Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 06:55 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Note this is a discussion forum thus anyone can contribute their views within the rules of the forum.
You are not following forum protocols by trying to push the discussion off topic and the OP [re Islam].

No faith issues for me.
As for secular matters, I understand women were not given equal share in the past but the situations are changing in world at present as there are no immutable laws fixed by God like the following;
20:123. He said: Go down hence, both [Adam & Eve] of you, one of you a foe unto the other.

2:223. [O ye Muslims] Your women are a tilth for you (to cultivate) go to your tilth as ye will, and send (good deeds) before you for your souls, and fear Allah, and know that ye will (one day) meet Him. Give glad tidings to believers, (O Muhammad).
lol
All I said was, "Kettle calling the pot black", and you took it to heart?

OK, so Muslim women are opressed, abused, malnourished, uneducated, underprivileged etc.

Now, if you are ready to help this situation, I can create a GoFundMe page for Muslim women, and you start the help campaign by giving a $1000.00 donation.

Let's put our concern into action.

Is that OK?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 06:56 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,164,515 times
"Now, use the oracle of the same normal curve, and see what kind of abuse and misogyny occurs against women in your faith or in your country or in a society that your live in, and worry about them. Fix your own house first. "

Let's look at that. In the society that I live in, it is mainly Christian. I am an atheist woman. I live freely in this society, openly as an atheist. I had a career and hired and fired men. I made more money than most men. I wear pretty much what I like. I say what I feel like saying. I belonged to an atheist group for years, and we met openly in a restaurant. We were never harassed. I have never been harassed by anyone but Muslims, who have threatened to kill me and my family. I have openly gay friends (women) who were not harassed. If a man, even my husband, beats or rapes me, I'll call the police. It's illegal to do that. I lived on my own, went to collage, owned a house, travelled alone, made all my own decisions. I learned critical thinking skills. I've been exposed to all kinds of ideologies. I am treated as an equal to men.

Is that how women live in Muslim countries? If I move to a Muslim country, is that how I can expect to live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH_IH8W0jww

Muhammed and his gang mass raped women.

"O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interruptus?" The Prophet said, "Do you really do that? It is better for you not to do coitus interruptus. A soul that which Allah has destined to exist will surely come into existence.” (Bukhari 34:432)

"The Apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives.
Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

Muhammed sold women.

"Then the apostle sent Sa-d b. Zayd al-Ansari, brother of Abdu'l-Ashal with some of the captive women of Banu Qurayza to Najd and he sold them for horses and weapons." (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham/Hisham 693)

I drove them along until I brought them to Abu Bakr who bestowed that girl upon me as a prize. So we arrived in Medina. I had not yet disrobed her when the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) met me in the street and said: “Give me that girl.” (Sahih Muslim 4345)
The prophet of Islam and his companions used war to collect women for personal sexual use and for trading. Unless she was arbitrarily declared as someone's wife, the woman became a sex slave. In no case was her fate tied to anything that she had personally done, nor was she given a choice about her future.

Muhammed raped a 9 year old child, a 4th grader!

Bukhari vol. 7, #65:
"Narrated Aisha that the prophet wrote the marriage contract with her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old."

Muhammed handed out girls like party favors.

The apostle gave Ali a girl called Rayta; and he gave Uthman a girl called Zaynab; and he gave Umar a girl whom Umar gave to his son Abdullah. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 878)

Read the Quran and you will see that Islam encourages beating wifes and explicitly says women are less than men.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:59 AM

"Now, if you are ready to help this situation, I can create a GoFundMe page for Muslim women, and you start the help campaign by giving a $1000.00 donation."

Exactly how will that help?

Old 11-12-2015, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"Now, use the oracle of the same normal curve, and see what kind of abuse and misogyny occurs against women in your faith or in your country or in a society that your live in, and worry about them. Fix your own house first. "

Let's look at that. In the society that I live in, it is mainly Christian. I am an atheist woman. I live freely in this society, openly as an atheist. I had a career and hired and fired men. I made more money than most men. I wear pretty much what I like. I say what I feel like saying. I belonged to an atheist group for years, and we met openly in a restaurant. We were never harassed. I have never been harassed by anyone but Muslims, who have threatened to kill me and my family. I have openly gay friends (women) who were not harassed. If a man, even my husband, beats or rapes me, I'll call the police. It's illegal to do that. I lived on my own, went to collage, owned a house, travelled alone, made all my own decisions. I learned critical thinking skills. I've been exposed to all kinds of ideologies. I am treated as an equal to men.

Is that how women live in Muslim countries? If I move to a Muslim country, is that how I can expect to live?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH_IH8W0jww

Muhammed and his gang mass raped women.

"O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interruptus?" The Prophet said, "Do you really do that? It is better for you not to do coitus interruptus. A soul that which Allah has destined to exist will surely come into existence.†(Bukhari 34:432)

"The Apostle of Allah sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives.
Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

Muhammed sold women.

"Then the apostle sent Sa-d b. Zayd al-Ansari, brother of Abdu'l-Ashal with some of the captive women of Banu Qurayza to Najd and he sold them for horses and weapons." (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham/Hisham 693)

I drove them along until I brought them to Abu Bakr who bestowed that girl upon me as a prize. So we arrived in Medina. I had not yet disrobed her when the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) met me in the street and said: “Give me that girl.†(Sahih Muslim 4345)
The prophet of Islam and his companions used war to collect women for personal sexual use and for trading. Unless she was arbitrarily declared as someone's wife, the woman became a sex slave. In no case was her fate tied to anything that she had personally done, nor was she given a choice about her future.

Muhammed raped a 9 year old child, a 4th grader!

Bukhari vol. 7, #65:
"Narrated Aisha that the prophet wrote the marriage contract with her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old."

Muhammed handed out girls like party favors.

The apostle gave Ali a girl called Rayta; and he gave Uthman a girl called Zaynab; and he gave Umar a girl whom Umar gave to his son Abdullah. (Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 878)

Read the Quran and you will see that Islam encourages beating wifes and explicitly says women are less than men.
lol hahaha
So now, it's all about "I"?
Or do you want me to throw some US State department's statistics about abuse against women in the society you live in free ?

Old 11-12-2015, 08:34 AM

"Or do you want me to throw some US State department's statistics about abuse against women in the society you live in free ?"

Why would you do that on the Islamic forum? But go ahead, and be sure to post the US law that allows/encourages that behavior.

Old 11-12-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"Or do you want me to throw some US State department's statistics about abuse against women in the society you live in free ?"

Why would you do that on the Islamic forum? But go ahead, and be sure to post the US law that allows/encourages that behavior.
so you are saying the law is there but it's not followed by many people that's why there is rampant abuse against women in a society you live in?

Old 11-12-2015, 09:42 AM

Of course. Although 'rampant abuse' is an overstatement. I am also saying that these crimes are not done in the name of one religion that promotes such behavior....yet. Although like Europe, when the Muslim population grows, so will the crime rate.

Let's compare the USA with Muslim countries:

Maps

Old 11-12-2015, 11:50 AM

299 posts, read 316,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
so you are saying the law is there but it's not followed by many people that's why there is rampant abuse against women in a society you live in?
Law is there and it's not followed by some people, mostly where there is poverty, mental health issues and substance abuse.

Nowehere in western society violence against women is acceptable, nor is sexual harrassment. As a western woman in any country in Europe; US, Australia, Canada I am free to wear what I want and have as many sexual partners as I want. I would not have the same freedom in any Muslim country, in fact my life would be at risk if I wanted to leave freely even as a non muslim woman.

Egypt has the highest rate in the world of female genital mutilations. In Saudi Arabia few years ago authorities did not allow firefighters to enter school for females, which was on fire, because the girls didn't have their hair covered. As a result they all burnt to death. In Afghanistan women are treated like cattle by non talibans.

Now female genital mutilation has spread to Europe and Australia. In Sweden 30 Muslim immigrant girls in one school were discovered to be mutilated.

Why are Muslim men so insecure and scared of women?

Old 11-12-2015, 05:36 PM

European Anna, great post. Sadly, in Western countries, this is starting to happen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rother...tation_scandal

Muslims come into Western countries and start raping the women and girls and children who live there and because of political correctness they get away with it.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:57 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,644,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
lol
All I said was, "Kettle calling the pot black", and you took it to heart?

OK, so Muslim women are opressed, abused, malnourished, uneducated, underprivileged etc.

Now, if you are ready to help this situation, I can create a GoFundMe page for Muslim women, and you start the help campaign by giving a $1000.00 donation.

Let's put our concern into action.

Is that OK?
You did not get my point.

I acknowledge the fact in the past there have prevalent abuses of women and lack of equality toward women within humanity but there are improvements in the secular world because there are no God's law to hinder continual improvements.

It is not the case of "Kettle calling the pot black" and there is a big difference.
I am pointing out the Islamic attitude towards women is eternally evil because the condoning of women as inferior and sanctioning their abuse within God's Law. There is no room for Islam to improve on this as God's Law is immutable and Muslim women will be suffering eternally.

I will not be giving you a single cent as any attempt to improve is a lost cause from the start as it ultimately rest of God's Law which cannot be changed.
As long as Islam exists, SOME [20% = 150 million men] Muslim men will continue to regard women as inferior beings and abuse them because Allah sanction such acts in the Quran.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam