Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2012, 04:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,315 times

Advertisements

Introduction

While many verses in the Bible exaggerate in praising Prophet Jesus (pbuh) and elevate him into divinity, many other verses accuse him of what is not suitable for him. [font=Arial]In contrast, in the entire Quran, there is not a single Verse that attributes any inappropriate behavior to Prophet Jesus (pbuh). The Quran honors Prophet Jesus (pbuh) and mentions him in a lot of praise to the extent that Muslims’ eyes stream with tears when they recite the verses of the Quran which talk about him. Whenever Muslims mention the name of Prophet Jesus, they say ‘peace be upon him’ (pbuh). Muslims love Prophet Jesus (pbuh) to the degree that they name their children after him and his mother Mary.

(1) The Genealogy of Prophet Jesus (pbuh)

What the Bible Says

A record of the genealogy of Jesus Christ the son of David … (Matthew 1:1)

… He (Jesus) was the son, so it was thought, of Joseph, the son of Heli (Luke 3:23)

Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David … (2 Timothy 2:8)

What the Quran Says

She (Mary) said: “O my Lord! How shall I have a son when no man has touched me.” He said: “So (it will be,) for Allah creates what He wills. When He has decreed something, He says to it only: “BE!” and it is.” And He will teach him the Book and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel. And will make him a Messenger unto the Children of Israel (saying): “I have come to you with a sign from your Lord, that I make for you out of clay the likeness of a bird, and I breathe into it and it becomes a bird by Allah's leave; and I heal him who was born blind, and the leper, and I bring the dead to life by Allah's leave. And I inform you of what you eat and what you store in your houses. Surely, therein is a sign for you, if you believe. (Quran, 3:47-49)

Commentary

Although some verses in the Bible say that Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was miraculously conceived from the Holy Spirit, many other verses say that Prophet Jesus (pbuh) is the son of Joseph and that he descended from Prophet David (pbuh) the descendant of Perez who was born of Incest committed by Judah and his daughter-in-law Tamar.
The Quran confirms that Prophet Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously without any male intervention. Prophet Jesus (pbuh) has no genealogy. He is neither the son of Joseph nor the son of David; he is the son of Mary.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 09-26-2012 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: Removed the Scripting codes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 04:42 PM

762 posts, read 1,216,867 times
Hanadi, you have some of your facts wrong here.

Mary was a direct descendant of King David which gave Jesus the right to ascend the Jewish throne, both through Mary and through adoption by his foster father. As it is, however, the two genealogies show that both parents were descendants of David—Joseph through Solomon so inheriting the legal right to the throne of David, and Mary through Nathan, her line thus carrying the seed of David.

Although Jesus was clearly legally related to both parents (to Mary, by being born from her, and to Joseph by legal adoption), he was not genetically related to them or to his brothers and sister.

For thousands of years, every human child has been born with an inherited sin nature and sinful flesh. This is a result of our sinful first parents, Adam and Eve to whom we are all genetically related. Each generation (without exception) has sinned and passed on its sinful nature and the curse of death, to each succeeding generation (according to the biblical doctrine of imputation of sin - Romans 5:12-19). There is only one exception in history. Although Jesus grew in the womb of Mary, in the same manner as any baby, he was different from all other babies. It appears that he was not genetically related to either Mary or Joseph, for both had an inherited sin nature. Jesus was sinless, and one may reasonably assume without genetic flaw, since he was to serve as the spotless and sacrificial Lamb of God.

To imply incest is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam