Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:42 AM

100 posts, read 155,747 times

Advertisements

salam alaykom for all the muslims in this forum
and HI for all one i hope that you are fine!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 05:36 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,586,806 times
So you're not necessarily wishing the rest of us a good day, are you?

Old 07-05-2011, 05:56 AM

617 posts, read 696,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post

I hope you take a course in courtesy

Old 07-05-2011, 06:26 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
I hope you take a course in courtesy

lol maybe you ought to take one also.....

Old 07-05-2011, 06:45 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,065,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
The poster did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nari View Post
salam alaykom for all the muslims in this forum
and HI for all one i hope that you are fine!
The Salam Alaykom would be meaningless for most non-Muslms so the poster added in: "HI for all one" Which I belive is intended to mean "Hi Everyone" and the "i hope that you are fine!" is for all.

Old 07-05-2011, 08:42 AM

Only I was replid to '' the peace" in arabic june

peace be upon you my dear nari

Quote:
lol maybe you ought to take one also.....

lol, ME ? I do not need, I have dozen of it

Old 07-05-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
The poster did.

The Salam Alaykom would be meaningless for most non-Muslms so the poster added in: "HI for all one" Which I belive is intended to mean "Hi Everyone" and the "i hope that you are fine!" is for all.

I was replid to nari "walicom aslam wa rhamt Allah wabrakath" but june removed it

Old 07-05-2011, 09:09 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,065,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post
I was replid to nari "walicom aslam wa rhamt Allah wabrakath" but june removed it
Peace my Sister,

Patience my sister Patience,

We must keep in mind that most readers here are not Muslim and whem we use Arabic greetings, it is not understood what we are saying. I know they are unaware that we are obligated to greet other Muslims in Arabic.

Perhaps we can use an English phrase such as "And My Islamic Greeting for My Muslim Brothers and sisters"

or the English with it "walicom aslam wa rhamt Allah wabrakath"(English: May the Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allaah(swt) also be with you.)

Old 07-05-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Peace my Sister,

We must keep in mind that most readers here are not Muslim and whem we use Arabic greetings, it is not understood what we are saying. I know they are unaware that we are obligated to greet other Muslims in Arabic.

Perhaps we can use an English phrase such as "And My Islamic Greeting for My Muslim Brothers and sisters"

or the English with it "walicom aslam wa rhamt Allah wabrakath"(English: May the Peace, Mercy and Blessings of Allaah(swt) also be with you.)

OK.

Old 07-05-2011, 10:00 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Quote:
Peace my Sister,

It would be like if I said in my native language: tsi-lu-gi tso-s-da-nv-tli a-le u-lv. (welcome my brother and sister) or; ge loo gee jo sss dah nuh tlee ah lay ooh luh, which means the same phonetically......... It's nice to know the different languages but it's also nice to add the English translation so that we all can understand without any misinterpretation or misunderstanding..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam