Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 08:11 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,009,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Every religion practices some variation of Shariah, but do not call it Shariah, they call it Church Doctrine.
I suspect what you are looking at are the Shariah criminal Laws of Saudi and Iran and believe that is all there is to Shariah.
the Muslims do not practice "Church Doctrine". this is absurd. you're really reaching a lot here Woodrow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 09:23 PM

15,501 posts, read 16,972,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
the Muslims do not practice "Church Doctrine". this is absurd. you're really reaching a lot here Woodrow
I did not say that, I said "Every religion practices some variation of Shariah, but do not call it Shariah, they call it Church Doctrine.
I suspect what you are looking at are the Shariah criminal Laws of Saudi and Iran and believe that is all there is to Shariah."

But since most of us do follow a Madhab of Sharia,that is some what the same as "Church doctrine" except failure to do so does not stop us from being Muslim. There is no excommunication in Islam as we do not join an organization. Islam is an action, not an organization or such

Quote:
How to Convert to Islam - The Testimony of Faith (Shahada)

Becoming a Muslim is a simple and easy process. All that a person has to do is to say a sentence called the Testimony of Faith (Shahada), which is pronounced as:

I testify “La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad rasoolu Allah.”

These Arabic words mean, “There is no true god (deity) but God (Allah), and Muhammad is the Messenger (Prophet) of God.” Once a person says the Testimony of Faith (Shahada) with conviction and understanding its meaning, then he/she has become a Muslim.
SOURCE: How to Convert to Islam and Become a Muslim - The Religion of Islam

Try to find a Church doctrine we follow. many perhaps most of us pray at home. Most Muslims have no religious training except what they learned from their mothers

Any person that has ever said the Shahadah at least one in their life of their own free will and with sincerity, is a Muslim.

For some Muslims that is the total extent of their practice of Islam. But, they are still Muslim and equal to every other Muslim

Old 02-22-2015, 09:56 PM

115 posts, read 260,134 times
I heard some Imam say that ALL children are born Muslim. What does that mean?

Old 02-22-2015, 11:36 PM

63,387 posts, read 39,647,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Our Tort, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Child Support and Protection laws are not overridden by religious "laws" Wood. There are significant restrictions that the state would not allow "consenting adults" to settle in a religious court.
Quote:
There are things that would not be allowed if they violated state law. Domestic violence is covered under criminal law not Civil, that is not an issue.
For the most part divorce, marriage and property owner ship contracts can be written so they comply with state law.
The Sharia civil laws are basically identical with the Jewish civil laws, the difference is an Islamic Council is the arbitrator instead of a Rabbi.
I do not think anyone is asking for permission to do anything that would violate state law.
I apologize for my mistyping, Wood . . . I meant to type Domestic Relations . . . NOT Domestic Violence . . . although a lot of those cases have that component. The simple truth is that Sharia law (even your more moderate version) would violate many of our laws on Constintutional equal protection grounds.

Old 02-23-2015, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
I heard some Imam say that ALL children are born Muslim. What does that mean?
It means we are all born with full submission to Allaah(swt) it is only the exposure to this life that leads us away. A Muslim is a person who submits fully to God --Allaah(swt)
Our natual state is Islam. The act of full submission to God(swt)

Islam is not an organization, it is the act of submitting to God. A Muslim is a person who performs the act of Islam,

Old 02-23-2015, 11:37 AM

Then by that logic anyone who professes another religion is not just an unbeliever, but an apostate from Islam.

Old 02-23-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum Registration View Post
Then by that logic anyone who professes another religion is not just an unbeliever, but an apostate from Islam.
Correct
It is a misconception that we go around killing apostates. While apostacy is a crime, there is no earthly punishment for it unless it entails treason or the like.
contrary to the hate sites that think single ayyats in the Qur'an or hadith constitute a commandment

Old 02-23-2015, 02:18 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,513,270 times
If that's the case why would it still be in the Koran? You may not have a few Muslim friends who don't interpret it as a "stand alone statement" but there are hundreds of million of Muslims who have and still are being told to memorize the Koran and not contextualize what is written because every single word is holy and should not be questioned.

Quote:
Most Muslims know that ayyats are not stand alone statements. General rule is to read a minimum of 9 ayyats if you can't read the full surat
Non-Muslims seem to love to believe a truncated part of 8:12 is a commandment.

If you read enough you may see that surah 8 consists of 4 different but rlated disdcourses and 8:1-15 is in reference to a specific time when the nation was at war. a state of war, sort of a pep talk as they had just lost a battle, were fixing to be attacked and were quite down hearted.

Old 02-23-2015, 02:21 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,513,270 times
In other words there is no true Muslim nation or region since most Muslims are completely misinterpreting the Koran.

Quote:
It means we are all born with full submission to Allaah(swt) it is only the exposure to this life that leads us away. A Muslim is a person who submits fully to God --Allaah(swt)
Our natual state is Islam. The act of full submission to God(swt)

Islam is not an organization, it is the act of submitting to God. A Muslim is a person who performs the act of Islam,

Old 02-23-2015, 02:52 PM

I'm starting to think that it's Woodrow and his small group who is misinterpreting the Quran and it's ISIS and the rest of the Muslim world that truly understand Islam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam