Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2010, 02:43 PM

397 posts, read 608,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I seriously doubt that..

What is more likely, that an all powerful god, told muhammad to tell us what to do, or that he lied.
and btw you just thinking muhammad lied doesnt prove he lied. this isnt like evolution, you have to back up your claims...

Old 06-11-2010, 03:46 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Ignoring the blatant plagiarism, how does this make sense?

The Muslim creation story..

Long ago when there was nothing, Allah (god) created everything, the universe, the world, and our planet Earth. Allah the Almighty snapped his fingers and said, “Be” that was how the world was created.

Later, Allah (S.W) created man with dust and clay and then named him Adam (A.S); Allah had given Adam all the knowledge that Allah had known and placed him in the heavens. Adam (A.S) later on started to become lonely and then Allah thought, “let me make a partner, friend for Adam (A.S). So Allah (god) took Adam (A.S) left rib and then created Hawa (A.S) [Eve] and then told them what ever you do not eat from a certain tree.

Islamic Creation Story | Relijournal

I would sure like to know what questions you asked that you got sensible answers to. I too asked many questions in my time as a Christian, and did not get any sensible answers....Not even one. Most of the time my questions were brushed off with "God works in mysterious ways" Can you share some of the questions you asked, and the answers you received please?

Old 06-11-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Ignoring the blatant plagiarism, how does this make sense?

The Muslim creation story..

Long ago when there was nothing, Allah (god) created everything, the universe, the world, and our planet Earth. Allah the Almighty snapped his fingers and said, “Be” that was how the world was created.

Later, Allah (S.W) created man with dust and clay and then named him Adam (A.S); Allah had given Adam all the knowledge that Allah had known and placed him in the heavens. Adam (A.S) later on started to become lonely and then Allah thought, “let me make a partner, friend for Adam (A.S). So Allah (god) took Adam (A.S) left rib and then created Hawa (A.S) [Eve] and then told them what ever you do not eat from a certain tree.

Islamic Creation Story | Relijournal

I would sure like to know what questions you asked that you got sensible answers to. I too asked many questions in my time as a Christian, and did not get any sensible answers....Not even one. Most of the time my questions were brushed off with "God works in mysterious ways" Can you share some of the questions you asked, and the answers you received please?
Humdallah, if you have the time to discuss any questions you have iil do my best to try and answer them. i too was a christian before i convertex to islam. i had compared christianity and islam because we all know islam still believes in jesus and moses, and essentially the bible before it got tampered with and changed.

but like you asked, what questions did i ask? far too many, even as a muslim i still have questions about allah, the prophet, his followers, etc. and humdallah everything was written down to be answered not by some priest, o pastor, but by the prophet himself.

i asked many questions though. far too many to even type. my hands would fall off. so id like to ask you what questions you had about islam.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:59 PM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
I didn't ask you to list all of your questions. Just give me two or three examples so I can compare with what I asked, and the answers I got. By the way, I am no longer a Christian, as you probably know.

Old 06-11-2010, 07:03 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrill View Post
okay gplex. we all know you dont believe in god or muhammad. its clear, you can stop now. we all get the point that you know more about me and everyone else and thier religion more than they do
Strawman.

Quote:
and btw you just thinking muhammad lied doesnt prove he lied. this isnt like evolution, you have to back up your claims...
Your ignorance of the theory of evolution continues shine through.

Quote:

You didn't answer the question..

Quote:
I seriously doubt that..
Quote:

What is more likely, that an all powerful god, told muhammad to tell us what to do, or that he lied.

Why would an all powerful being, want to pass on its message through an illiterate warlord, who marries children?

Just like everyone else through out history, they are either delusional, or lying.. You accept this with everyone, except for muhammad.. So basically you are saying :

Muhammad is right, because he said he is right.

Old 06-12-2010, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I didn't ask you to list all of your questions. Just give me two or three examples so I can compare with what I asked, and the answers I got. By the way, I am no longer a Christian, as you probably know.
well i asked why is it that i do believe there is a god but im unsure of his existence, i know there is a higher being but i just dont know what it is, the answer i got was from a hadith, one of my favorites...

[SIZE=3]007:172[/SIZE] [SIZE=3]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]And (remember) when your Lord brought forth from the Children of Adam, from their loins, their seed (or from Adam's loin his offspring) and made them testify as to themselves (saying): "Am I not your Lord?" They said: "Yes! We testify," lest you should say on the Day of Resurrection: "Verily, we have been unaware of this."[/SIZE]

this is saying that before we all came into existence Allah made our souls testify that he does exist and that he is our lord. so on the day of judgment no one can say "i was unaware of your existence"...

i told them about my dad and how when i talked to him and told him about the quran he told me that he was born a catholic his dad was a catholic and hes going to die a catholic and i should too, so then they told me about verse 2:170 in the quran

When it is said to them: "Follow what Allâh has sent down." They say: "Nay! We shall follow what we found our fathers following." (Would they do that!) Even though their fathers did not understand anything nor were they guided?

meaning that no matter what you tell some people, it has already been written that people will ignore the proofs and evidences shown to them through the quran and they will practice what their fathers practiced. and you cant change them....

i mean these are just a couple of questions and idk if they helped but these are questions i personally had

Old 05-25-2020, 01:33 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Moderator cut: Quoted post & first remark have been removed.

[Qur'an 5.116] And when God will say: O Jesus son of Mary! Did you say to people, "Take me and my mother for two gods besides God", he will say: "Glory be to Thee, it did not befit me that I should say what I had no right to (say); if I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it; Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I do not know what is in Thy mind, surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen things".
وَإِذْ قَالَ اللَّهُ يَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ أَأَنْتَ قُلْتَ لِلنَّاسِ اتَّخِذُونِي وَأُمِّيَ إِلَٰهَيْنِ مِنْ دُونِ اللَّهِ ۖ قَالَ سُبْحَانَكَ مَا يَكُونُ لِي أَنْ أَقُولَ مَا لَيْسَ لِي بِحَقٍّ ۚ إِنْ كُنْتُ قُلْتُهُ فَقَدْ عَلِمْتَهُ ۚ تَعْلَمُ مَا فِي نَفْسِي وَلَا أَعْلَمُ مَا فِي نَفْسِكَ ۚ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ عَلَّامُ الْغُيُوبِ

Not even once did Jesus say that he is deity (God).

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-25-2020 at 07:48 AM.. Reason: Quoted post broke the forum rules.

Old 05-25-2020, 07:50 AM

16,663 posts, read 15,654,903 times
This thread was dormant for nearly a decade. It was resurrected to try to push Christianity in this forum, against the rules. It's closed because we don't have any need to bash either Islam or Christianity in this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam