Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:55 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sod13 View Post
There are no moderate or liberal Muslims.They are called apostates and executed. Muslims are not allowed to critique their religion. It's submit or die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth light View Post
Of course
Let's try again . . . you consider this to be modern and civilized behavior for today, Truth-Light???
You believe that your almighty God needs humans to force people to believe in Him or be killed??? How is that almighty??? Explain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 03:12 PM

271 posts, read 355,595 times
impotents and weak people who are really aimless should better be quite.
To be "polite" doesn't work with those who can not control their impulse.
To be fatanic is so easy

Isaiah)(Is-66-16)(For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-48-10)(Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blooD.

*(Ezekiel)(Ez-9-6)(Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

*(Joshua)(Jos-6-21)(And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

*(1 Samuel)(Sm1-15-3)(Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

*(Psalms)(Ps-137-9)(Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-14-12)(When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and an oblation, I will not accept them: but I will consume them by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-11-22)(Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will punish them: the young men shall die by the sword; their sons and their daughters shall die by famine.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-12-17)(But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, saith the LORD.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-16-3)(For thus saith the LORD concerning the sons and concerning the daughters that are born in this place, and concerning their mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that begat them in this land.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-19-9)(And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-46-10)(For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

*(2 Samuel)(Sm2-12-31)(And he brought forth the people that were therein, and put them under saws, and under harrows of iron, and under axes of iron, and made them pass through the brick-kiln: and thus did he unto all the cities of the children of Ammon. So David and all the people returned unto Jerusalem.

*(Ezekiel)(Ez-11-8)(Ye have feared the sword; and I will bring a sword upon you, saith the Lord GOD.

*(Deuteronomy)(Dt-20-10)(When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it(11) And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee(12) And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it(13) And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword(14) But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

*(Exodus)(Ex-22-24)(And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless

*(Ezekiel)(Ez-23-25)(And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire

*(Numbers)(Nm-31-17)(Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

*(Ezekiel)(Ez-9-7)(And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

*(2 Samuel)(Sm2-4-12)(And David commanded his young men, and they slew them, and cut off their hands and their feet, and hanged them up over the pool in Hebron. But they took the head of Ishbosheth, and buried it in the sepulchre of Abner in Hebron.

*(Isaiah)(Is-13-15)(Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword(16) Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished(17) Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it(18) Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

*(2 Samuel)(Sm2-12-26)(And Joab fought against Rabbah of the children of Ammon, and took the royal city(27) And Joab sent messengers to David, and said, I have fought against Rabbah, and have taken the city of waters(28) Now therefore gather the rest of the people together, and encamp against the city, and take it: lest I take the city, and it be called after my name.

*(Joshua)(Jos-11-14)(And all the spoil of these cities, and the cattle, the children of Israel took for a prey unto themselves; but every man they smote with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them, neither left they any to breathe(15) As the LORD commanded Moses his servant, so did Moses command Joshua, and so did Joshua; he left nothing undone of all that the LORD commanded Moses.

*(Numbers)(Nm-31-1)(And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying(2) Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people(3) And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the LORD of Midian(4) Of every tribe a thousand, throughout all the tribes of Israel, shall ye send to the war(5) So there were delivered out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand of every tribe, twelve thousand armed for war(6) And Moses sent them to the war, a thousand of every tribe, them and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow in his hand(7) And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males(8) And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword(9) And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods(10) And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire(11) And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts(12) And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

*(Exodus)(Ex-34-11)(Observe thou that which I command thee this day: behold, I drive out before thee the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite(12) Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee(13) But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves.

*(Exodus)(Ex-23-23)(For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off(24) Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images

*(Revelation)(Rv-2-22)(Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds(23) And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

*(Matthew)(Mt-10-34)(Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

*(Luke)(Lk-22-36)(Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

*(Luke)(Lk-12-51)(Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division.

*(Luke)(Lk-14-26)(If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

*(Luke)(Lk-19-27)(But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me

Old 11-28-2010, 03:30 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
To be fatanic is so easy
Was that a threat, ??? I asked very specific questions, Truth-Light and you just spam me with cut and paste. What kind of almighty God needs humans to force people to believe in him or be killed??? How is that almighty???

Old 11-28-2010, 03:52 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
To be fatanic is so easy

Isaiah)(Is-66-16)(For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-48-10)(Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blooD.

*(Ezekiel)(Ez-9-6)(Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.

*(Joshua)(Jos-6-21)(And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword.

*(1 Samuel)(Sm1-15-3)(Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass.

*(Psalms)(Ps-137-9)(Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-14-12)(When they fast, I will not hear their cry; and when they offer burnt offering and an oblation, I will not accept them: but I will consume them by the sword, and by the famine, and by the pestilence.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-11-22)(Therefore thus saith the LORD of hosts, Behold, I will punish them: the young men shall die by the sword; their sons and their daughters shall die by famine.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-12-17)(But if they will not obey, I will utterly pluck up and destroy that nation, saith the LORD.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-16-3)(For thus saith the LORD concerning the sons and concerning the daughters that are born in this place, and concerning their mothers that bare them, and concerning their fathers that begat them in this land.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-19-9)(And I will cause them to eat the flesh of their sons and the flesh of their daughters, and they shall eat every one the flesh of his friend in the siege and straitness, wherewith their enemies, and they that seek their lives, shall straiten them.

*(Jeremiah)(Jer-46-10)(For this is the day of the Lord GOD of hosts, a day of vengeance, that he may avenge him of his adversaries: and the sword shall devour, and it shall be satiate and made drunk with their blood: for the Lord GOD of hosts hath a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates.

*(2 Samuel)(Sm2-12-31)(And he brought forth the people that were therein, and put them under saws, and under harrows of iron, and under axes of iron, and made them pass through the brick-kiln: and thus did he unto all the cities of the children of Ammon. So David and all the people returned unto Jerusalem.

*(Ezekiel)(Ez-11-8)(Ye have feared the sword; and I will bring a sword upon you, saith the Lord GOD.

*(Deuteronomy)(Dt-20-10)(When thou comest nigh unto a city to fight against it, then proclaim peace unto it(11) And it shall be, if it make thee answer of peace, and open unto thee, then it shall be, that all the people that is found therein shall be tributaries unto thee, and they shall serve thee(12) And if it will make no peace with thee, but will make war against thee, then thou shalt besiege it(13) And when the LORD thy God hath delivered it into thine hands, thou shalt smite every male thereof with the edge of the sword(14) But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

*(Exodus)(Ex-22-24)(And my wrath shall wax hot, and I will kill you with the sword; and your wives shall be widows, and your children fatherless

*(Ezekiel)(Ez-23-25)(And I will set my jealousy against thee, and they shall deal furiously with thee: they shall take away thy nose and thine ears; and thy remnant shall fall by the sword: they shall take thy sons and thy daughters; and thy residue shall be devoured by the fire

*(Numbers)(Nm-31-17)(Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him.

*(Ezekiel)(Ez-9-7)(And he said unto them, Defile the house, and fill the courts with the slain: go ye forth. And they went forth, and slew in the city.

*(2 Samuel)(Sm2-4-12)(And David commanded his young men, and they slew them, and cut off their hands and their feet, and hanged them up over the pool in Hebron. But they took the head of Ishbosheth, and buried it in the sepulchre of Abner in Hebron.

*(Isaiah)(Is-13-15)(Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined unto them shall fall by the sword(16) Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished(17) Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it(18) Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.

*(2 Samuel)(Sm2-12-26)(And Joab fought against Rabbah of the children of Ammon, and took the royal city(27) And Joab sent messengers to David, and said, I have fought against Rabbah, and have taken the city of waters(28) Now therefore gather the rest of the people together, and encamp against the city, and take it: lest I take the city, and it be called after my name.

*(Joshua)(Jos-11-14)(And all the spoil of these cities, and the cattle, the children of Israel took for a prey unto themselves; but every man they smote with the edge of the sword, until they had destroyed them, neither left they any to breathe(15) As the LORD commanded Moses his servant, so did Moses command Joshua, and so did Joshua; he left nothing undone of all that the LORD commanded Moses.

*(Numbers)(Nm-31-1)(And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying(2) Avenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered unto thy people(3) And Moses spake unto the people, saying, Arm some of yourselves unto the war, and let them go against the Midianites, and avenge the LORD of Midian(4) Of every tribe a thousand, throughout all the tribes of Israel, shall ye send to the war(5) So there were delivered out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand of every tribe, twelve thousand armed for war(6) And Moses sent them to the war, a thousand of every tribe, them and Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, to the war, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow in his hand(7) And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males(8) And they slew the kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slain; namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian: Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword(9) And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods(10) And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles, with fire(11) And they took all the spoil, and all the prey, both of men and of beasts(12) And they brought the captives, and the prey, and the spoil, unto Moses, and Eleazar the priest, and unto the congregation of the children of Israel, unto the camp at the plains of Moab, which are by Jordan near Jericho.

*(Exodus)(Ex-34-11)(Observe thou that which I command thee this day: behold, I drive out before thee the Amorite, and the Canaanite, and the Hittite, and the Perizzite, and the Hivite, and the Jebusite(12) Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee(13) But ye shall destroy their altars, break their images, and cut down their groves.

*(Exodus)(Ex-23-23)(For mine Angel shall go before thee, and bring thee in unto the Amorites, and the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Canaanites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites: and I will cut them off(24) Thou shalt not bow down to their gods, nor serve them, nor do after their works: but thou shalt utterly overthrow them, and quite break down their images

*(Revelation)(Rv-2-22)(Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds(23) And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

*(Matthew)(Mt-10-34)(Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

*(Luke)(Lk-22-36)(Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

*(Luke)(Lk-12-51)(Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division.

*(Luke)(Lk-14-26)(If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

*(Luke)(Lk-19-27)(But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me
So you are making the point that slaying unbelievers also used to be done by Christians...All that proves is that Christianity has seen the error of this kind of thinking and no longer does this, and haven't done it for a long time.

Islam on the other hand still indulges in the practice of killing apostates, adulterers, gays etc....How can you call Islam the modern alternative when it still uses these medieval forms of punishment?

Amnesty International (http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/asset/MDE13/102/2009/en/a4056737-ef5d-4af2-aebb-fc85c489e11b/mde131022009en.html - broken link) reports that 3 Kurdish nationals in Iranian custody are scheduled to be executed for "enmity against God" (apostasy, or denying the truth of Islam):

Apostates in Iran

Gay youths.

Adulterer..Stoned

Old 11-29-2010, 01:14 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
So much for the 'modern alternative'. Appalling and bestial by any measure.

Old 11-29-2010, 01:38 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,164,177 times
Just horrible...

Old 11-29-2010, 09:06 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
'Modern alternative' to what? Civilized behavior?

Although I'm sure there will be some apologist spin-doctoring coming up shortly...

Old 11-29-2010, 09:12 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,953,991 times
Islam + Modern = ???? That would be funny if it weren't so damn tragic.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:23 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
I wonder why these sociopathic and murderous "believer"s don't have the courage to show their faces....

Well, hell; let' 'em come for me. I'll show them an alternate pathway to divine understanding.

Old 11-29-2010, 11:33 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Islam + Modern = ???? That would be funny if it weren't so damn tragic.
Hopefully the OP reported back to whomever sends these people out that applying "modern" to Islam didn't work. Bizarre tactic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam