maybe it's time to start just such a thing and rather than argue about past atrocities, start working towards a future peace.osay

I think all the different religions can take a lesson from the native people of this land. Long ago we would fight with one another but then we realized that all that fighting accomplished nothing, so now we have learned that we are all the same and that we're all human beings and brothers and sisters under the same Creator and we have learned to live in peace with one another.
Peace my Friend,

Wise words. It is true peaceful coexistence can be a reality when we all learn to disagree without malice.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:57 AM

Now to attempt to return to the original purpose of this thread, for Muslims to share Information about Islam.

For this let us move onto the topic of Ahadith. The Ahadith, while essential to understanding Islam, can be difficult for a person to learn on their own. Sadly many Muslims never read it and some reject the Hadith .

I think to begin, will be just to give an explanation of what the Ahadith are. In simplicity they are a collection of what Muhammad(PBUH) said and taught. They are a history of the origins of Islam on the Arabian Peninsula. They are our instruction manual and teach us what Islam is.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:00 PM

563 posts, read 927,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
An unbeliever is a Kafir which is often translated as an infidel. It is not intended to be a derogatory word unless a person is calling another Muslim a Kafir. It is also considered a grave sin for a Muslim to call another Muslim a kafir and as a safety measure it is best to never call any person a Kafir as we do not know what is in another person's heart.

Your Question is a good question for here. One of our responsibilities as Muslims is to verify everything anybody teaches us. There are people who teach in a manner to serve their own purposes and not to teach what Islam is. What you are speaking of has been and is being done. There is a push on to have better educated teachers, especially in impoverished countries. Sadly people do take advantage of illiteracy and ignorance to misguide. The Qur'an is very specific in regards to violence and Muslims are forbidden to be aggressors, but words can and do get taken out of context to teach wrong.

There are even places where women are forbidden to read the Qur'an out of fear they will learn their rights in Islam. This comes from misusing that women are not required to attend a Mosque and changing it to forbidding them to.

Education is the key, but first peace and stability have to be achieved. This is a difficult task as long as outside powers are playing key roles in many Islamic nations. there is a strong need for qualified teachers in the Madrassa (Islamic Schools)
Good question and answer, you both always impress me with your wisdom (Woodrow LI and Ptsum). I personally think Islam taught correctly IS a religion of peace. Unfortunately, it seems to have been kidnapped by cultures, and misread out-of-context-history. That results in the violence done by some.
I suppose it is like many religions; great ideas, but warped by human interpretations.
I am fortunate to have a friend and teacher from Pakistan that can sort through the current social applications Islam and share the real truth.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Now to attempt to return to the original purpose of this thread, for Muslims to share Information about Islam.

For this let us move onto the topic of Ahadith. The Ahadith, while essential to understanding Islam, can be difficult for a person to learn on their own. Sadly many Muslims never read it and some reject the Hadith .

I think to begin, will be just to give an explanation of what the Ahadith are. In simplicity they are a collection of what Muhammad(PBUH) said and taught. They are a history of the origins of Islam on the Arabian Peninsula. They are our instruction manual and teach us what Islam is.
Oh good. I am open to your explaination of this because this is where I fall off the wagon.
It seems to have created more divisions by interpretations and application than anything.
For instance, the Sunnis read and say I can't tattoo anyone. Shia (which is my leaning) says its fine. Which is it? Truth is truth regardless of the person. One has to be right, and the other wrong. Dogs are bad in hadiths, too. That is not indicated in the Quran. Why?
I have strong suspicions about the validity of hadiths, but am respectfully open to hearing your ideas.

Old 06-27-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
Good question and answer, you both always impress me with your wisdom (Woodrow LI and Ptsum). I personally think Islam taught correctly IS a religion of peace. Unfortunately, it seems to have been kidnapped by cultures, and misread out-of-context-history. That results in the violence done by some.
I suppose it is like many religions; great ideas, but warped by human interpretations.
I am fortunate to have a friend and teacher from Pakistan that can sort through the current social applications Islam and share the real truth.
Sadly culture often does get confused as religious belief. I have a web site that I made specifically for rural Muslims who have no access to the basic teachings of Islam. At the risk of sounding like I am promoting my own website, this is what I teach in the Mosque:

alkhatoobah.net

Old 06-27-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderingWanderer View Post
Oh good. I am open to your explaination of this because this is where I fall off the wagon.
It seems to have created more divisions by interpretations and application than anything.
For instance, the Sunnis read and say I can't tattoo anyone. Shia (which is my leaning) says its fine. Which is it? Truth is truth regardless of the person. One has to be right, and the other wrong. Dogs are bad in hadiths, too. That is not indicated in the Quran. Why?
I have strong suspicions about the validity of hadiths, but am respectfully open to hearing your ideas.
As Salamu Alaikum Ahki,

The Ahadith while essential do easily cause misunderstandings and distrust wven among Brothers. To study the Hadith is most definetly a science and until one becomes a noted schilar of Ahadith, it is best to rely upon the guidance of those with knowledge.

The ahadith are what primarily divide sunni and shii. there is sufficient difference that some if not many sunni do not consider the Shi'a to be following Islam.

As a Sunni I only accept the Ahadith collections of Da'wud, Maliki, Bukhari and Muslim as being fully authenticated. The Shi'a accept 12 collections.

Also in understanding the Ahadith one must first establish the level of Authenticity, in otherwards establish how much validity there in that the person quoted, did witness what is said. Once that is established the next step is to reliability. the more witnesses saying the exact same thing the higher the reliability.

While the Ahadith when proven authenticate and reliable do let us know what the Prophet(PBUH) taught, care must be taken in understanding if what is quoted is meant for all time or are related to a specific incident or time. The Battle of Badr, is a good example of that. It lets us know what, when, how and why the battle was fought, but we can not relate all of it to all wrs as some things were specific for that battle.

I am only now beginning a serious study of the Ahadith and the best advice I can give, is if it does not contradict the Qur'an, assume it is true, unless you find different.

Old 06-27-2011, 02:27 PM

617 posts, read 694,151 times
Quote:

yes, you are right, there are many issues that misinterpreted in Islam and Unfortunately are interpreted by non-Muslims, Either through Anti-sites or the Western media so Inshallah,I will show most issues misinterpreted Islam from Pure sites

Old 06-27-2011, 02:32 PM

What is sad to me is how the Quran brings us together, but the hadiths seem to divide. I wish we didn't even have labels and could simply say "brother or sister" and that be enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam