Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 06:23 AM

131 posts, read 575,725 times

Advertisements

ShanaBrown,
Did you catch the part about "Getting herself raped"? It is her fault and therefore a lewd act. Buy and read the Koran. It has everything you need to know.

Qur'an 4:15
"If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; if they testify, confine them to houses until death claims them."

Old 01-20-2008, 07:25 AM

436 posts, read 803,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
This may be of on a tangent but; Why aren't womens rights groups in ths USA more Vocal in support of womens rights in the Islamic countries? Why isn't Hillary "C" up there hollering for freedom for those poor women getting the heck beat out of them or killed for no reason???
This may sound cruel ro uncaring to some- BUT how other countries operate within the bounds of their religion/beliefs should be left alone by the people of America. Women's rights in Islam are far different, but they are THEIR beliefs. Perhaps, if we kept out of this, we would be better off. JMHO

Old 01-20-2008, 07:37 AM

436 posts, read 803,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma12006 View Post
dear all friends first one , i would like to thank all who note about Islam and i want to tell them to hear this:1-Islam means for us belive in gud 'allah" and we live in happy life when worship allah and belive in all massangers from adem . noah,ibraham.ishac,jucop,ismail,mussa,juess and mohmmed pace be ubon all of them.2-islam learn us by quran to deal will jews and crastian who not war us by good way and for that all of our relajons men (oulama) said after attack on USA the attack not rihgt and the peoples who did that had wrog meaing for quran becuse our islamic laws say' war who war you and be fair with who not war you. and in the war do not kill women or child or old man.may be you will not belive me but you can ask about this story (after our massanger die , 2 nd leader came called Omer bin al kattab when islam reached to egypt and the leader of egypt made match to top houres , the leader son said my houre will won and egyption citzin'crastian' said my houres will won and after that when the houre for craistin man won , the son leader give him slap on his face after that this crastian travled to Maddanh ' now city in saudia arabia and compain that man to Omer BIN al kattab after that said to crastain stay here and sent letter to eygpt leader said to him when we recived my letter come to me and you son then when that leader came with his son said oumer to crastian come here and slap the leader son and when he finshed from the son say to him slap his father, because if his father not leader , he can not slap you and the fair crastian said no , i slape who slap me, after that omer said to eygpt leader

Like some others, I have a difficult time trying to understand what is being said in your writings. I am not yet certain whether you write this was normally, or purposely.

However, I too find Islamic beliefs to be at odds with those of nay other religion. The hatred is there, and I find little peace being practiced, at least by those in the middle eastern countries. I also find a number within the U.S. using their Islamic faith to bolster new laws and rules for them, seeming in adversity to current practices. I realize that a lot of Muslims are present in this country, and a lot do practice their beliefs peacefully, at least openly. What I do not understand is the aspect that, if this a peaceful religion, why do they leaders here not speak out against the killers?

As for the 9/11 incident. I am sorry, but i have no recollection of anyone is high places of Islam never denouncing the incident. Rather a controversy was raised concerning the fact that we had named Muslims as the perpetrators. Sorry, not buying into this "religion."

Old 01-20-2008, 07:53 AM

131 posts, read 575,725 times
eddiek,
Do a search on Omar Ahmad. He is the co/founder of CAIR. I found one of his quotes and if you search I'm sure you too can find it. "Islam isn't in America to be equeal to any other faith, but to be dominant. The koran should be the highest authority in America and Islam the only accepted religion on earth."

You tube is a great source for hearing what they have to say 'in their own words'. When someone says what they want to do, I have a tendency to believe them.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:01 AM

110 posts, read 57,861 times
If your defenses are true? Why does teh Muslim religion you speak of not rise up against the transgresors within your religion tht are committing agregious sins against your religion and all people and defend those the renegades are committing sins against. It is unusual to the extreme to see a muslim that speaks out against these terrorists. Terrorist is actually a kind word they are actuallly just sublife thugs.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:31 AM

34,254 posts, read 20,456,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
I think its dangerous to assume that all muslims are the same. I'm the farthest from being an expert on that religion but I'll give you an example..

Explain this..

Andrea Yates (a christian).. mother of 5 kills her children because they weren't righteous. Do all Christians do this?

Of course they don't.. just like all muslim fathers don't kill their daughters for dating non muslim boys.

In each religion there will be hard liners who interpret things their own way..
No, all christians don't do this, but don't give them any ideas!

The problem with islam is the same as the problem with any belief. It is being practiced by human beings who are fallible. There is a headline which says:

Shiite holiday marred by violence - Conflict in Iraq - MSNBC.com

If the split within Islam is any indication, than we humans are still on the steep end of the learning curve.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 AM

14,655 posts, read 17,001,478 times
Quote:
ShanaBrown,
Did you catch the part about "Getting herself raped"? It is her fault and therefore a lewd act. Buy and read the Koran. It has everything you need to know.

Qur'an 4:15
"If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four witnesses from amongst you against them; if they testify, confine them to houses until death claims them."
Hi Lake lady, I have read some quotes from the Koran which are similar. Thanks and God bless.

Old 01-20-2008, 11:09 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,623,277 times
Default No Islam Experts to be Found

Since the forum went silent as expected on very serious questions about documented instructional text of hate and violence in the Quran, I have to assume that the Muslims who are explaining Islam know very little.

or

...if you ignore certain sections of your book, they don't really exist. It's kind of like the tree and the sound question.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:34 PM

54 posts, read 332,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm still a bit unclear on the origin and difference between Shi'ite and Sunni Muslims. Could you please explain that? And are there further divisions (what Protestant Christians might call "denominations") within Sunni and Shi'a?
The split came after the death of the Prophet Mohammed. Sunnis believe that Ali, the cousin of the Prophet and the husband of Mohammed's daughter Fatima, was the fourth and last of the caliphs (successors of Mohammed), the first three being Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman.

Shias, however, believe that Ali should have been the first caliph and that the caliphate should be passed down only to direct descendants of Prophet Mohammed through Ali and Fatima.

After Uthman, Ali succeeded as caliph. He was opposed by Aisha, the Prophet's wife and the daughter of Abu Bakr. Ali's forces defeated Aisha's but he was still opposed by Mu'awiyya Ummayad, Uthman's cousin and the governor of Damascus. After Ali's death, the caliphate went to Mu'awiyya instead of Ali's sons, Hassan and Hussein.

as regards the current fighting between the two, as far as I understand Iraq used to be ruled by a suni government, and after US invasion a shia government is in power, hence the disputes. however, it can also be part of the strategy of: "divide and you shall prevail".

the skies wept blood whene yazeed kill imam hussain
On the movement of Imam Hussain peace be upon him

Old 01-20-2008, 02:44 PM

54 posts, read 332,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
Who is the God of Islam? I mean who is Allah? Is Allah a direct translation for GOD? If Islamic men get virgins in the after life what do the women get? And why would a man need so many virgins?
not all maried 4 woman may be one verenough
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam