Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 10:31 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,011 times

Advertisements

In the following posts I shall explain about some prinicpal bases of belief and faith in the religion of the Islam:

1- God is One without associate, son or equal:
This is the same as the First Commandment written in the Law of Moses (included in the Old Testament), and told by Jesus Christ in the Gospel as the most important of all the Commandments.

In the Islam, it is the first word said by any convert, and it is the testimony of faith: No god but God alone without associate.

See about this First Commandment in the book that I have translated from Arabic: (The Universe and the Quran), by the late interpreter of the Quran and the Bible: Mohammed Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
The First Commandment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 11:00 AM

939 posts, read 1,024,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
In the following posts I shall explain about some prinicpal bases of belief and faith in the religion of the Islam:

1- God is One without associate, son or equal:
This is the same as the First Commandment written in the Law of Moses (included in the Old Testament), and told by Jesus Christ in the Gospel as the most important of all the Commandments.

In the Islam, it is the first word said by any convert, and it is the testimony of faith: No god but God alone without associate.

See about this First Commandment in the book that I have translated from Arabic: (The Universe and the Quran), by the late interpreter of the Quran and the Bible: Mohammed Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.
The First Commandment
You realize, of course, that Christianity agrees with this wholeheartedly, right? God (YHWH) is one, and there is no other God. Do you understand what the Trinity is?

Old 11-22-2011, 11:51 AM

2 - God is the Patron:
No patron is to be taken other than God Most Gracious and Almighty.
God protects, saves and helps man in the distress and dangers.

God alone answers the prayer: He is the All-Hearing the All-Seeing, the All-Knowing and the All-Able to do anything.

There are many patrons taken by people with their different doctrines and religions, and this is wrong: the only patron is God only.

The patron saint
Saints.SQPN.com

The patron imam
ÕæÑ ÇáÃÆãÉ - ÈÍË Googleþ

The patron Jewish sages:
Jewish Sages

http://www.google.iq/search?tbm=isch...zrKYudOuybha4P

Last edited by eanassir; 11-22-2011 at 12:29 PM..

Old 11-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoGeek View Post
You realize, of course, that Christianity agrees with this wholeheartedly, right? God (YHWH) is one, and there is no other God. Do you understand what the Trinity is?
In the Quran, the "Trinity" is rejected:
This is in the Quran

Moderator cut: English only in posts

The explanation:
(O people of the Bible [lit. Scripture], do not exaggerate in your religion nor say aught concerning God save the truth.

The Messiah Jesus the son of Mary was but a messenger of God, and His word, that He cast to Mary and a spirit [coming] from His [neighborhood],

so believe in God and [all] His messengers.

Say not "Trinity"; desist [from such words] it will be better for you; for God is One God; Far Exalted is He above having any son.

To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth.

God suffices for a One Who registers their works.)

Last edited by june 7th; 11-24-2011 at 06:45 AM..

Old 11-22-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
In the Quran, the "Trinity" is rejected:
This is in the Quran
Moderator cut: orphaned - English only
The explanation:
(O people of the Bible [lit. Scripture], do not exaggerate in your religion nor say aught concerning God save the truth.

The Messiah Jesus the son of Mary was but a messenger of God, and His word, that He cast to Mary and a spirit [coming] from His [neighborhood],

so believe in God and [all] His messengers.

Say not "Trinity"; desist [from such words] it will be better for you; for God is One God; Far Exalted is He above having a son.

To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth.

God suffices for a One Who registers their works.)
Do you realize that the doctrine of the Trinity does not teach a plurality of Gods? we believe in one God. Only one. He is God almighty--with no associate or partner.

Last edited by june 7th; 12-10-2011 at 10:22 AM..

Old 11-22-2011, 12:28 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Do you realize that the doctrine of the Trinity does not teach a plurality of Gods? we believe in one God. Only one. He is God almighty--with no associate or partner.
If you worship G-d in the form of Jesus who was born to Mary then you worship a man, not G-d.

When my uncle prays to G-d he does so in the name of Jesus. G-d in 3 parts, the father, son and holy spirit.

This is different then worshipping G-d.

Old 11-22-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
If you worship G-d in the form of Jesus who was born to Mary then you worship a man, not G-d.

When my uncle prays to G-d he does so in the name of Jesus. G-d in 3 parts, the father, son and holy spirit.

This is different then worshipping G-d.
God is not 3 parts. God the Father is fully God. God the Son is fully God. God the Spirit is fully God. All 3 are distinct persons, 1 God. 3 persons, 1 God. We do not believe in a 3 part God, or 3 Gods. I knew a lot of muslims had a hard time understanding this, so I responded to the thread.

The quote from the koran above to not say Trinity because God is one God, doesn't make sense....as we do believe in only 1 God.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:14 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
God is not 3 parts. God the Father is fully God. God the Son is fully God. God the Spirit is fully God. All 3 are distinct persons, 1 God. 3 persons, 1 God. We do not believe in a 3 part God, or 3 Gods.
So if each person is distinct, and each is divine (i.e. fully God, as opposed to just 1/3 God) it sounds to me like three Gods. Any statement to the contrary is contradictory. I mean what on earth is a "divine person" if not a God? I can totally understand why Muslims see the Christian Trinity as polytheism.

Last edited by Katzpur; 11-22-2011 at 03:26 PM..

Old 11-22-2011, 09:53 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
God is not 3 parts. God the Father is fully God. God the Son is fully God. God the Spirit is fully God. All 3 are distinct persons, 1 God. 3 persons, 1 God. We do not believe in a 3 part God, or 3 Gods. I knew a lot of muslims had a hard time understanding this, so I responded to the thread.

The quote from the koran above to not say Trinity because God is one God, doesn't make sense....as we do believe in only 1 God.

Jesus was a man who bled blood and died on a cross..... Those who pray to a man who bled blood on a cross worship a man not G-d.

In Islam they understand to worship Jesus is to worship a man, not G-d.

G-d has no partners, no father, no son, and is one.

Old 11-23-2011, 10:28 AM

The doctrine of the "man-god" is not revealed in any heavenly revelation of any prophet before the appearance of this doctrine of Christians.

God had not revealed to any prophet that he has any son or any man-part.

Such doctrine of the man-god and that God has a son is only derived from the available gospels.

It does not depend on any logical or reasonable basis; but only they say: it is our faith: we believe as such.

All this is because of the enthusiasm about Prophet Jesus - salam be to him.

And yes, the enthusiasm is rejected in the Quran, and yes: the doctrine of the man-god and the son of God is firmly rejected in the Quran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam