Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 09:51 AM

17,614 posts, read 17,656,125 times

Advertisements

Then why are they given traditional Islamic funerals? If what they did goes against Islam then shouldn't they not receive the Islamic funeral?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2015, 01:33 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,759,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned
Moderator cut: orphaned respose

Not only do I believe that terrorists should not get a Muslim funeral, I also think that the Muslim religious leaders should announce that anyone that commits such an act is NOT a real Muslim, and that the Muslim community will throw out (excommunicate) anyone that is found to be involved in terrorism in any way.

Last edited by june 7th; 01-10-2015 at 09:32 PM..

Old 01-10-2015, 11:10 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
The problem, from what I understand from WoodrowLI, is that there are no formal Muslim religious leaders. There are no representatives equivalent to, say, the Pope, or the Archbishop of Canterbury, or the synods (governing bodies) of other Christian denominations. There's no guy or group of guys that the Muslim world overall looks up to for guidance who could take on that responsibility. They don't have a process such as excommunication where someone is tossed out of the religion.

Woodrow or another Muslim is free to correct me if I am wrong.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:32 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,741,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj View Post

Not only do I believe that terrorists should not get a Muslim funeral, I also think that the Muslim religious leaders should announce that anyone that commits such an act is NOT a real Muslim, and that the Muslim community will throw out (excommunicate) anyone that is found to be involved in terrorism in any way.
By by your logic, if we look at a persons entire life and 1% is considered bad, does that mean the other 99% is simply trashed? Really??

The body is simply a vessel. Its up to Allah to judge the soul.

"On the day when every soul will be confronted with all the good it has done, and all the evil it has done, it will wish there were a great distance between it and its evil."

"Every soul will be (held) in pledge for its deeds."

"Man cannot shift his responsibility to vicarious saviors or saints. His redemption depends upon the grace of Allah, for which he should constantly and whole-heartedly strive by means of right conduct. If he does so he will be redeemed."

Old 01-16-2015, 08:32 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: orphaned respose

As a person does not "join" Islam there is nothing to excommunicate them from. Each person that says they are Muslim are accepted as being Muslim Now if they are following Islam that is another story. There is no physical way to prove a person is a Muslim

Burial of anyone is the responsibility of the local community. For a proper burial it should be before sunset the day the person dies.
the body is prepared by family, friends volunteers etc. No fanfare. We are to avoid any crying. the actual burial should be only with the grave diggers present etc.
some of the fancy funerals you see are not in accordance with Islam

Old 01-16-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
By by your logic, if we look at a persons entire life and 1% is considered bad, does that mean the other 99% is simply trashed? Really??

The body is simply a vessel. Its up to Allah to judge the soul.

"On the day when every soul will be confronted with all the good it has done, and all the evil it has done, it will wish there were a great distance between it and its evil."

"Every soul will be (held) in pledge for its deeds."

"Man cannot shift his responsibility to vicarious saviors or saints. His redemption depends upon the grace of Allah, for which he should constantly and whole-heartedly strive by means of right conduct. If he does so he will be redeemed."
What happens when they get to the other side is one thing, but while here on the physical side we certainly can decide not to give a person who kills a bunch of people a proper burial.

I don't care what the other 99 percent of their life is, I only care about the fact they thought it was okay to murder people. If I know someone is a barbaric murderer then that is good enough to me to not give them any respect, and yeah, they are trash to me.

Maybe there are very good things about serial killers too, but I am not going to sympathize with them.

I actually believe in the death penalty for very violent criminals like terrorists and serial killers. They have no place in society. Once they die they can deal with God.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:32 AM

Quote:
... Once they die they can deal with God.
Once they die, their body is merely a vessel and thus is not inline with your comment of blaming the empty shell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynj

Not only do I believe that terrorists should not get a Muslim funeral,...

Old 01-16-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
.... For a proper burial it should be before sunset the day the person dies.
the body is prepared by family, friends volunteers etc. No fanfare. We are to avoid any crying. the actual burial should be only with the grave diggers present etc. Some of the fancy funerals you see are not in accordance with Islam
And who are the only one's we see violating this? Palestinians.

Old 01-16-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Once they die, their body is merely a vessel and thus is not inline with your comment of blaming the empty shell.
True, it is just an empty shell so it makes it even more okay to get rid of their bodies like a piece of trash.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:31 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,073,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
The problem, from what I understand from WoodrowLI, is that there are no formal Muslim religious leaders. There are no representatives equivalent to, say, the Pope, or the Archbishop of Canterbury, or the synods (governing bodies) of other Christian denominations. There's no guy or group of guys that the Muslim world overall looks up to for guidance who could take on that responsibility. They don't have a process such as excommunication where someone is tossed out of the religion.

Woodrow or another Muslim is free to correct me if I am wrong.

You did a very good summation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam