Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 10:37 AM

14 posts, read 24,712 times

Advertisements

How old is Islam? Did it start with Muhammad saws? I say Muhammad saws didn't start Islam but he was the last seal of the Prophets and messengers.

A lot of people think Islam is a new so called religion. First off, it's not a religion it's called "Din Al-Islam" "Way of life submission to the will of Allah". Islam is nature, a way of life.

Adam was a Muslim, he wasn't a Hebrew, Israelite nor Christian, the title fits him perfect for the other titles can not. Noah was a Muslim, Shem, Ismail, even Yeshu'a/Isa/Jesus Son of Mary was a Muslim. He was not the son of So called God and he was a prophet and messenger. It says it in the very bible people read. pbut

There is long proof that shows that Islam was here and the rituals were here for a long time before Muhammad pbuh. Here are my videos showing this very proof of this.

Let me know what you think, and lets discuss this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcvC9p9ePlI&list=UUp3FRv5U6Lw351_-CR5fjMQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG0BtqDh934&list=UUp3FRv5U6Lw351_-CR5fjMQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2014, 12:39 PM

1,727 posts, read 1,427,982 times
The predecessor to Islam is the rock God cults, that were all over the area.
We know the land around mecca was uninhabited until the 4th century.
It was Luhayy who brought the idea of praying to rocks from Syria, and the kab'ba's were set up in the marketplaces of the villages.
It was Qusayy's grandfather, who conquered mecca from the Juriam.

Then Qusayy bought the custodianship of the Kab'ba for " A skinfull of wine and a lute."

Qusayys family held the Kab'ba for 5 generations, and developed much of what is in Islam today.
The 5 pillars, being the main point.
Others were the names of some of the previous gods, now being changed to Allah.
From these writings, The Satanic verses emerge, filled with superstition and magic.

Muhammed was adopted into the Qusayy family, an orphan, who almost died as a child.

Muhammed was not qualified to inherit the Kab'ba, it was for a blood relative, over 40, male.

Muhammed spoke to spirits in a cave, and invented his own religion, much to the dismay of the townspeople, he was tossed out of town, with a dozen followers, including his now, 8 year old wife.

He sought refuge with the Jews of Yathrub, who took care of their new group.

Now we have a lot of info I will skip over, and get to the start of islam as we know it.

The first written documentation is the Sirat Rasual Allah, written 125 years too late to be considered accurate.
The first sporadic writings appear 60 years after Muhammed, however nothing is mentioned about the religion, no Qur'an, no Muhammed, no Islam.

What we have now, is a religion that took 300 years to develop, and emerge in the 9th century as it is now.

Old 10-06-2014, 12:51 PM

The reason we know so little about these people is because they were almost all illiterate, and left nothing in writing, then we have the muslim attitude of destroy what does not conform, so much was lost to history.

What we do have paints a picture, but the accuracy is doubt full, We also have rulers writing what they want for themselves.
The first writer, from Malik's court wrote things about muhammed, the sunni reject, however the sunni use Bukhari, which is 300 years too late, and way to far from the source, to even be considered for accuracy.

All historians can do is sort through the writings that survived and make educated guesses.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:38 PM

Wondering why there is no feedback here.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:59 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,072,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_a49 View Post
Wondering why there is no feedback here.
Can only answer for myself. I see no point in trying to convince you that you are in error as it is impossible to prove an error. The burden of proof is upon you to prove your allegations are true.

Old 10-19-2014, 01:25 AM

My allegations come from the written doctrine of islam, pick out anything I said, and I will provide the verses.

and no, nothing in all of Islam can be proven true, we can only go on what is written, and the basis for the religion, and the people since then trying to emulate Muhammed, as is done every day.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:12 AM

Quote:
My allegations come from the written doctrine of islam, pick out anything I said, and I will provide the verses.

and no, nothing in all of Islam can be proven true, we can only go on what is written, and the basis for the religion, and the people since then trying to emulate Muhammed, as is done every day.
However, it is known that your favorite book the "Sirat ul Rasul Allah" is not Sunnah nor scripture.

It seems to be only non-Muslims that think we believe it is Sunnah.

Old 10-19-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
However, it is known that your favorite book the "Sirat ul Rasul Allah" is not Sunnah nor scripture.

It seems to be only non-Muslims that think we believe it is Sunnah.
Actually my favorite is Taburi, it gets much further in depth, but the Sira was written 100 years earlier, and much closer to the source.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:02 AM

And BTW, A person needs the Sira, and/or, Al-Taburi to emulate muhammed, as is commanded.

There is no other place on the planet, to get the information.

Old 10-19-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
And BTW, A person needs the Sira, and/or, Al-Taburi to emulate muhammed, as is commanded.

There is no other place on the planet, to get the information.
We believe the only valid sources of Sunnah are the Ahadith, The Madhabs and the handed down traditions.

al-Tabari is recognized as a Scholar and His Tafsir of the Qur'an is read probably as much as that of al-Kathir.

While it can be said he had opinions on Sunnah he is not a source of Sunnah. But is a source that can help understand Sunnah.

Like all Scholars his words are not infallible and not to be taken as commands. Although he was raised under the Shafii Madhab, He did attempt to form a school of Islamic Jurisprudence, but it was never accepted as a madhab and lasted only a short time. The biggest problem was it contradicted the existing Hanbali Madhab.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam