Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:03 AM

762 posts, read 1,212,102 times

Advertisements

May I ask, how do you as a Muslim see your way to salvation? Can good deeds alone be enough?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 05:37 AM

2,731 posts, read 2,633,810 times
The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"If anyone testifies that

None has the right to be worshipped but Allah Alone Who has no partners,
and that Muhammad is His Slave and His Apostle,
and that Jesus is Allah's Slave and His Apostle and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit created by Him,
and that Paradise is true, and Hell is true,

Allah will admit him into Paradise with the deeds which he had done even if those deeds were few."

(Junada, the sub-narrator said, " 'Ubada added,
'Such a person can enter Paradise through any of its eight gates he likes.")

None amongst you would attain salvation purely because of his deeds.
A person said:
Allah's messenger, even you also.
Thereupon he said: Yes. Not even I, but that Allah wraps me in mercy,
but you should act with moderation

Old 10-17-2012, 06:28 AM

Your answer is agian just quotes from the Quran, which is what your Prophet Muhammed pbuh has ordained as truth.

I ask if you as a muslim feel that salvation through good deeds alone is enough to atone for sins comitted. Keep in mind it is mans nature to sin, and it is not possible for anyone to be free from sin. Except Jesus Christ who we know was sinless.

Can there ever be enough prayers and good deeds to ensure salvation. Mankind at its best falls short of the glory of God by a long mile. all the good deeds and prayers would still not bring you to Gods glory.

Thats why I believe God gave us a way to attain communion with him through Jesus.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:07 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,009,327 times
No amount of good deeds will get us into heaven. we can not earn our way in. But, we do not need to do anything other then Repent and ask Allaah(swt) for forgiveness. He is all powerful and need only to forgive and we are forgiven. We have Faith and trust in the Mercy of Allaah(swt)

Old 10-17-2012, 12:51 PM

2,731 posts, read 2,633,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefol View Post
Your answer is agian just quotes from the Quran, which is what your Prophet Muhammed pbuh has ordained as truth..
The main sources of Islam are two

1- the Quran (the saying of Allah)
2- the Hadith (the saying of the prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) )

and that passage was from the Hadith and not from the Quran.

Quote:
I ask if you as a muslim feel that salvation through good deeds alone is enough to atone for sins comitted. .
I feel the salvation is as i understood it from the Quran and the Hadith is by believing that Allah is the only god and Mohammed is his messenger and Moses and Jesus and all the true Prophets and messengers and not to associate any one with Allah and by asking Allah forgiveness and by performing the daily and weekly and yearly obligations and by not attack others or cheat or steal etc..

Quote:
Keep in mind it is mans nature to sin, and it is not possible for anyone to be free from sin. Except Jesus Christ who we know was
Every son of Adam is a sinner and the best of sinners are those who repent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;
Can there ever be enough prayers and good deeds to ensure salvation. .
the main key for salvation is to say and to confim it by heart

"I bear witness that there is no deity worthy to be worshipped but Allah,
and I bear witness the Muhammad is His servant and messenger.''

Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 PM

and that passage was from the Hadith and not from the Quran. Sorry my mistake.

I have to disagree with your main key to salvation. Obviously as Christ told us differently.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
and that passage was from the Hadith and not from the Quran. Sorry my mistake.

I have to disagree with your main key to salvation. Obviously as Christ told us differently.
Are you certain? I have never found where Jesus(as) ever said He could forgive sins.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Are you certain? I have never found where Jesus(as) ever said He could forgive sins.
Mark 2:1-12

Jesus Heals a Paralytic

2 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even at the door. And he was preaching the word to them. 3 And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. 4 And when they could not get near him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him, and when they had made an opening, they let down the bed on which the paralytic lay. 5 And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” 6 Now some of the scribes were sitting there, questioning in their hearts, 7 “Why does this man speak like that? He is blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?” 8 And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they thus questioned within themselves, said to them, “Why do you question these things in your hearts? 9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise, take up your bed and walk’? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he said to the paralytic— 11 “I say to you, rise, pick up your bed, and go home.” 12 And he rose and immediately picked up his bed and went out before them all, so that they were all amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”

John 14:6

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Mark 2:1-12

Jesus Heals a Paralytic

2 And when he returned to Capernaum after some days, it was reported that he was at home. 2 And many were gathered together, so that there was no more room, not even at the door. And he was preaching the word to them. 3 And they came, bringing to him a paralytic carried by four men. 4 And when they could not get near him because of the crowd, they removed the roof above him, and when they had made an opening, they let down the bed on which the paralytic lay. 5 And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, “Son, your sins are forgiven.” 6 Now some of the scribes were sitting there, questioning in their hearts, 7 “Why does this man speak like that? He is blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?” 8 And immediately Jesus, perceiving in his spirit that they thus questioned within themselves, said to them, “Why do you question these things in your hearts? 9 Which is easier, to say to the paralytic, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise, take up your bed and walk’? 10 But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he said to the paralytic— 11 “I say to you, rise, pick up your bed, and go home.” 12 And he rose and immediately picked up his bed and went out before them all, so that they were all amazed and glorified God, saying, “We never saw anything like this!”

John 14:6

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Now where is Jesus(as) saying he was the one who removed the man's sins. It was their Faith in God(swt) that did.

Every Prophet is the Way and the truth. It is through them we reach God(swt) We can not reach God(swt) without the Prophets and ever people was sent Prophets. Muhammad(swt) is the last Prophet and the qur'an is the only Sacred text still in it's original form. the only one that it can be verified contains The exact words of a Prophet as they were revealed by God(SWT)

Old 10-18-2012, 03:26 PM

Really? " Son, your sins are forgiven" ..that sounds like Christ is forgiving sins by the grace of God. To make such a claim Christ would have known to be blasphemous, but he made it anyway. Unless he had the power of God to act so, he would not have done so.

If the Jews had not believed that his claims, although maybe not through words spoken directly, but they were no doubt that Christ claimed divinity with God. Why else did they crucify him. I know you will come back with...but they didn't it was someone else...but the fact that he was tried at all and sentenced to die, is proof needed that they thought they had reason enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam