Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 11:56 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Whatever. When it comes to muslim terrorists, I really don't get a rip about progress and advancement. They don't love or care for western culture, they want to attack and destroy it. I say go away!
Ok. I'm pretty sure that everyone agrees that terrorists should "go away". I'm not sure what else you're trying to say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2015, 07:31 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
I am an American Muslim I am also a former US serviceman that is a proud member of the DAV (Disabled American Veteran) with service connected disabilities.

The majority of American Muslims are law abiding citizens that dislike anyone who deliberately harms innocent people.

We serve our nation and are no different than most Americans. Most of us were born here some with family roots that go back many generations.

In all probability you will never come in personal contact with a Muslim Terrorist in the USA. While virtually every Muslim living in Afghanistan and Iraq has had loved ones killed by American bombs.

While 9/11 was the worse terrorist attack to ever hit America and the 19 perpetrators were Muslim, not one of them was an American citizen or had any ties in the USA. but overall:

Non-Muslims Carried Out More than 90% of All Terrorist Attacks in America

Non-Muslims Carried Out More than 90% of All Terrorist Attacks in America | Global Research - Centre for Research on Globalization
I didn't know you were a DAV, Woodrow. My father was also. Lost both his legs below the knee in WWII. At the time of his death at age 78, he had just undergone a stump revision and was taking physical therapy in anticipation of being fitted with new prosthetics. He died of a heart attack before he got there. He was active in the DAV organization, as well as the VFW and American Legion.

I ask that people stand up for the care of our Disabled American Veterans and not let them be forgotten, regardless of their faith or absence of it. We have a whole new crop coming out from our most recent wars.

I know people might be sick of hearing this, but I'm not going to shut up. As a survivor of the WTC attacks, I am reminding everyone that AMERICAN MUSLIMS ran out of those buildings alongside the rest of us, and then some of them suffered the subsequent indignity of suspicion and being questioned just because they were engineers who worked in the WTC.

This Christian asks that people remember to place the blame for wrongdoing on those who actually committed the wrongdoing, not those who look like them or belong to the same race, religion, or country of origin as the perpetrators.

Old 05-22-2015, 08:03 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

This Christian asks that people remember to place the blame for wrongdoing on those who actually committed the wrongdoing, not those who look like them or belong to the same race, religion, or country of origin as the perpetrators.
and what is to be our response when the so-called "peaceful Muslims" state that there is no turn the other cheek in Islam, that peace is not attainable, therefore violence is justified, condoned, permitted, excused, and accepted? When anyone of any stripe says that peace is not attainable, so why bother trying, it opens the door to every atrocity imaginable. When the so called "peaceful Muslims" give oppression as an excuse and justification for violence, it sounds waaaaaaay too much like Hitler's insanity. Long before atrocities come into physical form, they ferment as a horrific dangerous mindset.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 05-22-2015 at 08:19 AM..

Old 05-22-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
and what is to be our response when the so-called "peaceful Muslims" state that there is no turn the other cheek in Islam, that peace is not attainable, therefore violence is justified, condoned, permitted, excused, and accepted? When anyone of any stripe says that peace is not attainable, it opens the door to every atrocity imaginable. When the so called "peaceful Muslims" give oppression as an excuse and justification for violence, it sounds waaaaaaay too much like Hitler's insanity.
If you're referring to Israel...it's very clear for anyone with an open mind that the Muslims are the oppressed and the Zionist are the oppressors. Jihad is justified against them and I don't see any sort of peace nor will they receive any peace until they cease and desist their actions.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:07 AM

22,178 posts, read 19,221,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Jihad is justified nor will they receive any peace
see?

Old 05-22-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
see?
See what? We're not pacifists. Oppress, torture, imprison and occupy our people and our religion gives us the right to defend.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:26 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,075,596 times
Quote:
see?
a specific group in a specific location should not be generalized.

There are quite a few Jews in Israel that are pro Palestine

International Jewish Anti-Zionist Network (IJAN)

Do they speak for you?

Old 05-22-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
See what? We're not pacifists. Oppress, torture, imprison and occupy our people and our religion gives us the right to defend.
We also need to keep in mind, we are speaking of a very specific situation and one conflict that most of us believe is a battle against oppression.

It is not an affirmation that we believe all Jews should be destroyed.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
We also need to keep in mind, we are speaking of a very specific situation and one conflict that most of us believe is a battle against oppression.

It is not an affirmation that we believe all Jews should be destroyed.
I agree wholeheartedly. In my original reply I specifically noted *Zionists* and not Jews.

Old 05-22-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
I agree wholeheartedly. In my original reply I specifically noted *Zionists* and not Jews.
Sometimes we can not reiterate things enough times. Often people only notice what seems to support their preconceived ideas.

On forums repetition is almost a necessity as posts will be truncated or misquoted.

There is quite a bit of difference between

Quote:
Jihad is justified nor will they receive any peace
and

Quote:
Jihad is justified against them and I don't see any sort of peace nor will they receive any peace until they cease and desist their actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam