Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:48 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,623,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
As a Liberal I feel if you are going to wear your religion on your sleeve (in this case your head), don't whine when your religion is discussed.

I will not respect Islam more than other religions, infact I will judge based on the abysmal human rights record in the vast numbers of Muslim countries.

Islam has no place in a civilized society!
Please, don't impugn liberals with your claim to be liberal.

Is that what those people were doing? 'Discussing'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2015, 09:48 AM

613 posts, read 744,570 times
Just go home.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:49 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,157,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
Just go home.
Nah, they're UT students, and neither of them feel like going back to Chicago or Seattle right now.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
did you read the article I posted? they were completely shocked, and said as much more than once.

right, wrong or indifferent, people are pissed, angry and scared, and lashing out.
Why should they be scared when they are all packing heat, as I read right here on C-D all the time?

Scared people should not carry weapons!

On the other hand, why wouldn't those women be shocked? This, after all, is supposed to be America, where we are free to practice our religion.

I guess those women just took that part of our constitution 'too literally'???

Old 12-08-2015, 09:53 AM

2,362 posts, read 1,915,502 times
this is not a religious belief
this is sharia law...something that has NO place in our country

Old 12-08-2015, 09:57 AM

30,099 posts, read 18,921,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Those scarves are part of their religious beliefs.

It bothers me that people think its just fine to tell people to leave our country because of dislike of one's dress or religion. WTF is wrong with this country?
Tired of Muslims killing innocent people. Tired of our Liberals giving Muslims a pass for raping young girls, chopping people's heads off, throwing gays off buildings, turning Christian and yaddizi girls into sex slaves, blocking Christians escaping Muslim oppression while letting in ISIS Muslims as 'refugees,' and trying to kill the 1st amendment allowing people to criticize a warped religion (philosophy) that says it's okay to do all the things they are in fact doing in the name of the religion.

Old 12-08-2015, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Let me go roam Basrah, see what their kind will do to me. I guarantee it will be A LOT worse than just telling me to go back to America.
That is one of the things that make America great, isn't it? America is not Basrah.

Why are people so willing to throw away our constitutional rights and trash our very concepts of personal freedom that make America a place where many people want to live?

Old 12-08-2015, 10:00 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,483,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Actually it IS a crime to verbally assault someone to the point where they feel threatened for their physical safety. It's Simple Assault. I'm not sure what part of this isn't clear. This isn't a "liberal bias" or anything else. I could give a crap either way, but the fact is, if you start yelling at someone and they feel afraid for their safety and that it could escalate to harm, you are committing assault.

It's a Class A Misdemeanor in Texas, but nonetheless, it is a crime. Voicing your opinion in a public forum is not the same as picking an individual an berating them directly.

I don't know why this is so complicated for people.
I don't know why you are pressing this point. Had he committed a crime, I am quite certain that they would have had him arrested. Neither of the women said anything however about feeling threatened by his comments. They were offended and hurt by his words and because the manager did not throw him out and because the patrons did not defend them. Neither woman uttered a word about feeling scared for their safety. I certainly wouldn't be calling this a non-issue had he crossed that line. But he didn't.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:00 AM

1,261 posts, read 946,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
this is not a religious belief
this is sharia law...something that has NO place in our country
What is sharia law? Choosing to wear a scarf on one's head?

Old 12-08-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbkr5 View Post
At this moment in time I am completely shocked!

I am in 100% agreement with a LIBERAL!!!!!!

AMERICA! Love it or GET THE HELL OUT!!!!!
Gollum is not a liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam