Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 07:31 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
Under sharia women get half the inheritance of men, their testimony is worth half that of a mans. A man can divorce his wife just by saying 3 times "I divorce you". It is so one sided in favor of men. Women get burned big time.

If you want to have "Sharia Court" and both parties agree I would not really care as long as the judgements were not enforced by the government. You can have your play court as long as the judgements would not be legally binding.

Allah can enforce the judgements for you.

Then what if your not happy with the judgement. Who do you appeal to? Would you have a Sharia Supreme Court?
Nah, it's all too stupid. You can't have both in the same society. It has to be one or the other.
A wife can also divorce her husband by public ally saying I divorce you 3 times. It is very easy to get a divorce under Shariah. But a divorce can have some very costly results that both must consider. If a divorce is for any reason except adultery all the details of the Nikkah must be paid immediately.. The divorces can not take place for 3 months after the decree or intent of devorce is issued, If during that time they spend any time together the divorce is void. Also if it is found the girl is pregnant during those 3 months.
While it is easy to get a divorce, it is difficult to get married. It can take a year or longer before a Nikkah is agreed upon.
A wise woman is certain to specity exactly the house and furnishing the groom is to buy for her, put the amount of household expenses she requires as a percentage of his income and et the mawr high enough so that in the event of death of divorce she receives virtually all of what the Husband's owns, before any inheritance is calculated. For a girl's first Marriage the Nikkah must also be aproved by the girl's Wali to be certain she is not short-changed.
The reason a girls inheritance if 1/2 the males is because a girl has no responsibility to pay househole expenses those are always to be paid by the closest male relatives. No matter how large of an income she has or how large of a Mawr she collects after the death or divorce of her husband.
Quite often inheritance is simply symbolic as the wife will have received all the Husband owns before any inheritance is calculated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 09:19 AM

115 posts, read 261,664 times
Is that the only part of the quote you're going to comment on?

Old 02-21-2015, 10:57 AM

4,612 posts, read 4,894,522 times
Quote:
You can have your play court as long as the judgements would not be legally binding.
I think you have hit the nail on the head.

As best I can tell, Woodrow is asking for exactly that - a Play Islamic Court that people can choose to either follow or ignore.

He says things like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Sharia Law can not be forced upon non-Muslims.
In my opinion, such a statement is nonsense because Sharia Law cannot be forced on ANY person in the America.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Under sharia women get half the inheritance of men, their testimony is worth half that of a mans. A man can divorce his wife just by saying 3 times "I divorce you". It is so one sided in favor of men. Women get burned big time.

If you want to have "Sharia Court" and both parties agree I would not really care as long as the judgements were not enforced by the government. You can have your play court as long as the judgements would not be legally binding.

Allah can enforce the judgements for you.

Then what if your not happy with the judgement. Who do you appeal to? Would you have a Sharia Supreme Court?
Nah, it's all too stupid. You can't have both in the same society. It has to be one or the other.
Quote:
A wife can also divorce her husband by public ally saying I divorce you 3 times. It is very easy to get a divorce under Shariah. But a divorce can have some very costly results that both must consider. If a divorce is for any reason except adultery all the details of the Nikkah must be paid immediately.. The divorces can not take place for 3 months after the decree or intent of devorce is issued, If during that time they spend any time together the divorce is void. Also if it is found the girl is pregnant during those 3 months.
While it is easy to get a divorce, it is difficult to get married. It can take a year or longer before a Nikkah is agreed upon.
A wise woman is certain to specity exactly the house and furnishing the groom is to buy for her, put the amount of household expenses she requires as a percentage of his income and et the mawr high enough so that in the event of death of divorce she receives virtually all of what the Husband's owns, before any inheritance is calculated. For a girl's first Marriage the Nikkah must also be aproved by the girl's Wali to be certain she is not short-changed.
The reason a girls inheritance if 1/2 the males is because a girl has no responsibility to pay househole expenses those are always to be paid by the closest male relatives. No matter how large of an income she has or how large of a Mawr she collects after the death or divorce of her husband.
Quite often inheritance is simply symbolic as the wife will have received all the Husband owns before any inheritance is calculated.
Quote:
Is that the only part of the quote you're going to comment on?
Quote:
Nah, it's all too stupid. You can't have both in the same society. It has to be one or the other
Then why is Judaic Civil law recognized in every State, but shariah is not and the only difference is who can be used as an arbitrator?
Does that mean equal rights for equal actions does not apply to Muslims?

Old 02-21-2015, 12:18 PM

Sounds like you are saying that muslims are treated unfairly for not having their own courts and a separate legal system.

I am unaware of any Judaic courts in the US. Can you provide more info on that?

Old 02-21-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you are saying that muslims are treated unfairly for not having their own courts and a separate legal system.

I am unaware of any Judaic courts in the US. Can you provide more info on that?

There are 20 states that do not recognise Sharia civil law, But every state recognizes Catholic Canon law and Jewish Rabinical Law
some links
Applying God

Jewish Law - LawPolicy ("Center for Halacha and American Law")

Quote:
The Beth Din, or Beit Din, is the Rabbinical Court that has been the basis of Jewish law and living throughout history and around the globe. Procedures and decisions based on the Torah, Talmud, and the great body of Halachic law are the guarantee of continued Jewish communal life. The West Coast Rabbinical Court, headed by HaRav Gavriel Cohen is authorized to handle all matters of Jewish religious law and is designated by the State of Israel to serve the western United States, Canada, Mexico and the Far East in matters of Halacha (Jewish law). Whether you need Brit Milah, Marriage, Counseling, Ravakut, Conversion, Kashrut Certification, Arbitration, or Divorce, we can help you. As the population is diverse, we can render our services fluently in 8 languages thus creating an efficient network with most communities worldwide - Israel, Europe and the Far East. We are also able to perform tasks in the appropriate nusach (i.e. Sefardi, Ashkenaz) as required by halachah by Rav Elyashiv zt”l and all Gedolei Hador.
West Coast Rabbinical Court | Beis Din with Dayan Rabbi Gavriel Cohen

Old 02-21-2015, 01:42 PM

Quote:
If you are not "happy with the judgment" of any so-called religious court (Christian, Jewish, Muslim, etc.), I believe you have the right to simply ignore it.

I doubt that any religious court has the power to legally enforce any judgment.

Old 02-21-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Does that mean equal rights for equal actions does not apply to Muslims?
I believe Muslims have the same legal rights that I have.

Old 02-21-2015, 02:25 PM

We all have equal rights under the law. You want special treatment.

Old 02-21-2015, 03:01 PM

Quote:
We all have equal rights under the law. You want special treatment.
No special treatment, just the same rights that are available to every other American.
People of every religious denomination in every US state has the right for Civil disputes to be settled in a religious court, tribunal, Council etc----EXCEPT Muslims
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam