Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 07:19 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,065,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post

...................SNIP........................... .................................................. ..

Of the Abrahamic religions,I think Christianity is by far the most harmless, but fanaticism to any of them can be dangerous.
Tell that to my Wife's Ancestors. Tell that to my Wife who Good Christians stole from the Northern Cheyenne Reservation so she could be raised as a good Christian. away from the "Heathen" influence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2014, 07:26 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,427,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Tell that to my Wife's Ancestors. Tell that to my Wife who Good Christians stole from the Northern Cheyenne Reservation so she could be raised as a good Christian. away from the "Heathen" influence.
You seem to be confusing the Christian religion with the people who are supposed members.

As I pointed out many times, My concerns are with the written text,

The written text does not say to kill Indians, or conquer countries.

In Islam, the written text does.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
You seem to be confusing the Christian religion with the people who are supposed members.

As I pointed out many times, My concerns are with the written text,

The written text does not say to kill Indians, or conquer countries.

In Islam, the written text does.
You and are are definitely understanding the Qur'an and Ahadith differently.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:34 AM

Quote:
You and are are definitely understanding the Qur'an and Ahadith differently.
I understand it, the same way as anyone who reads it, without pre drawn conclusions.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:35 AM

Do I have to post verses again, that order the killing of non-believers.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Do I have to post verses again, that order the killing of non-believers.
Every one seems to be single lines, non-Muslims take as being commands for us to kill non-Believers. They are single lines from a much broader lesson.

Typically what is being quoted are from Surah's 2, 5 and 9 relating specific events that occurred and are not commands, but the telling of what took place.

It is sort of like reading American Civil War battle stories and coming to the conclusion that Northerners are commanded to Kill Southerners.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:06 AM

That is not correct, these are open-ended commands, unlike Christianity for example where they are statements of the times.

In Islam they are for all time, yes, tomorrow.

And the world events show this.

Old 09-21-2014, 09:04 AM

Quote:
That is not correct, these are open-ended commands, unlike Christianity for example where they are statements of the times.

In Islam they are for all time, yes, tomorrow.

And the world events show this.
Yes world events show it. but to get the whole picture one needs to look at all world events and from multiple views.

The big news is always the atrocities typically ignored are things like these

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

HERE

Old 09-21-2014, 04:01 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,786,735 times
Quote:
the exact same things happen as any religion begins growing in a Nation.

You can look back and see what happened as Christianity moved into regions.

I suspect something very similar will happen as Atheism increases. Today Atheism is about 0.7% in the USA almost identical with the Muslim population.

It is becoming very noticible atheism is becoming more defensive, more militant and more demanding of laws that favor Atheism
You claim, the same thing happens as any religion begins growing in a Nation? You are claiming that Muslims destroying the infidels, advocating the massacre of non-Muslims, beheading non-Muslims is just religion as usual? Where are the Christian terrorists?

I'm assuming you are trying to compare the Crusades of the 11th century, where the pope was blessing the massacres of non-Christian cultures, such as in Constantinople. If so, is it really fair to compare what is happening in the 21st century to what happened in the 11th century? Isn't it reasonable to assume people should be much more civilized and advanced in this day and age, especially since the Enlightenment and the Scientific Revolution have long past over a thousand years ago. Or do we give the Muslims a pass for the sake of diversity and political correctness?

Atheists are only concerned with maintaining freedom from religion, they do not rally for any kind of violence, or inspire massacring people. Furthermore, atheists do not advocate oppressing anyone. The belief is, is that religion should be a private matter.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
You claim, the same thing happens as any religion begins growing in a Nation? You are claiming that Muslims destroying the infidels, advocating the massacre of non-Muslims, beheading non-Muslims is just religion as usual? Where are the Christian terrorists?

I'm assuming you are trying to compare the Crusades of the 11th century, where the pope was blessing the massacres of non-Christian cultures, such as in Constantinople. If so, is it really fair to compare what is happening in the 21st century to what happened in the 11th century? Isn't it reasonable to assume people should be much more civilized and advanced in this day and age, especially since the Enlightenment and the Scientific Revolution have long past over a thousand years ago. Or do we give the Muslims a pass for the sake of diversity and political correctness?

Atheists are only concerned with maintaining freedom from religion, they do not rally for any kind of violence, or inspire massacring people. Furthermore, atheists do not advocate oppressing anyone. The belief is, is that religion should be a private matter.
Any minority group Be it Religious, Secular, Racial. Political etc as it begins to expand is going to be viewed very much like the OP's "Statistics"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam