Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 12:55 PM

15,501 posts, read 16,972,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"Places Qatar as the world's richest Nation and also list Brunei, Kuwait, UAE as having a higher per capita income higher than the USA with Saudia Arabia being just slightly lower."

WOW! I'll take you at your word and say that Muslims are far more evil than I imagined. All these incredibly wealthy Islamic nations yet the Muslim refugees are flooding into poor Western countries and taking massive handouts and destroying economies. With all this massive wealth, why aren't these incredibly rich MUSLIMS helping their fellow Muslims? Why do the infidels have to support and shelter and protect all these homeless Muslims??

Where is the charity for fellow Muslims? Talk about greed!!

This is sickening. Muslims have the most wealth in the world, yet ignore the plight of Muslim refugees and turn their backs on fellow Muslims. Western countries full of disbelievers, the very ones that allah wants to torture endlessly and Muhammed wants slaughtered, are taking in these Muslims and despite threats of terrorism and mass slaughter and gangs that are mass raping the citizens of these countries, are giving these Muslims so very much....homes, food, welfare.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqeoMy-NFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOcpBUYVOm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrSGZswoeL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tplM...ion_3096601141

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl16QDk2sig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Th6h5jX8g
As for why the "Rich Arab nations " are not taking in refugees, I believe the main reason is logistics. those nations are small and have very little living space. They are mostly uninhabitable desert lands.

Yes the immigrants are acting very unIslamic. They are humans and very frustrated and angry, they have lost everything and very possibly are taking their anger out on everybody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 03:34 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,155,040 times
"As for why the "Rich Arab nations " are not taking in refugees, I believe the main reason is logistics. those nations are small and have very little living space. They are mostly uninhabitable desert lands."

Very little living space?? The places where refugees are going also have very little living space! I believe many are sent to Phoenix, a DESERT. Why don't these amazingly wealthy Muslim countries build apartment houses for their fellow Muslims? We are talking about, by your own claim, the wealthiest countries on earth! Why don't the people living in their huge houses invite Muslims in to live with them? Instead infidel countries are taking tax dollars from hard working people to house and feed these Muslims. In some cases, Muslim refugees are being treated better than the citizens!

Why don't the Muslim countries step up to the plate?

Let's take a look at Qatar, whom you say is the richest nation of all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qNzJZ_nucE

Looks like plenty of room here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c_X8nrV2vc

But no, the infidels are having to take in all these Muslim refugees and house them and feed them and put them on the dole, while the refugees rape and slaughter and riot.

Are you telling me that massively wealthy Muslim countries can't build more structures to hold their brothers?

I cannot believe the selfishness of Muslims.

"Yes the immigrants are acting very unIslamic. They are humans and very frustrated and angry, they have lost everything and very possibly are taking their anger out on everybody."

I've met plenty of people who have lost everything. In fact, I have gone through homelessness myself. Never, ever would I have dreamed of acting like this. I have no recollection of any other refugees acting like this. People come on hard times every day....terrible times. They are still civilized. These are savages, and acting this way towards the very people who are sacrificing (sometimes everything) for them. And they lost everything? I see they still have their cell phones.

They are acting Islamic. We see it in the Islamic countries all the time. They are bringing this savagery to Western countries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvc94fUm_X4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9rEtEKn5jE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ma5AMOGHRc

Old 11-07-2015, 09:55 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,620,752 times
Quote:
"Yes the immigrants are acting very unIslamic. They are humans and very frustrated and angry, they have lost everything and very possibly are taking their anger out on everybody."

I've met plenty of people who have lost everything. In fact, I have gone through homelessness myself. Never, ever would I have dreamed of acting like this. I have no recollection of any other refugees acting like this. People come on hard times every day....terrible times. They are still civilized. These are savages, and acting this way towards the very people who are sacrificing (sometimes everything) for them. And they lost everything? I see they still have their cell phones.

They are acting Islamic. We see it in the Islamic countries all the time. They are bringing this savagery to Western countries.
When one read the Quran, one will note the Quran give the Muslims a sense of arrogance they are the masters and superior to all non-Muslims.
Non-Muslims are to be treated as dhimmis, as the worst of all creatures, apes, swines, equivalent to cattle, the lowest of the lows, etc.
When Muslims receive the dole from non-Muslims they treat it a tax [jizya] to compensate for their low self-esteem.
This is the sort of pseudo-arrogance from the Quran that induce SOME Muslims to expect non-Muslims to serve them regardless of whatever the situations.

I find those extreme left wingers are being very stupid when they think they are helping 'victims' not knowing that they can be bitten any time by their 'masters'.
Btw, this is already glaringly evident from experiences with past refugees and these so-called 'compassionate' left-wingers never learned especially with those people who are brainwashed with pseudo-arrogance by a higher up.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:02 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,353,430 times
It doesn't matter how intelligent they are. There are incredibly intelligent working women with a private life of abuse.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/l...w/20843540.cms

Which is exactly what Islam is. Not a religion. A religion is for the growth of one's spirit. This is a sham, a masturbation of an evil sadist's depraved mind, that have managed to go unchecked for more centuries than it should have. It is an abuse culture.

They are "those who submit." Yes, exactly. You understand the term, "beaten into submission"?

I've had enough. Really. I am tired of the despair this "religion" produces, the pain, and the suffering.

At this point in our history, we are moving towards enlightenment, towards peace and understanding. Women are able to hold jobs and vote, to voice their opinions and be themselves. Blacks are working with whites in church to raise understanding of the abuses from the old power structures. The old world is falling away, becoming a new thing. A beautiful world, where a child can be male/female/transgender/genderfluid/even agender, and be accepted even in a small town. And the most appalling thing? Just as things are getting better, just as they are changing we still see this. Liberals in favor of this, also saying inane things like "we just need to respect Muslims, they are just like us." Muslims as people are indeed real people, on the other hand, as a culture, they managed to **** off Buddhists. If you manage that with the world's most peaceful religion, you are doing it wrong.

Islam needs to die. Not Muslims, mind you. This power structure. This treating cultural abuse as if it were valid, as if it were a real religion. It's not. People can and should learn to love each other without hurt. Instead, we have a system that glorifies hurt, that makes a mockery of any attempts to spiritually advance. I want a world where I can love, and be loved in return. But all I see here is pain, co-opting the positive (liberal social theology) and corrupting it with the negative (totalitarian regimes). I know that the opposite can also work, that we can clean up our act. So why isn't anyone interested in doing that?

Is there such a thing as a perfect world? Not hardly. But there is such a thing as a better world. I want to see it. Can everyone help? Can we stop letting abuse happen? America voted for change. And yet, Islam represents a law system that has been around for only 1400 years, but has not changed from antiquated Middle Eastern patriarchy.

Stop blaming others for your failings. Accept responsibility. Then move towards something better.

Old 11-08-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
It doesn't matter how intelligent they are. There are incredibly intelligent working women with a private life of abuse.

Why do smart, successful women tolerate abuse? - The Times of India

Which is exactly what Islam is. Not a religion. A religion is for the growth of one's spirit. This is a sham, a masturbation of an evil sadist's depraved mind, that have managed to go unchecked for more centuries than it should have. It is an abuse culture.

They are "those who submit." Yes, exactly. You understand the term, "beaten into submission"?

I've had enough. Really. I am tired of the despair this "religion" produces, the pain, and the suffering.

At this point in our history, we are moving towards enlightenment, towards peace and understanding. Women are able to hold jobs and vote, to voice their opinions and be themselves. Blacks are working with whites in church to raise understanding of the abuses from the old power structures. The old world is falling away, becoming a new thing. A beautiful world, where a child can be male/female/transgender/genderfluid/even agender, and be accepted even in a small town. And the most appalling thing? Just as things are getting better, just as they are changing we still see this. Liberals in favor of this, also saying inane things like "we just need to respect Muslims, they are just like us." Muslims as people are indeed real people, on the other hand, as a culture, they managed to **** off Buddhists. If you manage that with the world's most peaceful religion, you are doing it wrong.

Islam needs to die. Not Muslims, mind you. This power structure. This treating cultural abuse as if it were valid, as if it were a real religion. It's not. People can and should learn to love each other without hurt. Instead, we have a system that glorifies hurt, that makes a mockery of any attempts to spiritually advance. I want a world where I can love, and be loved in return. But all I see here is pain, co-opting the positive (liberal social theology) and corrupting it with the negative (totalitarian regimes). I know that the opposite can also work, that we can clean up our act. So why isn't anyone interested in doing that?

Is there such a thing as a perfect world? Not hardly. But there is such a thing as a better world. I want to see it. Can everyone help? Can we stop letting abuse happen? America voted for change. And yet, Islam represents a law system that has been around for only 1400 years, but has not changed from antiquated Middle Eastern patriarchy.

Stop blaming others for your failings. Accept responsibility. Then move towards something better.
Each Muslim has to account for his own actions or inaction.

Quote:
What failings? and who have I ever blamed for any aspect of my life. I accept I alone carry the responsibilities for the results of my personal choices.

I believe I have been quite successful in life. I do give a sizable portion of my income to needy non-Muslims as I have no Muslim neighbors.

While it is true I do receive a rather sizable income as compensation for disabling injuries I received while I served my country, but I doubt any will not find it justified to be compensated for loss of use of my right arm and leg while serving my country.

I also do receive Social Security retirement benefits that I paid into from 1954 to 2005 and I do have a bit of an income from a private retirement fund I paid into during my working years. True it is more than I need and except for a small portion I need to sustain life, I give the remainder to Native American charities.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 11-08-2015 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: clarified. worded the sentence about loss of use of my arm and leg poorly

Old 11-08-2015, 01:52 PM

9 posts, read 6,147 times
Quote:
"Places Qatar as the world's richest Nation and also list Brunei, Kuwait, UAE as having a higher per capita income higher than the USA with Saudia Arabia being just slightly lower."

WOW! I'll take you at your word and say that Muslims are far more evil than I imagined. All these incredibly wealthy Islamic nations yet the Muslim refugees are flooding into poor Western countries and taking massive handouts and destroying economies. With all this massive wealth, why aren't these incredibly rich MUSLIMS helping their fellow Muslims? Why do the infidels have to support and shelter and protect all these homeless Muslims??

Where is the charity for fellow Muslims? Talk about greed!!

This is sickening. Muslims have the most wealth in the world, yet ignore the plight of Muslim refugees and turn their backs on fellow Muslims. Western countries full of disbelievers, the very ones that allah wants to torture endlessly and Muhammed wants slaughtered, are taking in these Muslims and despite threats of terrorism and mass slaughter and gangs that are mass raping the citizens of these countries, are giving these Muslims so very much....homes, food, welfare.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcqeoMy-NFk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOcpBUYVOm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrSGZswoeL8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tplM...ion_3096601141

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tl16QDk2sig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Th6h5jX8g
How many wealthy New York or California families took in the poor black displaced people post Hurricane Katrina? None. The same rules apply here. Do you really expect wealthy Arabs to open their borders and homes to a punch of poor and mostly uneducated refugees? Dream on. Selfishness is prevalent among the wealthy

Old 11-08-2015, 03:11 PM

"How many wealthy New York or California families took in the poor black displaced people post Hurricane Katrina? None."

You are comparing apples and oranges. These are not US citizens, Christians...there are Muslim 'refugees' who are raping and stealing and rioting and terrorizing and pooping all over the place. I'm hearing how charitable Muslims are....well, what happened to that charity???

But, since you bring it up, rich AND poor people DID invite poor black displaced people into their homes, .....

For example:
"Following Hurricane Katrina, many residents of Baton Rouge, for example, invited someone to stay in their home; hotels housed displaced families, extended families, and pets; and nearly every large shelter created a clinic run by local doctors and nurses."

Disaster Mythology and Fact: Hurricane Katrina and Social Attachment

......and how much charity was given? How many tax dollars went to Katrina victims?

And what did Opera do? What did Brad Pitt do? Julia Roberts and George Clooney helped bring down food and clothing. Brad Pitt funded the construction of dozens of houses in the Lower Ninth Ward. A Canadian tire-manufacturing billionaire created a community of trailer homes for Katrina evacuees in rural Louisiana and named it after his tire company — “Magnaville." Matthew McConaughey and the baseball player Roger Clemens.....

Private charity was immense. Well over $3 billion. I gave quite a bit to charities that were helping rescue, house and reunite animals with their owners.

How much are Muslims and Muslim countries sending western countries that are taking in Muslim refugees/criminals??

"The same rules apply here. Do you really expect wealthy Arabs to open their borders and homes to a punch of poor and mostly uneducated refugees? "

Of course not. For the same reason I expect the rioting and raping and terrorism and hate and filth that Muslim refugees bring with them.

Old 11-08-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
"How many wealthy New York or California families took in the poor black displaced people post Hurricane Katrina? None."

You are comparing apples and oranges. These are not US citizens, Christians...there are Muslim 'refugees' who are raping and stealing and rioting and terrorizing and pooping all over the place. I'm hearing how charitable Muslims are....well, what happened to that charity???

But, since you bring it up, rich AND poor people DID invite poor black displaced people into their homes, .....

For example:
"Following Hurricane Katrina, many residents of Baton Rouge, for example, invited someone to stay in their home; hotels housed displaced families, extended families, and pets; and nearly every large shelter created a clinic run by local doctors and nurses."

Disaster Mythology and Fact: Hurricane Katrina and Social Attachment

......and how much charity was given? How many tax dollars went to Katrina victims?

And what did Opera do? What did Brad Pitt do? Julia Roberts and George Clooney helped bring down food and clothing. Brad Pitt funded the construction of dozens of houses in the Lower Ninth Ward. A Canadian tire-manufacturing billionaire created a community of trailer homes for Katrina evacuees in rural Louisiana and named it after his tire company — “Magnaville." Matthew McConaughey and the baseball player Roger Clemens.....

Private charity was immense. Well over $3 billion. I gave quite a bit to charities that were helping rescue, house and reunite animals with their owners.

How much are Muslims and Muslim countries sending western countries that are taking in Muslim refugees/criminals??

"The same rules apply here. Do you really expect wealthy Arabs to open their borders and homes to a punch of poor and mostly uneducated refugees? "

Of course not. For the same reason I expect the rioting and raping and terrorism and hate and filth that Muslim refugees bring with them.
A few things some Muslims did regarding Katrina

Another story untold: Muslim support for Hurricane Katrina's survivors | SoundVision.com

Special Report: Muslims and Arabs Around the World Organize to Aid Hurricane Katrina Victims | WRMEA

Special Report: Muslims and Arabs Around the World Organize to Aid Hurricane Katrina Victims | WRMEA

Katrina Relief

ALERT: In Response To Hurricane Katrina Disaster | Islamic Circle of North America (ICNA)

Qatar Gives Last Aid to Hurricane Katrina Victims in U.S.

The American Muslim (TAM)

Sacramento Muslims to Hold Benefit Dinner for Katrina Victims and West Africa Food Crisis - Islamic Relief USA

https://books.google.com/books?id=De...ictims&f=false

Old 11-08-2015, 05:12 PM

Wonderful!

Why aren't these amazingly wealthy Muslim countries taking in Muslim refugees and giving them housing, welfare and food? Why do Western countries have to do it?

Why are refugee Muslims rioting and raping and trashing the very countries that are being so good to them and welcoming them in?

How much have the amazingly rich Muslim countries contributed to the care of these Muslim refugees?

"As Amnesty International recently pointed out, the "six Gulf countries — Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain — have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees." This claim was echoed by Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, on Twitter."

But the current gulf aid outlay for Syrian refugees, which amounts to collective donations under $1 billion (the United States has given four times that sum), seems short — and is made all the more galling when you consider the vast sums Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E. poured into this year's war effort in Yemen, an intervention some consider a strategic blunder.

As Bobby Ghosh, managing editor of the news site Quartz, points out, the gulf states in theory have a far greater ability to deal with large numbers of arrivals than Syria's more immediate and poorer neighbors, Lebanon and Jordan:

The region has the capacity to quickly build housing for the refugees. The giant construction companies that have built the gleaming towers of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Riyadh should be contracted to create shelters for the influx. Saudi Arabia has plenty of expertise at managing large numbers of arrivals: It receives an annual surge of millions of Hajj pilgrims to Mecca. There’s no reason all this knowhow can’t be put to humanitarian use.

No reason other than either indifference or a total lack of political will. In social media, many are calling for action. The Arabic hashtag #Welcoming_Syria's_refugees_is_a_Gulf_duty was tweeted more than 33,000 times in the past week, according to the BBC.

"The Gulf must realize that now is the time to change their policy regarding accepting refugees from the Syria crisis," writes the columnist Qassemi. "It is the moral, ethical and responsible step to take."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rias-refugees/

"They've risked their lives to escape war in Syria. Most of Europe has struggled to deal with their masses, and has at least tried to answer a humanitarian call of a magnitude not seen since World War II.

But no Syrian refugees have been resettled in Persian Gulf nations like Kuwait, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates, countries with significant financial and political interest in Syria.

"Other countries need to do more," tweeted Nadim Houry, Human Rights Watch deputy director for the Middle East and North Africa. He called those wealthy countries' inaction on the Syrian refugee crisis "shameful."

Old 11-08-2015, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Wonderful!

Why aren't these amazingly wealthy Muslim countries taking in Muslim refugees and giving them housing, welfare and food? Why do Western countries have to do it?

Why are refugee Muslims rioting and raping and trashing the very countries that are being so good to them and welcoming them in?

How much have the amazingly rich Muslim countries contributed to the care of these Muslim refugees?

"As Amnesty International recently pointed out, the "six Gulf countries — Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain — have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees." This claim was echoed by Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch, on Twitter."

But the current gulf aid outlay for Syrian refugees, which amounts to collective donations under $1 billion (the United States has given four times that sum), seems short — and is made all the more galling when you consider the vast sums Saudi Arabia and the U.A.E. poured into this year's war effort in Yemen, an intervention some consider a strategic blunder.

As Bobby Ghosh, managing editor of the news site Quartz, points out, the gulf states in theory have a far greater ability to deal with large numbers of arrivals than Syria's more immediate and poorer neighbors, Lebanon and Jordan:

The region has the capacity to quickly build housing for the refugees. The giant construction companies that have built the gleaming towers of Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Riyadh should be contracted to create shelters for the influx. Saudi Arabia has plenty of expertise at managing large numbers of arrivals: It receives an annual surge of millions of Hajj pilgrims to Mecca. There’s no reason all this knowhow can’t be put to humanitarian use.

No reason other than either indifference or a total lack of political will. In social media, many are calling for action. The Arabic hashtag #Welcoming_Syria's_refugees_is_a_Gulf_duty was tweeted more than 33,000 times in the past week, according to the BBC.

"The Gulf must realize that now is the time to change their policy regarding accepting refugees from the Syria crisis," writes the columnist Qassemi. "It is the moral, ethical and responsible step to take."

"They've risked their lives to escape war in Syria. Most of Europe has struggled to deal with their masses, and has at least tried to answer a humanitarian call of a magnitude not seen since World War II.

But no Syrian refugees have been resettled in Persian Gulf nations like Kuwait, Bahrain and the United Arab Emirates, countries with significant financial and political interest in Syria.

"Other countries need to do more," tweeted Nadim Houry, Human Rights Watch deputy director for the Middle East and North Africa. He called those wealthy countries' inaction on the Syrian refugee crisis "shameful."

The gulf State Nations are getting considerable criticism from not only non-Muslims but also from non-Arab Muslims.

Out of fairness we really should look at the reasons the Gulf States do not seem to be helping the refugees.

Social media activists are particularly aggressive. They're constantly opening new Facebook and Twitter accounts demanding that Gulf state leaders – “rich men who live in golden palaces” – open their countries to the refugees.

Gulf state pundits are going through contortions trying to explain their leaders’ decision to bar the refugees. Some use the security pretext: These countries are fighting terror at home and fear that Islamic State (also known as ISIS or ISIL) operatives or other terrorists might infiltrate with the refugees.

Others argue that Syrians must be kept in or near their own country so they don’t become a nation of refugees, like the Palestinians. These pundits say that is also why the Gulf states fund refugee camps near Syria’s borders with Turkey and Jordan – so the refugees can go home the moment it becomes possible. But this excuse is easily demolished: Just as millions of pilgrims to Mecca return to their own countries every year, it would also be possible to organize homeward flights for the refugees.
read more: Why the Gulf States Aren't Accepting Syrian Refugees - Middle East - Israel News - Haaretz Israeli News Source

Money not enough - Syrians need refuge

According to Qatar, its official donation alone totals more than $1.6 billion in support for refugees. Indeed, Gulf states are recognised as the top donors to the United Nations. Support for Syrian refugees in terms of educational, medical and housing relief has not been lacking, but critics argue that, more than relief, what is required for refugees is a long-term safe place to live, not merely aid or temporary work visas.

In response, Qatar in particular has emphasised the need to resolve the underlying crisis in Syria and the importance of not draining Syria of the very individuals whom will be required for its reconstruction, namely an educated middle class. For this wealthy Arab state, the solution to the current crisis should focus on its underlying causes and not on the redistribution of populations, which it ultimately regards as critical to the eventual post-conflict national reconstruction efforts.

One aspect of the challenge faced by Gulf states often emphasised by officials is their natural environment. “Qatar has a small population and not much land,” the foreign minister was quick to respond to accusations the state wasn’t meeting its humanitarian obligations. Indeed, the country imports about 93 percent of its food, with less than 15 percent of Qatari land arable and desalination required for virtually 100 percent of its water use.
- See more at: Are Gulf states doing enough for Syrian refugees? | Middle East Eye

There are reasons, however, why Saudi Arabia doesn't let in more people and why the United Arab Emirates prefer to pay to equip and maintain refugee camps in other countries, close to Syrian borders.

An overwhelming majority of the displaced Syrians are Sunni Muslims. Of the paltry 1,519 Syrians the U.S. has taken in since 2011, 1,415 were Sunnis. The Saudi population is also predominantly Sunni. There's a catch, however: Many Sunni areas of Syria have served as a base for the Islamic State, which the Saudi and U.A.E. air forces are helping to bomb. Islamic State is hostile to the Saudi regime, and it's important to them whether the refugees are fleeing Islamic State or the bombings.

Sectarian difficulties have already surfaced in Muslim countries that have been open to displaced Syrians, upsetting often fragile ethnic and religious balances. In Turkey, Syrians initially settled in the province of Hatay, which has a sizable Arab Alawite minority. The local Alawites weren't welcoming and the Turkish government made an effort to resettle the refugees. Elsewhere, it became clear that local Christian minorities were scared of the newcomers, too. Kurdish refugees, though Sunni like most Turks, were best directed to areas with bigger Kurdish populations. In general, the longer the refugees stayed, the more the locals resented them and perceived them as a threat.

Why Don't Gulf States Accept More Refugees? - Bloomberg View

Gulf states say they have in fact taken in hundreds of thousands of Syrians since the civil war there began in 2011, including half a million in Saudi Arabia and 100,000 in the United Arab Emirates - just not as refugees.

Like the rest of the expatriates that form a majority in many Gulf States, Syrians have been admitted mainly as temporary guest workers, which generally means they must have jobs lined up before they arrive, or as their family dependents.

The Gulf monarchies also say they are big humanitarian aid donors, having contributed hundreds of millions of dollars to relief efforts in the region. But that cuts little ice with an increasingly critical humanitarian community.
Unraveling the Gulf states' reluctance to take in Syrian refugees - Middle East - Jerusalem Post

My own opinion on the matter is that because the Gulf states are at war with ISIS and have been Bombing ISIS stronghold, there is fear that members of ISIS will attempt to enter the Gul Nations as refugees. They have stated conquering the Arabian peninsula is one of their goals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam