Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 11:27 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,164,794 times

Advertisements

"I am all for arresting and convicting violent criminals of any description. Their religion is immaterial."

Then you would be all for wiping out Islam. Muhammed was a most violent criminal. Rape, murder, pedophilia, slavery, torture.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 11:29 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,367,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazira View Post
There's ugly people everywhere.
I remember those ones :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Behring_Breivik

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luka_Magnotta

I think it's not necessary to point out other people, there's crazy and bad people everywhere.
I also hear a lot about school shootings, child abuse or serial killers who happen to be caucasians.

This is also true. However, certain social and racial groups may have a cultural bias towards violence or crime.

https://abagond.wordpress.com/2013/0...-than-muslims/

Quote:
Murder rate: White America, like most Christian countries in the Americas, Africa and Eastern Europe, is markedly more violent than most of the Middle East (murders per 100,000 population):
  • 0.6 Bahrain
  • 0.7 Oman
  • 0.8 United Arab Emirates
  • 0.9 Qatar
  • 1.0 Saudi Arabia
  • 1.2 Egypt
  • 1.7 Cyprus
  • 1.8 Jordan
  • 2.0 Iraq
  • 2.1 Israel
  • 2.2 Kuwait
  • 2.2 Lebanon
  • 2.3 Syria
  • 3.0 Iran
  • 3.3 Turkey
  • 3.4 WHITE AMERICA
  • 4.1 Palestine
  • 4.2 Yemen
Let us carefully look at this (rather skewed) statistic claiming White America is more violent. White America represents a violent population, maybe, and it's easy to blame Americans for violence. Until you understand that America is a huge landmass, 9,826,630 sq km. At 3.4% of world violence per that, this is rather small. However, you are counting a rather small landmass of just the Middle East (not counting Russian -stan countries like Uzbekistan). Further, if we add this together (since this is all Muslim countries) and subtract Jewish or Christian murders from Palestine and Egypt (let's say, reduce Egypt to 0.6 and Israel to 1.0). Hmmmm, so... even halving the amount in Israel and Egypt thinking other religions are also responsible too... Yeah, I'm getting 30.2% of all violence worldwide, just in the Middle East.

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.c...-demographics/
http://mrconservative.com/2014/11/52...ims-go-insane/

Just 5% is enough to get them to bully a country. Do you know any other religious group that tries this? Fundamentalist Christians? Not even close.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 11-12-2015 at 11:43 AM..

Old 11-12-2015, 12:44 PM

1,145 posts, read 1,012,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I've thought for a while that hijab will become a fashion trend in western europe and the us in the near future - these photos show why.

That will be an interesting development, as a religious symbol morphs into a fashion statement.

I am all for arresting and convicting violent criminals of any description. Their religion is immaterial.

It was a fashjon statement in the sixties

Old 11-12-2015, 12:56 PM

Tell me what kind of "fashion trend" you think it is when people are required to wear burka.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/raheel-...b_8189112.html

Old 11-12-2015, 01:27 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times
None of the women pictured is in Iraq, Afghanistan and a few other countries in the middle east. Muslims in other parts of the world can dress freely. United Arab Emirates women arent shackled by the extreme muslim teachings that terror groups adhere to which is a perverse interpretaion and allows Sharia law. The extreme muslim and Mohammed follower arent educated enough to know not to kill daughters,wives etc in honor killings to remove shame from the family name. Not many men are killed for shaming the family or their religion. Funny how that works. Whats also mind boggleing is they travel to foreign countries, enjoy the pleasures and sin offered in those countries and then judge those nations as heretics and evil. Please note this is not to denounce the beliefs of muslims in general it is ridiculing those groups who twisted and perverted Islam and you know who you are. Every religion has their twisted factions and we also know who they are.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:34 PM

144 posts, read 206,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
This is also true. However, certain social and racial groups may have a cultural bias towards violence or crime.

A full one-third of global homicides occur in Latin America, even though the region has just 8% of the world's population, according to UN data.
Drug trafficking, gang wars, political instability, corruption, and poverty contribute to the region's elevated violence.

The 50 Most Violent Cities In The World - Business Insider

1. San Pedro Sula, Honduras had 171.20 homicides per 100,000 residents.

14. Cape Town, South Africa had 60 homicides per 100,000 residents.

19. St. Louis, Missouri had 49.93 homicides per 100,000 residents.

26. Kingston, Jamaica had 40.59 homicides per 100,000 residents.

35. Nelson Mandela Bay, South Africa had 34.89 homicides per 100,000 residents.

Those are not countries in war.

Quote:
Let us carefully look at this (rather skewed) statistic claiming White America is more violent. White America represents a violent population, maybe, and it's easy to blame Americans for violence. Until you understand that America is a huge landmass, 9,826,630 sq km. At 3.4% of world violence per that, this is rather small. However, you are counting a rather small landmass of just the Middle East (not counting Russian -stan countries like Uzbekistan). Further, if we add this together (since this is all Muslim countries) and subtract Jewish or Christian murders from Palestine and Egypt (let's say, reduce Egypt to 0.6 and Israel to 1.0). Hmmmm, so... even halving the amount in Israel and Egypt thinking other religions are also responsible too... Yeah, I'm getting 30.2% of all violence worldwide, just in the Middle East.

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.c...-demographics/
New Hampshire Republicans Stick it to Sharia Law, Muslims Go Insane | MrConservative.com | Mr. Conservative is the top website for news, political cartoons, breaking news, republican election news, conservative facts and commentary on political elect

Just 5% is enough to get them to bully a country. Do you know any other religious group that tries this? Fundamentalist Christians? Not even close.

I don't blame anyone for violence, because violence exist everywhere.

Do you know how much inhabitants in USA ? Something like 320 millions.
When you say "Middle east" what do you mean ? who do you include ?
Arab world is around 400 millions but do you count north africa in the "middle east" ?

You want to compare a region with revolutions, occupations, wars with a pretty safe country like USA ?

In Latin America there's a lot of violence yet people are in majority christians.
In USA the majority of people in jail seem to be blacks and latinos yet most of them seem to be christians.
What about the violence in South Africa, Congo, Rwanda with a majority of christians ?
What about the violence against Bosnians (muslims) from Serbians (christians) ?

Less than 10 years ago there was a war in Georgia, now in Criméa.
In the 90s it was against the Bosnians, then the Kosovo
Are est-european people violent or is it politic ?

Same for arab/muslim countries. Are people violent or is it politic, economic etc ?

Old 11-12-2015, 02:01 PM

Actually, I know about the violence in Latin America.

TransRespect-Transphobia - TDOR 2013

It's mostly against transgender people.

In Honduras, however, it has a ton of reasons. None of them religious.

Quote:
While Brazil, Mexico, and the USA have the highest absolute numbers, the relative numbers show even more worrisome results for some countries with smaller population sizes. Honduras, for instance, has a rate of 1.5 reported trans killings per million inhabitants
South Africa has apartheid. This is black on black and black on white violence. Right now, violence against foreigners.

Jamaica, again, LGBT homophobia.

Missouri, if I had to guess, racism.

None of these are about religion.

The violence in Africa is not about religion either, because for the average Christian their religion is secondary to their personal bigotry. The difference, is that for a Muslim, it is ALWAYS about religion. Because Muslims have a superiority complex and think that the world will be at peace when they have a 100% majority. Actually, it will be at peace when people agree to stop killing each other. When people live in their own lands, and stop invading others. Which Muslims increasingly tend to do.

By Middle East, I mean that entire area. All the areas that they cited other than the US (including Israel), I added up. This is where I got this number.

Quote:
You want to compare a region with revolutions, occupations, wars with a pretty safe country like USA ?
Why do you think one area has violence, while this one does not?

I do not think Jews in Israel go around provoking conflict with Muslims. Nor do I think Buddhists in Burma pick fights with Muslims. There is a common link here.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 11-12-2015 at 02:30 PM..

Old 11-12-2015, 02:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
"I am all for arresting and convicting violent criminals of any description. Their religion is immaterial."

Then you would be all for wiping out Islam. Muhammed was a most violent criminal. Rape, murder, pedophilia, slavery, torture.....
What part of "their religion is immaterial" do you not understand?

You can find plenty of violence in the adherents of any religion, including - to my great disappointment - buddhists.

If a muslim man rapes a woman, throw the (law) book at him.

If a christian man rapes a woman, throw the (law) book at him.

If a jewish man rapes a woman, throw the (law) book at him.

If a hindu man rapes a woman, throw the (law) book at him.

If a buddhist man rapes a woman, throw the (law) book at him.

If an animist man rapes a woman, throw the (law) book at him.

If a sikh man rapes a woman, throw the (law) book at him.

If an odinist man rapes a woman, throw the (law) book at him.

If an atheist man rapes a woman, throw the (law) book at him.

Etc. I know this is a difficult concept, but since you can read, I have faith in your ability to eventually grasp it.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:48 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Tell me what kind of "fashion trend" you think it is when people are required to wear burka.

As a Muslim, I Think Canada Should Ban the Niqab and Burka in Public*|*Raheel Raza
I doubt very much that western european women will ever think of the burka as a fashion statement. And I think you mistake the meaning of fashion statement if you really believe that it has anything to do with being forced.

Old 11-12-2015, 02:49 PM

That would be fine. But for the fact that Muslims frequently use prisons as places to proselytize.

Quote:
At 2% to 5% (of the population), they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs.
If Muslims break laws, you would be better off exiling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg
I doubt very much that western european women will ever think of the burka as a fashion statement. And I think you mistake the meaning of fashion statement if you really believe that it has anything to do with being forced.
Burka is part of Sharia law. I know what a fashion statement is, and no it has nothing to do with being forced. But when your country is taken over, it ceases to be a fashion statement, no?

Is a yarmulke a fashion statement? What about Buddhist robes? No, these things are not, and should not be thought of as fashion items.

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 11-12-2015 at 02:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam