Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 02:27 PM

148 posts, read 294,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiker45 View Post
Desertsun, I looked at a website about the Koran, and it only had 114 chapters.

You referenced something from chapter 116. Did you make a mistake?
I congratulate you for maintaining the Light of The Truth on you. The Truth is The Peace.

That is because Allah! He is the Truth, and because that which they call upon beside Him--it is the false. And verily Allah! He is the High, the Great. (62) [Quran. Ch:22]

If we choose falsehood, we choose Hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 02:37 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I do not know the OP's intent. But my intent is to let people know the truth about Islam. We are probably the most misunderstood and most hated of religions. Much because of unwarranted lies spread about us.

It's not really the lies about Islam, it's the way Muslim's act. That's why we question Islams message of peace.

For example, seven years ago this month a group of Muslims took a school over and held nearly a thousand children hostage. In the end, they screamed "Allah Akbar" and blow up the school. The children that didn't die in the blast were murdered at gun point- at least as many as the muslims could kill.

They managed to murder 380 innocent children on that day.

As a father it's hard for me to understand people who think that way, regardless of the cause they were fighting for. To be honest with you, that day changed the way I viewed Islam forever - even more than the 3000 innocent civilians they killed on september 11. I remember thinking that, whatever these people were for, I was against.

Last edited by Boxcar Overkill; 09-19-2011 at 02:56 PM..

Old 09-19-2011, 03:52 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,066,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
It's not really the lies about Islam, it's the way Muslim's act. That's why we question Islams message of peace.

For example, seven years ago this month a group of Muslims took a school over and held nearly a thousand children hostage. In the end, they screamed "Allah Akbar" and blow up the school. The children that didn't die in the blast were murdered at gun point- at least as many as the muslims could kill.

As a father it's hard for me to understand people who think that way, regardless of the cause they were fighting for. To be honest with you, that day changed the way I viewed Islam forever - even more than the 3000 innocent civilians they killed on september 11. I remember thinking that, whatever these people were for, I was against.
If I am reading my Russian correctly Those pictures are from the massacre at Beslan.

It was a tragedy 10 years in the making going back to Chechnya, Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia and Kosovo.

There is never any excuse for tit for tat. But people will fight back and often do try to inflict equal damage upon those who harmed them.

Here are excerpts from 2 stories.

Quote:
he Bosnian Serb massacre of around 8,000 Bosnian Muslim men and boys in Srebrenica in July 1995 has left deep wounds. Ed Vulliamy revisits the scenes of a terrible crime, meets families and survivors, and reports on the search for human remains and justice.The snow lies deep, the air is still and seven degrees below zero – but the shiver is not from cold. It comes from somewhere within this accursed terrain, covered by a layer of virgin white. It comes from within this confounded building, and the memories it holds: a disused warehouse on the country road that runs through the village of Kravica in eastern Bosnia.
Ten years ago this July, some 1,200 men and boys were rounded up, packed into this place and summarily annihilated, by machine-gun fire and grenades tossed into the building, in a murderous bloodbath. And Kravica was but one of a number of execution sites – the whole area is haunted by them – that made up what came to be called the massacre of Srebrenica, a small mountain town nearby.
Some 7,942 Bosniak Muslim men and boys (according to official Bosnia-Herzegovina government figures) were systematically slaughtered by Serbian troops and paramilitaries within six days, between 6 July and 11 July 1995. It was the worst single carnage on European soil since the Third Reich. The brutality, as well as the scale, of the killing knew no bounds: on one infamous occasion, cited by Judge Fouad Riad at a trial in The Hague some years later, an elderly man was skewered to a tree by a knife and made to eat the innards of his grandson; “truly scenes from hell,” said the judge, “written on the darkest pages of human history”.
SOURCE

No that does not justify what happened at Beslan:

Quote:
The Beslan school hostage crisis (also referred to as the Beslan school siege or Beslan massacre of early September 2004 was a three-day hostage-taking of over 1,100 people which ended in the deaths of over 380. It began when a group of armed mostly Ingush and Chechen Islamic militants took more than 1,100 people (including 777 children hostage on 1 September, at School Number One (SNO) in the town of Beslan, North Ossetia, an autonomous republic in the North Caucasus region of the Russian Federation. The hostage taking was carried out by the group Riyadus-Salikhin, sent by the Chechen separatist warlord Shamil Basayev who issued demands of an end to the Second Chechen War and Russian withdrawal from Chechnya. On the third day of the standoff, Russian security forces were forced to storm the building, after several explosions happened inside the gym using tanks to make an entrance in the near gallery, incendiary rockets and other heavy weapons were used later when hostage rescue was over. Ultimately, at least 334 hostages were killed, including 186 children;hundreds more were injured and many were reported missing. Russian special forces lost 21 men in the storm.

The tragedy led to security and political repercussions in Russia, most notably a series of federal government reforms consolidating power in the Kremlin and strengthening of the powers of the President of Russia. According to American NGO Freedom House, these reforms consolidated Russia as a politically non-free, authoritarian state since the mid-2000s. As of 2011, there are many aspects of the crisis still in dispute, including how many militants were involved, their preparations, and whether some of them had escaped. Questions about the government's management of the crisis have also persisted, including disinformation and censorship in news media, repression of journalists who rushed to Beslan, the nature and content of negotiations with the militants, the responsibility for the bloody outcome, and the government's use of possibly excessive force.
SOURCE

A very sad fact is that years of war reduces people to animals. All people not just those of any specific faith.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:55 PM

30,995 posts, read 22,045,160 times
Quote:

Religion, Nationalism, and Racism are the source of most of the intolerance that results in these atrocities. Eliminate the source and the result goes away.

Old 09-19-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
If I am reading my Russian correctly Those pictures are from the massacre at Beslan.

It was a tragedy 10 years in the making going back to Chechnya, Serbia, Bosnia, Croatia and Kosovo.

There is never any excuse for tit for tat. But people will fight back and often do try to inflict equal damage upon those who harmed them.

Here are excerpts from 2 stories.

SOURCE

No that does not justify what happened at Beslan:

SOURCE

A very sad fact is that years of war reduces people to animals. All people not just those of any specific faith.

You say the conflict doesn't provide an excuse, and then you go about trying to excuse what they did by citing the conflict.

But the quotes you cite don't really help your point, because it's widely acknowledged that the Bosnian Serbs did horrible things. I know why I would draw a comparison between the Serbs and Muslims, but why would you? Are you trying to get me to concede that the Muslim thought process is as horrible and skewed as those genocidal Serbs? If so, I concede.

Finally, it's not really a just criticism to say the Russians should have been better at stopping the blood-thirsty muslims. They were between a rock and a hard place, damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:51 PM

439 posts, read 556,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Hmmm... I don't understand your question. Please clarify: my origin, and "to whom they end"???

what i wanted to say is that Adam and Eve were the first male and female in this planet and from them all of us got existed.

and Adam Eve got existed by Allah and He is the Hearing, the Knowing.
He is the First (nothing is before Him) and the Last (nothing is after Him), the Most High (nothing is above Him) and the Most Near (nothing is nearer than Him). And He is the All-Knower of every thing.

The Originator of the heavens and the earth. When He decrees a matter, He only says to it: "Be!" - and it is.

i want to know what is the first thing got existed in this planet and from it you got existed,
and what power caused it to exist .

the thing that is making you comfortable and you are sure about it.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:02 PM

617 posts, read 696,625 times
Quote:
Quote:

For example, seven years ago this month a group of Muslims took a school over and held nearly a thousand children hostage. In the end, they screamed "Allah Akbar" and blow up the school. The children that didn't die in the blast were murdered at gun point- at least as many as the muslims could kill

As a father it's hard for me to understand people who think that way, regardless of the cause they were fighting for. To be honest with you, that day changed the way

Quote:

For example, seven years ago this month a group of Muslims took a school over and held nearly a thousand children hostage. In the end, they screamed "Allah Akbar" and blow up the school. The children that didn't die in the blast were murdered at gun point- at least as many as the muslims could kill
You must know that these do not represent Islam, they just are Stray Muslims are reject their actions, Only focus on the mistakes of Muslims that all of us was Deplore them, What about America's crimes in Iraq and Afghanistan, and if these pictures were from Russian war on Muslims (as said Woodrow) why did not see to Muslims killed by the Russians of Women and children ?

Quote:
I viewed Islam forever - even more than the 3000 innocent civilians they killed on september 11. I remember thinking that, whatever these people were for, I was against.

september 11 was a U.S. plot

[/quote]

Old 09-19-2011, 06:03 PM

148 posts, read 294,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
Dear Slave of Allah,

Are you a terrorist?
No, I am not a police.

oops!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigimac View Post
Please tell us what brought you here to discuss religion?
1. Love
2. Same reason as Woodrow LI explained.

Old 09-19-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaam View Post

september 11 was a U.S. plot

[/quote]

This is the type of Islamic thought process I have become accustomed to. Denial of responsibility, steep in conspiracy theories.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:09 PM

52 posts, read 54,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
This is the kind of stupidity that has man killing man over which imaginary friend is the most loving ............... stop the insanity

If you put yourself in God's shoes you would understand. Muhammad steers people away from God's love. Islam makes it illigal for anyone to love God of the NT. There is a passage in Rev. stating how God is FURIOUS at the False Prophet, and it is very understandable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam