Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 11:50 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,081,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I cannot state what the Islamic position is on the origin of the Universe. Without that knowledge, I am going out on a limb and make the assumption that it is similar/parallel to that of the Jewish and Christian (aka 'People of the Book') in that there was a starting point called Creation.

Your moniker boldly points out that you are "not-a-theist". Accepting the fact that this post is a drift from the OP, I am in line with the flow the topic has taken. Having said that, I am a believer in creation. Just how it was created leaves me wondering ... 7 days, big bang, what ever ... I don't know. However, all of this didn't just magically appear. The stuff of Day 1 just didn't come from nowhere, just as the energy which precipitated the big ban came from somewhere. The point I am making is there is something "which is greater than Man" out there. I have trouble with the much overused word God ... but all of this is something. As a "not-a-theist" and a person of knowledge of the Quran, what is YOUR perception of the origins and how is that view consistent/opposed to the Islamic text?

El Nox
just providing an Islamic view of creation

To a large extent Islam's ideas of Creation are in agreement with Christian, Jews and Sabeeans. Except we are more adamant in pointing out we do not know how long each Youm was/is. We assume they were very long eras as we are still in the 7th Youm. The word Youm although translated as day and today used for a 24 hour period, actual refers to an unspecified period of time. We believe the universe was created in 7 episodes and we believe we are still in the 7th episode of creation and Allaah(swt) is not resting as the Christians profess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2015, 04:09 AM

282 posts, read 298,267 times
Well, Shiite's religion sounds like Islam but they barely mount up to 5% of Muslims population. Ayatollah term is restricted to them and not used from the rest of Muslims. Ayatollah means very advanced scholar who can innovate some rules. for me they are all misled and pray for Allah to guide them back to pure Islam.( to judge someone that he follows the right Islam, just look to Prophet Mohammad's behaviour and way of life coz that is the pure and the right Islam) what Shia are doing is different from pure Islam's teachings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam