Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 03:18 AM

25 posts, read 31,150 times

Advertisements

Peace to all brothers and sisters,

I am a 22 years old Muslim and I want to share some facts about The Holy Quran, so , it is necessary for you to be open-minded and open-hearted because if I turn the glass upside down and poured water on it, I would never get a glass of water.

CREATION OF THE UNIVERSE:

‘THE BIG BANG’

The creation of the universe is explained byastrophysicists as a widely accepted phenomenon, popularly known as ‘The Big Bang’. It is supported by observational and experimental data gathered by astronomers and astrophysicists for decades.

According to ‘The Big Bang’, the whole universe was initially one big mass (Primary Nebula). Then there was a ‘Big Bang’ (Secondary Separation) which resulted in the formation of Galaxies. These then divided to form stars, planets, the sun, the moon, etc. The origin of the universe was unique and the probability of it happening by ‘chance’ is nil. The Qur’an contains the following verse regarding the origin of the universe:

“Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of Creation), before We clove them asunder?” [Al-Qu’ran 21:30]

The striking similarity between the Qur’anic verse and ‘The Big Bang’ is inescapable! How could a book, which first appeared in the deserts of Arabia 1400 years ago, contain this profound scientific truth?

Well I believe its the words of the one who created 100 Billions Galaxies.

Deuteronomy 18:21:22

"You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?”

" If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him."

“If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.” (Deuteronomy, 18:19).

Now its your job to find out the truth. My job is to deliver the message.

"And our duty is only to proclaim the clear Message." [036:017]

Last edited by truth_only; 10-06-2007 at 03:20 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 10-06-2007, 04:36 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,648,977 times
I've only just woken up so I'm not really up for any particularly deep brain activity yet but it's certainly very interesting and has definately made me wonder.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:45 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
I respect your choice of religion but other religions have claims that they could also use to show the validity of their teachings. In other words they are not convincing enough for me to join any of them.

I will say one thing, whoever first made that statement was wise in that area.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:39 AM

Quote:
I've only just woken up so I'm not really up for any particularly deep brain activity yet but it's certainly very interesting and has definately made me wonder.
Then just do one thing pray to your lord and ask him to guide you to the straight path. Ameen

Brother boycew02 this is my advise.

Quote:
I respect your choice of religion but other religions have claims that they could also use to show the validity of their teachings. In other words they are not convincing enough for me to join any of them.
Yes, not convincing for anybody except thier selves, because they don't have anything influencial or true.

Quote:
I will say one thing, whoever first made that statement was wise in that area.
I think 14 centuries ago no body was that wise to predict something about creation which is discovered recently by modern science and technology.

I think the wise was not any one but the creator himself.

Old 10-06-2007, 05:40 AM

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

"Verily in that ( Quran ) are Signs for those who are wise.” [Al-Qur’an 30:24]

Old 10-06-2007, 05:58 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
Quote:
Then just do one thing pray to your lord and ask him to guide you to the straight path. Ameen
I have heard this before. I prayed to God once, and he led me to the Jehovah's Witnesses. Boy did he lead me wrong. But then if one believed in karma, one could say that I had lessons to learn there, and I learned them well. I looked for God in Hinduism and prayed to God again. Another big mistake.

What I am saying is, do not expect to be led to the right path just because you prayed and believed.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:00 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
I have heard this before. I prayed to God once, and he led me to the Jehovah's Witnesses. Boy did he lead me wrong. But then if one believed in karma, one could say that I had lessons to learn there, and I learned them well. I looked for God in Hinduism and prayed to God again. Another big mistake.

What I am saying is, do not expect to be led to the right path just because you prayed and believed.
sometimes we are guided wrong so we may see the truth.

I am sure it didn't take you long to discover the error of your path and readjust it.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:53 AM

7,541 posts, read 17,230,694 times
What does cleaving the Heavens (whatever they may be) and the earth asunder (whatever that may mean) have to do with a theory that attempts to explain how the origination of the Universe was kickstarted?

Don't get me wrong, I don't really like any of the other religions' explanations, either, but the two claims don't really seem to fit together.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:59 AM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times
So, I'm still waiting for the science part to kick in. This doesn't explain anything to me anymore than an alliteration in the bible. God created the earth in 6 days (or so Christians believe) and did you know that if I count 36 stars in the sky, and divide that number by the total amount of days it took god to create everything that I'd have that VERY number!!! Look, I can do this all day long. I can pick random numbers and I can make them seem very significant if I want to. I can pick verses and read them for what they really are or turn them into something significant.

"Cry havoc!Let loose the dogs of war". - Shakespeare, Julius Ceasar

You see what Shakespeare is talking about is not actually talking about Antony realizing the error of killing Ceasar.

Oh no, I'm gonna twist this around to suit me. You see, what Shakespeare was actually talking about is the creation of religion. Upon the creation of religion letting loose the dogs of war was a metaphor, of kind, in saying that once religion spreads it will be like dogs of war. Do you see how easy it is to take any sentence from any given writing and turn it into something that benefits you? I can probably go through Shakespeare and do this a thousand times. Picking one sentence out of a book does nothing to prove anything.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Sister Jessaka, if God Almighty really exist and we believe him, then we should never lose hope. The religion you are following might not be true and can not bring peace to your heart, therefore keep praying to God Almighty for guidance, but with an open heart and much more hope.

Quote:
As brother dncngrl1964 said: Sometimes we are guided wrong and we just don't understand it.

Quote:
What does cleaving the Heavens (whatever they may be) and the earth asunder (whatever that may mean) have to do with a theory that attempts to explain how the origination of the Universe was kickstarted?
That clearly explains The Big Bang Theory if you look at it a bit closer.

“Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens and the earth were joined together (as one unit of Creation), before We ripped them apart?”

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I don't really like any of the other religions' explanations, either, but the two claims don't really seem to fit together.
Brother jabogitlu, you can read this article written by Dr.Maurice Bucaille about The Quran and Science.

The Quran and Modern Science by Dr. Maurice Bucaille Edited by Dr. Bilal Philips

Quote:
So, I'm still waiting for the science part to kick in. This doesn't explain anything to me anymore than an alliteration in the bible.
But this is a verse from The Holy Quran.

Quote:
"Cry havoc!Let loose the dogs of war". - Shakespeare, Julius Ceasar
Please visit this site and then you decide if its a coincidence or not.

Miracles of the Qur'an - Modern Science Reveals New Miracles of the Qur'an
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam