Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2015, 02:44 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
Maybe its about time they find out how we really feel. We've done the PC dance for so long they actually believe they are accepted here Perhaps a little more honesty would be in order. What do they really expect---that we would continue to accept their superiority attitude? Its ok for them to murder us, but we're not supposed to even have a reaction? They should get used to it and expect even more, this country is sick of effacing ourselves
I wasn't aware these two women were found guilty of murder or found out to be accomplices in any terrorist attack against non-Muslims.

Link to that breaking news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 02:53 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,604,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Oh, to use your example, just like all those people who put away their Confederate flags and clothing and didn't protest their right and freedom to display them, right after the Charleston shooting, right?
Yeah, there was no backlash or debate from the pro-Confederate flag people, and definitely not any on C-D.

106 pages of non debating.

Mkay.
And let me guess which side you were on.......I guess the tables are turned now, and your flipping like a fish out of water. Yea, I get it.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:00 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,286,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Religious beliefs?
Islam is a political system, disguised as a religion, bent on world domination.
Imagine those scarves as NAZI SWASTIKAS and "SS" eagles, and see if the outrage remains the same.
. . .
Since ISLAM requires the destruction of all infidel governments, they are self professed ENEMIES of the USA - a federal offense.

See: 18 U.S.C. § 2385
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385
Since Hitler misused Swastika, even Hindus can't use them without fear so symbol associated with something bad does bring hatred and other consequences.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I wasn't aware these two women were found guilty of murder or found out to be accomplices in any terrorist attack against non-Muslims.

Link to that breaking news?
It's a choice to wear a head scarf. A Muslim woman with a head scarf just blew away 14 people her husband pretended to be friends with, who gave her baby gifts.
You don't think people would fear a woman in a head scarf right now?

Unless they have to because of Muslim law. Wearing the hijab was enforced by the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. The Taliban's Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan required women to cover not only their head but their face as well, because "the face of a woman is a source of corruption" for men not related to them.
The only Muslim factor that requires the head scarf are terrorist extremists. Non radical Muslims DO NOT require they wear it. So WHY would you choose to wear it right now? You either want controversy or you are required to wear it because it's the law for a terrorist.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppySead View Post
And let me guess which side you were on.......I guess the tables are turned now, and your flipping like a fish out of water. Yea, I get it.
Nope. I was in the camp that you can display the Confederate flag if you want.

Nice try, though. Nice deflection.

Oh, just in case you think I'm lying.

Quote:
Your post is worded in such a way that suggest that those who fly it do not use it as a symbol of racism.

I personally do not care who flies the flag, black, white, etc, nor what their intentions or beliefs are.

The flying of the flag does get a lot of people worked up, it's not limited to one group of people.
Oops.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:04 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I think as muslims, and living in TEXAS especically. They should be prepared for stuff like that to happen. I barely see muslims out here in austin. I maybe see one or two month...
Or they don't wear hijab or other traditional clothing. My sister-in-law is from the Middle East and she wears Western clothing 99.9% of the time.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,610,392 times
Quote:
It's a choice to wear a head scarf. A Muslim woman with a head scarf just blew away 14 people her husband pretended to be friends with, who gave her baby gifts.

Unless they have to because of Muslim law. Wearing the hijab was enforced by the Taliban regime in Afghanistan. The Taliban's Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan required women to cover not only their head but their face as well, because "the face of a woman is a source of corruption" for men not related to them.
The only Muslim factor that requires the head scarf are terrorist extremists. Non radical Muslims DO NOT require they wear it. So WHY would you choose to wear it right now? You either want controversy or you are required to wear it because it's the law for a terrorist.

Are you also afraid of black people? People with tattoos? Or long hair? Where does this end with you?

These women were born here and are American. For all any of you know, they lost relatives in the 9/11 attack.

This must have been what it sounded like when discussing black people in the 1950's.

If you're that fearful of any woman wearing a head scarf, you don't get out enough.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:11 PM

A 'fashion accessory' from Koranic times?
If this argument is accepted, one can also abandon the Koranic demand for additional covering, directed towards women in Early Arabic tribal society. What would still initially remain is the khim̢r, the head covering that was part of women's clothing at that time. The Koran neither speaks against nor in any way emphasises that form of covering. God uses the word only once in the Koran (24:31). That occurs in passing in connection with a call for moral behaviour. So there is no Koranic emphasis on such head covering. However, if God had required a special head covering, would He not have said so explicitly? The khim̢r thus merely constitutes a 'fashion accessory' according to the spirit of that age. Viewed rationally, functions consciously or unconsciously associated with head coverings across the course of history Рsuch as protection against sand or evil influences Рare all superannuated today and have lost their validity.
https://en.qantara.de/content/the-ge...ar-a-headscarf

There is NO NEED to wear the head covering. The only ones who still HAVE to wear it or get punished are radical Muslim women. Why do you think the guy who blew away his co workers was searching for a wife in a burka?

Old 12-08-2015, 03:13 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,470,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Or they don't wear hijab or other traditional clothing. My sister-in-law is from the Middle East and she wears Western clothing 99.9% of the time.
Not all Middle Eastern people are Muslims a quite a few in Nashville that are Christian especially the Lebanese and Jordanians.

Old 12-08-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:

I can take this same example, and replace the underlined with "a white man who was pictured with a Confederate flag killed 9 people and he pretended to fellowship with them in church." You don't think there were/are black people who were scared when they saw/see anyone with a Confederate flag??

And you aren't required to fly the Confederate flag under any law or religion, so why were some so adamant to still be able to fly it (not only on their property, but on government buildings)? Well by your logic, they want controversy or they are required to wear it because it's the law for a racist. Does that make sense to you?

You know what's interesting? I looked up your posts in that thread. You weren't in that thread saying those who publicly display Confederate flag paraphernalia should stop doing so for a week or two, out of respect for the Charleston victims, like you are here in this thread. Can't have it both ways.

Ho hum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam