Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2015, 05:54 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,164,794 times

Advertisements

" We are not Moderate Muslims, or radical Muslims we are moderate or radical individuals."

Muslims are individuals who choose to follow an ideology that promotes hate, murder, slavery, pedophilia, rape, theft, killing all non-Muslims, destruction of individual rights......

Old 07-17-2015, 07:31 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
" We are not Moderate Muslims, or radical Muslims we are moderate or radical individuals."

Muslims are individuals who choose to follow an ideology that promotes hate, murder, slavery, pedophilia, rape, theft, killing all non-Muslims, destruction of individual rights......
I follow Islam and I highly oppose and condemn hate, murder, slavery, pedophilia, rape, theft, killing all non-Muslims, destruction of individual rights...

Islam taught me to love and respect all people and to do what I can to alleviate the suffering of all who are suffering.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:06 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,645,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I follow Islam and I highly oppose and condemn hate, murder, slavery, pedophilia, rape, theft, killing all non-Muslims, destruction of individual rights...

Islam taught me to love and respect all people and to do what I can to alleviate the suffering of all who are suffering.
The gravity and weightage of contempt and animosity toward the Kuffar, i.e. 55% of evil laden verses in the Quran is to too heavy and thus 'smother' and dominate whatever is 'good' from the Quran. You may be the exception [most likely as a good human being and not because you are a good-Muslim*] but conventionally 80% of Muslims organized by herd instincts are heavily exposed to the 55% of evil-laden verses and many [say 20%] are easily influenced by it.
* A good and truer Muslim is one who follow the Quran to the 't' without compromises, or at least as much as possible and not cherry picking selective verses.

From my perspective, NT Christianity [not Christians] focus heavily on 'love' and less on whatever evil-laden verses there are in the NT.

As for respecting and alleviating suffering, the Eastern religions are more efficient relative to Islam. The evidence of Islamic-related evil in comparison to other religions is so glaring from the fruits of actions of its believers-in-general.

Old 07-18-2015, 12:32 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,164,794 times
"I follow Islam and I highly oppose and condemn hate, murder, slavery, pedophilia, rape, theft, killing all non-Muslims, destruction of individual rights..."

This is like saying that you follow communism (are a communist) but are totally against state ownership of property, completely disagree with Marx and vehemently condemn collectivism. And as a communist you love individual rights and a complete a separation of state and economics.

Old 07-19-2015, 11:53 AM

519 posts, read 777,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Perhaps a more relevant question would be why are radicals so violent?
A further question: what makes a person radical in the first place? Doesn't anyone belive in moderation?

Old 07-19-2015, 11:58 AM

519 posts, read 777,077 times
Quote:
Honest question and no disrespect meant, but aren't you just embracing the parts of Islam you like and ignoring the parts you don't like? I feel like if you want to call yourself a Muslim you can't cherry pick what you want out of their beliefs.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:02 PM

22,177 posts, read 19,217,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepheyr View Post
Honest question and no disrespect meant, but aren't you just embracing the parts of Islam you like and ignoring the parts you don't like? I feel like if you want to call yourself a Muslim you can't cherry pick what you want out of their beliefs.
i agree
it's no different than someone saying "i am a member of the nazi party but it is misunderstood and i am one of the peaceful good members"

an ideology that incites and promotes hatred and violence has nothing to do with the loving god that made us all. it is a perversion to say one man is the final prophet, when that man is a psychopath bent on violence , hatred, destruction, and megalomania.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:07 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I read on CNN today that the suspects in the shooting of the French cartoonist were radicalized Islamic's. This seems to be non stop endless killing and retaliation how can things ever change?

First on CNN: France tells U.S. Paris suspect trained with al Qaeda in Yemen - CNN.com
Money, perhaps? Money and then the development of "better tactics".

The "better tactics" would be like one leader said in the late 60's when they found that attacking airliners was "profitable". Words to the effect of, "Kill a few (Israeli) soldiers and it is only effective locally and for a day; attack an airliner and the whole world knows.".

It might be interesting to compare these attacks with those of the now defunct Tamil Tigers to see if there is really any difference.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:11 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepheyr View Post
There are only 5 things all Muslims are obligated to do..

That is to follow the 5 pillars of Islam to the best of our ability.

No where in the Qur'an are we commanded to be aggressors.

Being a Muslim is strictly between the individual and Allaah(swt) we have no way of knowing who is a Muslim except their word they are.

I have not seen one place in the Qur'an, Sunnah, or Ahadith that commands me to be an aggressor towards anyone.

Old 07-19-2015, 04:08 PM

6,344 posts, read 4,406,867 times
Quote:
There are only 5 things all Muslims are obligated to do..

That is to follow the 5 pillars of Islam to the best of our ability.

No where in the Qur'an are we commanded to be aggressors.

Being a Muslim is strictly between the individual and Allaah(swt) we have no way of knowing who is a Muslim except their word they are.

I have not seen one place in the Qur'an, Sunnah, or Ahadith that commands me to be an aggressor towards anyone.
yep . these guys look up Islam is evil or bad on Google and get this stuff instead of looking up true Islam and going to actual Muslims to learn Islam instead of non Muslims. funny world we live in people trust the ones with little knowledge on certain subject and listen to them and follow them easily but avoid the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.