Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 06:49 PM

116 posts, read 372,383 times

Advertisements

The thing is Christians can take crap from non believers....Muslims cannot. ie. Denmark. Oh well Europe is getting over run by Muslims anyway.... time for another 10th century Reconquista. jk jk lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2007, 04:50 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
Should Islam become the dominant religion in the USa, you may be a christian but you will be called a dhimmi, a second class hanger on or nobody. Should Islam become the dominant religion in the USa, you will not need to worry about christian fundamentalist or christian influence on your constitution, Islam will be the law of the land.

Should Islam become the dominant religion in the USa, gentlemen, your women will be raped. Ladies, don't worry about the burqa, no one will see the bruises.

I'm sure the examples could go on but that would get tiring and somewhat alarmist. Watch Islamic activity in your 'blind justice' courts because that is where Islam will bring down your current lifestyle, not in Congress.

If you don't understand this then you are not bothering to connect the dots. Remember the dots.... 9/11 ?
Good tie-in: Islam=9/11. That's just what the paranoia spreading machine wants evertone to believe.
Before Islam becomes the dominant religion, should America begin a rigorous religious cleansing?

Old 09-09-2007, 12:02 AM

791 posts, read 2,222,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Good tie-in: Islam=9/11. That's just what the paranoia spreading machine wants evertone to believe.
Before Islam becomes the dominant religion, should America begin a rigorous religious cleansing?
In the movie, Obsession, we see film documentation where leaders of Islam and Nazi Germany enter into political relationships.

Jew-Hatred and Jihad
The Nazi roots of the 9/11 attack
by Matthias Küntzel
The Weekly Standard
Quote:
Despite common misconceptions, Islamism was born not during the 1960s but during the 1930s. Its rise was inspired not by the failure of Nasserism but by the rise of Nazism, and prior to 1951 all its campaigns were directed not against colonialism but against the Jews. It was the Organization of the Muslim Brotherhood, founded in 1928, that established Islamism as a mass movement. The significance of the Brotherhood to Islamism is comparable to that of the Bolshevik party to communism: It was and remains to this day the ideological reference point and organizational core for all later Islamist groups, including al Qaeda and Hamas.

The idea of using suicide pilots to obliterate the skyscrapers of Manhattan originated in 1940s Berlin. "In the latter stages of the war, I never saw Hitler so beside himself as when, as if in a delirium, he was picturing to himself and to us the downfall of New York in towers of flame," wrote Albert Speer in his diary. "He described the skyscrapers turning into huge burning torches and falling hither and thither, and the reflection of the disintegrating city in the dark sky."
The article is much longer and worth reading. It confirms information of which I had already been aware. As far as a 'religious cleansing', suit yourself.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:41 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willys View Post
In the movie, Obsession, we see film documentation where leaders of Islam and Nazi Germany enter into political relationships.

Jew-Hatred and Jihad
The Nazi roots of the 9/11 attack
by Matthias Küntzel
The Weekly Standard

The article is much longer and worth reading. It confirms information of which I had already been aware. As far as a 'religious cleansing', suit yourself.
The Jewish Weekly Standard is a publication favored by the fanatical christian right, talk radio hosts, and feeds the lunatic fringe of the conservatives.
As for religious cleansing...is the situation of muslims in America today comparable to that of the Jews in Germany of the 1930s?

Old 09-09-2007, 08:54 AM

791 posts, read 2,222,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The Jewish Weekly Standard is a publication favored by the fanatical christian right, talk radio hosts, and feeds the lunatic fringe of the conservatives.
You must be confusing The Jewish Week or The Jewish Standard with The Weekly Standard, which comes out on Mondays, not Saturdays. And is edited by a couple of white boyz.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:23 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,063,834 times
If Islam becomes the prevalant religion in the United States, I'll probably have a lot more friends who can be the designated driver, rather than just the one guy who flakes on me half the freaking time!

Oh, and the price of honeybaked ham will hopefully decline thanks to lack of demand. Mmmmm... cheap ham!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:45 AM

44 posts, read 75,341 times
If Islam ever becomes the dominant religion here in the US, then it would be the American peoples choice. Im never for mixing religion and state, nor do i see that ever happening here in the US (at least officially. We know how neocons have their hold on decision making in this country). If we wake up tomorrow, and find out that the majority or the population wants the country to be defined as Islamic leaning, i won't agree with it, but i would respect the will of the people.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:28 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,364,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBreaux View Post
I don't mean that literally, but what will happen when Islam is a majority religion, and Christianity is only second in command? The more progessive Christians become the more dominant Muslims seem to be. I would have no concern about a growing Muslim religion in the world if they respected American law and came to live American lives. Instead, many, but not all, are brining with them the traditions from their home countries. With that also comes a firm belief that Islam should be the law of the land, a place where other religions are not respected and kept separate.

Is it right to fear the spread of Islam in America? I believe we need to stand strong and firm in our belief that America, regardless the faults, is a nation of secular law, where no one religion can be the supreme law of the land.
you do realize that at one point in history Muslims held the majority power in the world? If it wasn't for Muslims there would have been no renaissance in Europe, you do know that right? Muslims, Christians and Jews do NOT have to be at each others throats. If you would just take time out to learn history you would see that it is certain governments and their actions in Muslim dominated lands that has caused this tension.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:47 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
The number of muslims in the US is relatively low and they have actually adapted to American life quite well especially when compared to muslims who never quite seem to be accepted in places like France. The greatest population increase is obviously hispanic and their religion is overwhelmingly Catholic. It's not even a reasonable concept that muslims could ever be the majority religion in America.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:18 AM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
All religions evolve. All religions change. There was a time before the worship of the Egyptian panthenon and the world didn't end when that majority religion ended. There was a time before Christianity and Islam. There will be a time after Christianity and Islam.

We are only human. We overinflate our importance to the earth, and indeed to the universe. Religions come and go. IMO, we can never grasp what God actually "is"...how could we? The "crashing fall" of religions and even of political structures and organizations (such as the "fall" of ancient Rome) happen...and life goes on. We're not really so important. We just want to believe we are.

"When" Muslims "rule" the world, it will be as it was once Christianity "ruled" the world. Constant change, some good, a bunch of upheaval, and awful lot of misuse of power to the tune of millions and over many years (i.e. the Inquisition; the European witch trials--Salem was paltry compared to the number killed in Europe; rampant anti-Semitism reaching its horrible climax in the death of millions of Jews in the 1930s-1940s).

But for the most part, day-to-day life, with one "religion" apparently being in the lead. Just like with Christianity.

And one day it will end and--no biggie. Another will take its place with the same results.

Unless, of course, we stop our preschool "I know exactly what God wants...and I'm right...and I'm gonna beat you up if you don't believe me" stuff and just accept that God is way bigger than we know and that NONE of us could possibly be right. Then maybe the "next" religion will be less of a future embarrassment that people try to push under the historical rug, or at the least, relegate to mythology.

Let's face facts. Some here just want to be afraid of Islam--that tie-in has been made by our government many times over despite the fact that terrorism doesn't typically stem from any one mainstream religion for any one region, but by fanaticists, who tend to be a murderous and dangerous bunch no matter which religion they're fanatical about. The prejudice against Islam is so rampant in the west by now that people would be fighting over just not wanting it around--even if it weren't to produce any directly negative or dangerous results. So that in itself would probably be the major problem, perhaps even the instigator of skirmishes and wars--not the religion itself. How silly. And how sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam