Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2012, 03:32 PM

282 posts, read 297,953 times

Advertisements

Hi,, it's been a considerable time before I log in ,anyway this is a tube everyone of us should see and think of it very slowly !

Quran Vs. Lawrence Krauss and "A Universe From Nothing" - YouTube

Old 04-17-2012, 05:09 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
We obviously saw two different videos of the same talk, my version wasn't redacted and heavily edited.

'A Universe From Nothing' by Lawrence Krauss, AAI 2009 - YouTube

Old 04-18-2012, 02:01 PM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,011 times
The atheist are puffed up with pride

Science cannot tell the age of the universe, neither how it was born, nor that it will end or not?

Moreover, they think that they may have reached the ultimate level of science!

I can simulate this like a child in the kindergarten and gives opinion about the university sciences.

It is very ridiculous that men like Dawkins and Lurence speak things and ascribe it to science: how they cheat themselves and others ... those who believe and admire them and clap hands for them.

Last edited by eanassir; 04-18-2012 at 02:18 PM..

Old 04-18-2012, 03:13 PM

180 posts, read 217,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

Science cannot tell the age of the universe, neither how it was born, nor that it will end or not?

I can simulate this like a child in the kindergarten and gives opinion about the university sciences.

It is very ridiculous that men like Dawkins and Lurence speak things and ascribe it to science: how they cheat themselves and others ... those who believe and admire them and clap hands for them.
And Science doesn't claim to know all of the answers. I would say that one of the top reasons on most atheists list for not believing in god, is the fact that supernatural explanations have been replaced with natural ones at a high rate, especially since the the beginning of what is considered "modern science". So why is it that we fill these holes in our understanding with god or the supernatural, when natural explanations have constantly been replacing them? When I see a natural explanation being replaced by a supernatural one, I will reconsider, but I find the extremely unlikely. Why should the origin of the universe have to be explained by something supernatural? It seems even more unlikely that a being, something more complex, existed before the most basic components. So why not ask the question who created god? We then run into the same problem, because with that logic, an even more complex being is needed to create the latter, which would be even more unlikely.

While science doesn't know the exact age of the universe, it does have a good idea of how old it is at the moment. More will be discovered, I completely disagree that we are anywhere close to reaching the ultimate level of science, there is far more to be learned and understood.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Quote:

Quote:

Sorry. EPIC FAILS, and on so many levels! c

1) Not all atheists are scientists. In fat, most everyday atheists are NOT scientists.

Most scientists, however, are atheists, but we are also not PUFFED UP WITH PRIDE ) (PS" What sort of pride, pray tell?)

It seems to be you and your ideas of extreme Islam that are puffed up and exaggerated. Your ideas about advanced Islamic "science", and their imagined place as the originators of all modern science (now THAT's a real laugh! ) are the result of those brainwashing sessions down at the mosque. Because it's for sure not born out by experience, factual evidence or our experience.

As well, your cockeyed statement that science thinks it's reached some ultimate level of knowledge is absurd and telling of your complete lack of scientific literacy.

You say we cannot tell the age of the universe. Perhaps not exactly, but then we have NEVER made such outrageous statements. But logically, when everything observable in the universe is accelerating away from a particular point of origin, and since we can estimate, and with some accuracy, that act of movement, we can then reasonably estimate the starting point and age. Sound reasonable to you?

It should, but then you and I had significantly different training, that''s pretty obvious!

(In fact, a fair number of my fellow engineering, biology, gelogy and genetics colleagues at my Universities were attending from the Middle East, so they could learn "the right way of thinking" and then return to their goat-herding brothers and teach them a thing or two about "How To Think!". A telling situation, wouldn't you agree, eanassir?)

But so now, our logic for determining, for example, the age of this earth by the rate of departing systems and universal entities, is not the only means. We've then predicted and then tested the ages of various meteoric rocks, of the age of our own sun and moon, and of the rocks on this planet we live on. We also have various proven-accurate radioactive decay rate-based aging techniques. There is very little difference in the rates of decay of radioactive elements now and 14B years ago. They have remained rather uniform. Too bad for your selective thinking, huh?

There are other measurables as well, for which our brand of deductive and logic-based science is famous. We Western scientists do not speculate, not do we read the entrails of goats, or consult a book written by an illiterate goatherd who did not even claim to be an omniscient God himself.

So, when we then put all our measured variables together, we can, yep, come to a pretty confident deduction, a conclusion that rests within very conservative limits. Then we then go and check if all that predicts whatever else we'll possibly find.

And guess what? That's what we find. A good and reliable system, this logic and observation based method, huh? The one that Western scientists came up with, not the desert goatherd brand of reading goat entrails while beating one's wife. And in fact, in general we do not provide absolutes, like your brand of hokey & assumptive pseudo-science likes to claim.

As for Dawkins (and who, exactly, is "Lurance"? That one didn't come up in my Google search. Someone you made up? Or was it "Sir T.E. Lawrence" pr'ahps, ewld chep? A Westerner of raw-thur epic abilities, one who taught you desert-dwellers quite a bit about how to think and learn?)... uhmm

Well anyhow... back to Dr. Dawkins... (btw, it's quite astounding just how very much he frightens theists!) What's so terribly wrong with his thinking in your eyes? Care to expound in point-form detail and stun us with your literacy in the fields of genetics, religion and evolution?

I can hardly wait. But... give me just a minute, OK??... I have to go get something first!

OK. Now you can start!

So.. how's your brand of goat-entail reading science workin' for yah, eanassir?

(Hee hee.... and you call us arrogant and ill-informed? Hmmm....)

Old 04-20-2012, 09:06 AM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Nearly every post contributed to the hijacking of this thread and in no way addressed the OP or the video.

Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam