Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 06:20 AM

8,318 posts, read 4,290,523 times

Advertisements

If they do not, I am afraid every Muslim will be branded as a terrorist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2015, 04:06 PM

2,415 posts, read 2,007,786 times
Islam (fairly or unfairly) has a pretty bad image these days - talk to people in many countries and ask them which religious 'group' is more inclined toward violence and 'terrorism' - I think that Islam will come up fairly often.

Old 12-03-2015, 06:06 PM

1,601 posts, read 1,155,528 times
People I speak with who used to defend Muslims are pretty quiet these days. People who used to think that most Muslims are OK are changing their minds and are suspicious of all Muslims now. People who were suspicious of Muslims don't have suspicion any more.

Old 12-03-2015, 11:22 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,621,617 times
I have the following views on the Islam issue;

Note the following facts;
1. DNA wise ALL humans [including Muslims] are potentially beasts [evil].
2. Appx. 20% are evil prone due to lack of impulse control [in degrees].
3. More than 55% of the 6,236 verses in the Quran [large % in other texts] contain evil laden elements.
4. The combination of 2 & 3 enable the emergence of Islam-Inspired evils and violence.

If we are to apply an effective problem solving technique to the above root causes, theoretically, the most effective approach would be to get rid of the 55% of evil elements in the Quran. Thence no Muslims will be able to rely on the Quran [words of Allah] to commit evils and violence in the name of Islam, Allah and Muhammad. QED.

Therefore it would not be effective to blame Muslims and even those evil prone Muslims because they are evil as a result of their DNA structure and it is natural 20% are evil prone due to lack of impulse control in the brain and mind. Obviously humanity has to resolve this lack of impulse control but this cause is not the ultimate root cause of Islam-inspired-violence.

While we have identified the ultimate root cause as the 55% of evil laden elements in the Quran [& Ahadiths, ethos, etc.] there is a catch-22 here. The problem is the Quran as the words of the infallible Allah cannot be edited, changed nor removed. So we have to address and tackle this dilemma.

For Muslims to take an active role to tackle terrorism they must first acknowledge Islam has two truths, i.e. it comprised both good and evil laden elements. They must openly acknowledge the existence and denounced these evil laden elements in the Quran and in other aspects of the religion. They should not give silly and evasive excuses to defend these evil laden elements.

Another critical point is the non-Muslims apologists must also recognize the existence of those evil laden elements within Islam and the fact that they catalyze and inspired SOME from the pool of evil prone Muslims to commit terrible evils and violence.

Since the ultimate root cause is the 55% of evil laden elements in the Quran [in Hadiths, ethos of Islam] and getting rid of these will prevent 100% of Islam-inspired-violence, I think we can give all Muslims a break by not blaming them.
In this case it is not their fault [totally] because they are born with a high inclination due to their DNA. However humanity must address [via neuroscience, genomics, psychology, etc.] this DNA inherent evil inclination from now into the future and this will reduce all other general types evils and violence.

Old 12-04-2015, 01:05 PM

8,318 posts, read 4,290,523 times
I have no idea what DNA has to do with ideology. It sounds an attempt to connect race to religious belief. You can read about Hitler to see how that works.

All I am saying is that there is no one in a better position to infiltrate and expose a radical, Islamic terrorist other than another Muslim.

About the only involvement you see from the Muslim faith in general is lip service that denies they are involved in radical factions.

In my opinion, if the Muslim faithful truly believed terrorism and groups like ISIS were actually giving their faith a bad name, they would be up in arms by the hundreds of thousands, or millions, to squash radicalism and those that preach it. But you just don't see it. So what is the rest of the world to think?

Old 12-04-2015, 06:10 PM

21,874 posts, read 19,025,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
But you just don't see it. So what is the rest of the world to think?
their silence is approval

Old 12-04-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
It is. After these terrible attacks, they are worried about their own reputations. They start crying discrimination. And they even fake their own attacks against themselves.

And they never, ever question Islam. They just keep lying about how peaceful it is.

Did the family of these Muslim terrorists turn them in? No. Were other Muslims supporting them? You bet.

Old 12-04-2015, 10:17 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,621,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
I have no idea what DNA has to do with ideology. It sounds an attempt to connect race to religious belief. You can read about Hitler to see how that works.
Wonder why you are so impulsive on that 'sounding'.

Note,
1. DNA wise ALL humans [including Muslims] are potentially beasts [evil].
2. Appx. 20% of ALL humans are evil prone due to lack of impulse control [in degrees].
3. Therefore there are 1.4 billion [20% of 7 billion] of humans who are evil prone.

Where does it imply race at all in the above 1-3.
It simply means if you take any large group of humans in any category, 20% are evil prone.
It can be any category, i.e. sex, religion, race, ideology, location, age, etc.
In this case I was referring to Muslims, i.e, out of 1.5 billion, thus 300 million [20%] are evil prone.

Perhaps you were not aware of this fact, i.e.
DNA wise humans are 96-98% similarly to the next beasts, the primates.
This also imply the human brain is 96-98% similar to the nearest beasts.
If you understand human nature you will note many humans can turn to be beasts at the slightest triggers, that is why we have so many in prisons and terrible evils and violence are committed all over the world.

My point is this;
We have a pool of 300 million [20%] potential evil prone Muslims who are exposed to the loads of evil laden elements in the Quran. This is the recipe for the terrible evils and violence that has been committed by SOME evil prone Muslims ever since Islam emerged within humanity.
All Muslims must wake up the above fact and recognize Islam-in-part is inherently evil beside its good.

Old 12-05-2015, 07:31 AM

144 posts, read 204,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
The majority of muslims are vitims in case you forget.

Maybe you should look at all the links given in other threads in particular by Woodrow Li.
But as always people never take the time to read them.

Maybe you should read/watch more appropriate Medias because you seem to not see what's really going on in the world.

A Skynews fan maybe.

Again today a bomb attack in lebanon. But as the victims are muslims who care ?

I guess as almost every day, irakies have probably died. Again muslims so unoticed.

As for the question asked concerning fighting terrorism it's a complicated thing.
First, the west should work more with the muslims (the Imams, the associations) and also close the internet pages who recrute people and promote extremism/terrorism (Twitter, Facebook etc).

They also should close the extremist chanels (via their satelites).

As for muslim countries, the governements have sometimes their interests with those extremists.
In general : they want to show that they (the dictators) are the only ones who can control the extremist groups.

The us allies (KSA, Qatar; Egypt etc) are those who gave money to those etremist groups, and the us and europeans did too.

Bashar was in part responsible of this and who is supporting him ? Russia. Again for their interests.
Al Maliki oppressed the Sunnis and let Daesh enter in Irak. Who put him in power ? USA.

To fight terrorism it must me done not by some protest in the streets or some Twitter announces or campaign in Facebook, internet like we have seen many.

This is not what will stop the terrorism. You should record that in your mind.
Do you remember the campaigns against terrorism, extremism, racism ? Was is effective ?

Who remember the letter of a hundred muslim theolocians to (against) Al Baghdadi ???

GO READ IT HERE IF YOU DIDN'T YET :

Letter to Baghdadi - Open Letter to BaghdadiOpen Letter to Baghdadi

THE CAMPAIGNS WHO DIDN'T SERVE UNFORTUNATELY, and who will be asked again and again to muslims.

Not in my name : https://www.google.fr/search?q=not+i...m7O4T4aomjodgH

Jews & muslims don't want to be ennemies : https://twitter.com/hashtag/jewsanda...usetobeenemies

Old 12-05-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazira View Post
The majority of muslims are vitims in case you forget.

Maybe you should look at all the links given in other threads in particular by Woodrow Li.
But as always people never take the time to read them.
I am more interested in the Quran and hadiths than a few photos.

Why do Muslims contiunue to be Muslims when they know that Muhammed raped a 9 year old child, let his men mass rape captive women (with allah's approval and in front of their husbands, or after seeing Muhammed and his men slaughter their husbands, fathers and sons), own and trade slaves, sell women, demand terrorism and hate.....WHY??

Why would someone that is good want to submit to such evil and hate and perversion?

Muslims are taught to fool the infidels. Could that be happening here? I know Muslims who were so nice to me...until I asked a few of the wrong questions. Then it was all hate.

You are responsible for the ideology you choose. Your belief system represents YOU. Islam is an evil ideology based on hate and power lust and terrorism and human rights abuses....and it is all documented in the Quran and hadiths.

".... Farook had recently got into a heated argument with colleague Nicholas Thalasinos, a Messianic Jew, who was named as one of his victims.
Thalasinos, a county restaurant inspector, was said to regularly discuss politics and religion with Farook.
Colleague Kuuleme Stephen said that when she had called Thalasinos at work he told her he was having a heated discussion with Farook about Islam who had told him Islam was a peaceful religion and that Americans do not understand Islam."

Sound familiar? Soon after this Farook opened fire and slaughtered 14 people, injuring many more.

Muslim San Bernardino gunman was 'radicalized by known terrorists' before shooting | Daily Mail Online

“He was quiet but always polite,” Maria Gutierrez told The News. “Maybe two years ago he became more religious. He grew a beard and started to wear religious clothing. The long shirt that’s like a dress and the cap on his head.” - neighbor of the Muslim that just slaughtered 14 people

"San Bernardino Jihadists’ Neighbors Didn’t Report Suspicions Out of Fear of Being Called RACIST"

When the Islamic State entered the Syrian city of Hassakè, prompting a mass exodus of Christians, many “moderate” Muslims joined ranks with IS, instantly turning on their longtime Christian neighbors.

"We knew our Muslim neighbours all our lives. Yes, we knew the Diab family were quite radical, but we thought they would never betray us. We ate with them. We are one people.
A few of the Diab family had left months ago and we guessed they were with the Nusra [al-Qaeda front]. But their wives and children were still here. We looked after them. Then, two days before the Nusra attacked, the families suddenly left the town. We didn’t know why. And then our neighbours led our enemies in among us. We had excellent relations. It never occurred to us that Muslim neighbours would betray us." - Georgios, a man from the ancient Christian town of Ma‘loula

"We left because they were trying to kill us. . . . They wanted to kill us because we were Christians. They were calling us Kaffirs [infidels], even little children saying these things. Those who were our neighbors turned against us. At the end, when we ran away, we went through balconies. We did not even dare go out on the street in front of our house. " A teenage Christian girl from Homs, Syria

"A triple homicide was committed in Waltham, in the U.S. state of Massachusetts, on the evening of September 11, 2011.[2][3] Brendan Mess, Erik Weissman, and Raphael Teken were murdered in Mess's apartment. All had their throats slit from ear to ear, with such great force that they were nearly decapitated. Thousands of dollars' worth of marijuana and money were left covering their mutilated bodies, and $5,000 was left at the scene. The local district attorney said that it appeared that the killer and the victims knew each other, and that the murders were not random.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the deceased suspect in the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings, had previously described murder victim Brendan Mess as his best friend, though before Mess was murdered there had been animosity between Tsarnaev and Mess over Mess's "lifestyle". After the bombings and subsequent revelations of Tsarnaev's personal life, the Waltham murders case was reexamined in April 2013 with Tsarnaev as a new suspect.[2] ABC reported that authorities believe Tsarnaev may have been responsible for the triple homicide, that forensic evidence connected him to the scene of the killings, and that their cell phone records placed them in the area.[4] While police in the first investigation said that victims were killed on September 12, The Boston Globe, Boston Herald, and The Wall Street Journal reported that at least one relative of the victims believe that the killings took place on September 11.[2][5]"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_W..._triple_murder

"I can’t tell you exactly, but it has to be religion. It has to be religion. They constantly asked us to convert, but we refused. Before this, they never mentioned it. Prior, we thought of each other as family. But I say, it has to be religion."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr2rRJ8NpQY

Muhammad ibn Jarir at-Tabari (d. 923), author of a standard and authoritative commentary of the Koran, writes:

If you [Muslims] are under their [non-Muslims’] authority, fearing for yourselves, behave loyally to them with your tongue while harboring inner animosity for them … [know that] Allah has forbidden believers from being friendly or on intimate terms with the infidels rather than other believers—except when infidels are above them [in authority]. Should that be the case, let them act friendly towards them while preserving their religion.

Ibn Kathir (d. 1373), another prime authority on the Koran, writes:

The Most High said, “[u]nless you but guard yourselves against them, taking precautions”—that is, whoever at any time or place fears their evil may protect himself through outward show—not sincere conviction. As al-Bukhari records through Abu al-Darda the words [of the Prophet], “Truly, we grin to the faces of some peoples, while our hearts curse them.”

Let not the believers Take for friends or helpers Unbelievers rather than believers: if any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah: except by way of precaution, that ye may Guard yourselves from them. But Allah cautions you (To remember) Himself; for the final goal is to Allah. Quran 3:28
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam