Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2014, 07:17 AM

1,727 posts, read 1,428,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsiam View Post
This is a good example of Shirk(Division) =many Gods. It is the opposite of Tawheed (Unity). Those who argue that "my God is better than your God" have fallen into shirk by positing 2 Gods, "mine" and "yours". Tahweed(Unity) means there is ONLY ONE GOD....which means there cannot be concepts such as "my God" and "your God".

The whole Universe/Creation is "muslim" because the universe follows/submits to God's laws/God's will (natural laws are Gods laws)

No, Monothiesm represents a small percentage of the world religions.
And no, the whole universe is far from muslim.

As of today there are over 3000 Gods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 09:34 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
No, Monothiesm represents a small percentage of the world religions.
And no, the whole universe is far from muslim.

As of today there are over 3000 Gods.

There are approx 7 Billion people on earth today.

2.1 Billion are Christian
1.7 Billion are Muslim

Both Monotheistic religions. 3.8 Billion people over 1/2 of the people on Earth are Monotheistic. While it is true there are thousands of religions on earth the majority belong to one of 2 religions. A very small percentage of the number of religions, but which contain over 1/2 the Human population. Actually much higher if one counts the nearly 1 Billion Hindus as Monotheistic.

As to if the Hindus are Monotheistic is a separate topic so for sake of my reply I am not including them as such.

Old 10-28-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
There are approx 7 Billion people on earth today.

2.1 Billion are Christian
1.7 Billion are Muslim

Both Monotheistic religions. 3.8 Billion people over 1/2 of the people on Earth are Monotheistic. While it is true there are thousands of religions on earth the majority belong to one of 2 religions. A very small percentage of the number of religions, but which contain over 1/2 the Human population. Actually much higher if one counts the nearly 1 Billion Hindus as Monotheistic.

As to if the Hindus are Monotheistic is a separate topic so for sake of my reply I am not including them as such.
And the reason for the muslim and Christian populations being so high, is military conquest, not the religions themselves.

When countries conquer others, the three main things they bring with, are their architecture, their language, and their religion.

If America was conquered by the Norse, most would be worshiping Thor.

Old 10-28-2014, 07:41 PM

116 posts, read 87,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
And the reason for the muslim and Christian populations being so high, is military conquest, not the religions themselves.
...so you are saying...if someone forced you into a belief you did not agree with---you would readily comply?

Old 10-28-2014, 07:45 PM

116 posts, read 87,851 times
Hindus---I agree, it is a diverse religion......after all, tritheistic Christians are considered "monotheistic"...so why not the Hindus?......

Old 10-28-2014, 07:58 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Hindus---I agree, it is a diverse religion......after all, tritheistic Christians are considered "monotheistic"...so why not the Hindus?......
It is difficult to see any difference between the Trimurdi and the Trinity. I agree that if Christians are considered Monotheistic, so should Hindus.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
...so you are saying...if someone forced you into a belief you did not agree with---you would readily comply?
Depending on the conditions, if I was threatened with death, probably.

But you are taking it out of it's context.

These people are born with the religion, they know nothing else, al of their friends are in the religion, their family is in the religion.

Historically Jews and christens converted, just to avoid the Jizya.

if they leave the religion they can be killed.

There is no allowance for other religions to be introduced.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:08 PM

Quote:
And that is not what I am saying, that is what you are saying.

Old 10-28-2014, 08:10 PM

Good examples are here in America, were the muslim slaves were converted to Christianity, as where the Indians.
S, America is another example where the people speak Spanish and are mostly Catholic.

After a generation or two, that is all they know.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:31 AM

154 posts, read 454,490 times
Quote:
This is a good example of Shirk(Division) =many Gods. It is the opposite of Tawheed (Unity). Those who argue that "my God is better than your God" have fallen into shirk by positing 2 Gods, "mine" and "yours". Tahweed(Unity) means there is ONLY ONE GOD....which means there cannot be concepts such as "my God" and "your God".

The whole Universe/Creation is "muslim" because the universe follows/submits to God's laws/God's will (natural laws are Gods laws)

The holy bible teaches us that there is only one true God. Never the less it mentions other gods..False gods

You shall have no other gods before me.

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

You shall not make for yourself a graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them or serve them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and the fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.

The first commandment mentions gods other than the only true God. Some people worship the sun or the moon as if they are gods. Others worship animal as gods. As far as I know people used to sculpture figures of whatever and worship them as gods and others openly worship satan. But worshiping them is in vein, because

“ With that, Peter, full of the Holy Spirit, let loose: “Rulers and leaders of the people, if we have been brought to trial today for helping a sick man, put under investigation regarding this healing, I’ll be completely frank with you—we have nothing to hide. By the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the One you killed on a cross, the One God raised from the dead, by means of his name this man stands before you healthy and whole. Jesus is ‘the stone you masons threw out, which is now the cornerstone.’ Salvation comes no other way; no other name has been or will be given to us by which we can be saved, only this one.”

Anyone that worships a god, other than the God who inspire its prophets to write the holy bible,” Jehovah”(YHWH) worships satan. There is only one true God everything else is a false god because there is no hope of life in them. Never worship any other god, because the LORD is a God who does not tolerate rivals. In fact, he is known for not tolerating rivals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam