Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 01:52 PM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
You will find that very few if any Muslims interpret any ayyats as promoting or condoning hatred and violence.
Not only hatred, and violence but evil and injustice as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2016, 02:07 PM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Not only hatred, and violence but evil and injustice as well.
True

Old 02-21-2016, 11:18 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,645,802 times
Quote:
I have heard you say several rtimes that you cross-reference 40+ translations. but I still find your views to be considerably differenrt from what most Muslims believe. I do not question your having done much research, but I find your understanding to be much different from how Muslims actually understand the Qur'an. I do appreciate your views and opinions, but they are not what Muslims understand or believe.

to understand what Muslims believe and how they interpret the Qur'an you will have to ask individual Muslims.

If your intent is to tell us how to understand the Qur'an, you will have a hard time convincing most of us that your interpretation is accurate.
If you are objective person in this case, you will agree with me.
However I am well aware Muslims by default who are emotional and subjective will never and probably should not agree with ALL my objective views.

Nevertheless I will make sure I maintain my intellectual credibility and integrity by ensuring my views are objective. You may not agree with my objective views but so far you have NOT shown any significant errors on my interpretations of the Quran.

Quote:
You will find that very few if any Muslims interpret any ayyats as promoting or condoning hatred and violence.
The critical point here is very few % of evil prone Muslims is a VERY significant threat to humanity.
1% of Muslim is 15 million.
20% of likely evil prone Muslims is 300 million.

The fact is the few % of evil prone Muslims who commit a various types of terrible evil and violence [terrorism, murders, genocide, oppression, injuring, destruction of cultures, etc.] as influenced and inspired by the evil laden verses in the Quran is very real.

For example; []27,857] and rising every day.

The above relate only to incidents with fatalities,
There are more other types of evil acts and violence without fatalities, e.g. shooting of Malala due to her promotion of Education, etc.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
If you are objective person in this case, you will agree with me.
However I am well aware Muslims by default who are emotional and subjective will never and probably should not agree with ALL my objective views.
I fully understand your objective in understanding the Qur'an.

Quote:
Nevertheless I will make sure I maintain my intellectual credibility and integrity by ensuring my views are objective. You may not agree with my objective views but so far you have NOT shown any significant errors on my interpretations of the Quran.
Try not to praise your intellectual ability, credibility and integrity yourself when it comes to the Qur'an.

Quote:
The critical point here is very few % of evil prone Muslims is a VERY significant threat to humanity.
1% of Muslim is 15 million.
20% of likely evil prone Muslims is 300 million.
These figures are based on ALL humans collectively. That makes 1.48 billion human beings evil prone. Is the Qur'an influencing them all?

Quote:
The fact is the few % of evil prone Muslims who commit a various types of terrible evil and violence [terrorism, murders, genocide, oppression, injuring, destruction of cultures, etc.] as influenced and inspired by the evil laden verses in the Quran is very real.

For example; []27,857] and rising every day.

The above relate only to incidents with fatalities,
There are more other types of evil acts and violence without fatalities, e.g. shooting of Malala due to her promotion of Education, etc.
Non--muslims have killed more. WWI and WWII killed a lot more. They are kiling them even in hospitals with their WMDs.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:49 PM

Quote:
These figures are based on ALL humans collectively. That makes 1.48 billion human beings evil prone. Is the Qur'an influencing them all?
This is where you lack intellectual depth and critical thinking.
I have written on this before, I don't think you remember or bother to remember them.

I have mentioned my master project is to find solutions for all types of evil in the world.
I estimated conservatively 20% of ALL humans are prone to commit a range of evils [low to high].
Yes, there will be 1.4 billion [say 7 billion humans at present] human beings who are prone to evil.

What you are ignorant of is these evil prone human beings in general will commit evil when they are trigger by stimuli with evil elements.

Those evil prone who are exposed to lots of violence from movies, books, various medias, computer games are likely to commit evil when influenced and inspired by the contents or heroes from these sources. This is why governments are establishing controls by warning, censuring or removing such evil and violent elements from these sources.

Those 20% evil prone who are brought up within a neighborhood, parents, relative, friends with evil and violence elements [drugs, gangs, aggression, crimes, etc.] are likely to commit evil and violence.

There are other stimuli that trigger the 20% evil prone to commit various evils and violence.

Now those zealous Muslims who are evil prone and are exposed to the evil laden elements in the Quran are likely to commit terrible evils and violence in the name of Islam, Allah and Muhammad. This terrible evils and violence by those evil prone are a reality you cannot deny because it is happening almost every day, if not every week.
Those who are not Muslims are not likely to be influenced by the evil elements in the Quran.
Therefore the Quran will not influenced all the 1.4 evil prone human beings but only 300 million evil prone Muslims.

Thus the logic, if there are no evil laden elements at all in the Quran, those evil prone Muslims will have no opportunity to commit any evil and violence by referring to verses in the Quran to justify their evil religious deeds.
The direct opposite is proven in Buddhism where there are no leading evil elements in the Buddhist sutras to allow any evil prone Buddhist to commit evils and violence in the name of Buddhism and the Buddha.

This prove that there are more matured, wiser and better purely good religions than Islam which is partly evil besides its good elements.

Get the point?

Quote:
Non--muslims have killed more. WWI and WWII killed a lot more. They are kiling them even in hospitals with their WMDs.
As I said above and elsewhere, my master project is to research and resolve to reduce to a minimal ALL evils and violence on Earth.
So I understand there are 20% of non-Muslims who are evil prone and has committed all sorts of evils.
We must addressed all these evils.

I said your views reflect low class intellectual and critical thinking.
It is not a question of who is killing more in our case.
We must address ALL evils regardless of more or lesser.

The protocol is this is a forum related specifically to "Islam" so by the forum rules we can only deal with Islam-related evils and violence.
Other evils by non-Muslims should not be discussed in detail here but in their respective forums.

By your counter, are you implying because non-Muslims kill more* then we should not complain or address evils and violence by evil prone Muslims who are influenced and inspired by evil laden elements in the Quran?
* the truths of who killed more can be debated elsewhere.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:51 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
Quote:
I have written on this before, I don't think you remember or bother to remember them.

I have mentioned my master project is to find solutions for all types of evil in the world.
I estimated conservatively 20% of ALL humans are prone to commit a range of evils [low to high].
Yes, there will be 1.4 billion [say 7 billion humans at present] human beings who are prone to evil.

What you are ignorant of is these evil prone human beings in general will commit evil when they are trigger by stimuli with evil elements.

Those evil prone who are exposed to lots of violence from movies, books, various medias, computer games are likely to commit evil when influenced and inspired by the contents or heroes from these sources. This is why governments are establishing controls by warning, censuring or removing such evil and violent elements from these sources.

Those 20% evil prone who are brought up within a neighborhood, parents, relative, friends with evil and violence elements [drugs, gangs, aggression, crimes, etc.] are likely to commit evil and violence.

There are other stimuli that trigger the 20% evil prone to commit various evils and violence.

Now those zealous Muslims who are evil prone and are exposed to the evil laden elements in the Quran are likely to commit terrible evils and violence in the name of Islam, Allah and Muhammad. This terrible evils and violence by those evil prone are a reality you cannot deny because it is happening almost every day, if not every week.
Those who are not Muslims are not likely to be influenced by the evil elements in the Quran.
Therefore the Quran will not influenced all the 1.4 evil prone human beings but only 300 million evil prone Muslims.

Thus the logic, if there are no evil laden elements at all in the Quran, those evil prone Muslims will have no opportunity to commit any evil and violence by referring to verses in the Quran to justify their evil religious deeds.
The direct opposite is proven in Buddhism where there are no leading evil elements in the Buddhist sutras to allow any evil prone Buddhist to commit evils and violence in the name of Buddhism and the Buddha.

This prove that there are more matured, wiser and better purely good religions than Islam which is partly evil besides its good elements.

Get the point?

As I said above and elsewhere, my master project is to research and resolve to reduce to a minimal ALL evils and violence on Earth.
So I understand there are 20% of non-Muslims who are evil prone and has committed all sorts of evils.

I said your views reflect low class intellectual and critical thinking.
We must address ALL evils regardless of more or lesser.

The protocol is this is a forum related specifically to "Islam" so by the forum rules we can only deal with Islam-related evils and violence.
Other evils by non-Muslims should not be discussed in detail here but in their respective forums.

By your counter, are you implying because non-Muslims kill more* then we should not complain or address evils and violence by evil prone Muslims who are influenced and inspired by evil laden elements in the Quran?
In order to see the whole picture one needs to look at all aspects. The fact is there are people who will commit violence among all people. the Qur'an does a better job at keeping them in check than any other doctrine in the history of mankind has done.

A very valid view to look at is the percentage of non-Muslims that commit violence compared to the percentage of Muslims that commit violence. Non-Muslims make a population of about 5 billion even a low percentage of 1% is 500,000,000 a violent population that is about 1/3 the total population of World Muslims. Rate of violence world wide tends to bear out non-Musm majority nations are much more violent than Muslim majority Nations. Using Murder as an indicator of violent crime the Americas have the highest rate in the world. and probably the lowest Muslim populations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

While it is your contention that there are verses in the Qur'an that inspire some people to commit violence I contend that those very same verses inspire many more not to commit acts of violence. Those are not verses telling us to commit violence they are verses showing us the results of violence. Overall non- Muslims have a much higher rate of violence than is found among Muslims. Crime and gangland violence is epidemic in the Non-Muslim majority nations.

Last edited by Woodrow LI; 02-23-2016 at 04:19 PM..

Old 02-23-2016, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind that this is Islam board and I am here to give you Islamic view on the matter of evil. Try to understand the point as it will help you in you master project. With your closed mind towards Islam and the Qur'an, the best you can hope for is what Muslim like me are explaining to you as to where this evil from a small minority is coming from. The problem you have is that you ignorantly insist that it is coming from "evil laden verses".

You say that you want to understand a Muslim's mind. Yet you insist that an evil prone Muslim is influenced by the "evil laden verses". In other words, on one hand you already understand a Muslim's mind but at the same time you are trying to understand Muslim's mind. Here you contradict yourself. You are either trying to understand or you already understand. Which is the true and which is untrue.

Quote:
I had given you a solution from the Islamic point of view to help you towards your project but it just flew over your head. Instead of finding solution to evil acts by some Muslims (religious people) you are looking to make the Qur'an scapegoat for evil acts of Muslims. That is never going to be the solution for your project.

Quote:
Whatever your estimate, every human being is capable of committing an evil act as well as do good action. Therefore all are evil prone but never only evil prone.

Quote:
All, including you and I, are capable of committing evil. The range of stimuli is too great for you to eliminate evil completely. The stimuli is here and here to stay until you breathe your last.

Quote:
Yet the same governments are dropping bombs that are kiling people. That's evil too, and it is seen all over the world. Where is solution to that evil?

Quote:
All are likely to commit evil. There is an "evil laden verse" in the Qur'an where one son of Adam kills his brother. Keep in mind that there was no Qur'an in his hand, no movies, no books, no media, no computer games or even your famous hero Muhammad to influence his evil action. What influenced him then to commit the evil act? If you explain the reason for his action, you would be very close to understanding what is influening evil acts.

Quote:
Yes, quite a lot more. How about the nerve that gets triggered? Isn't the best solution to remove that nerve from your 20%?

Quote:
Just for the sake of argument or even your project, what is your solution to eliminate this "evil"?

Many non-muslims too are influenced indirectly by the Qur'an when they commit evil against evil prone Muslims who are influenced by the Qur'an (directly) in your view. Committing evil against evil prone Muslims is still evil. The solution in the Qur'an is to repel evil with good (13:22).

Quote:
What made Burma Buddhists to commit violence/evil against Muslims? If the Buddhists can do it without the name of Buddhism and Buddha then anyone, including Muslims, Christians and Jews, can do it without religious elements. You need to take that point into consideration in your project.

Quote:
If Buddhism is purely good religion then why are Buddhist monks in Burma so evil? This proves that it is not religion that influences evil but inherited evil genes in everyone. Get it?

Quote:
You have not a hope in the world to reduce "to a minimal ALL evils in the world" by your method or understanding. For example, you point towards "evil laden verses" in the Qur'an influencing evil prone Muslims to commit evil acts. Which are the "evil laden verse" in the Qur'an that are influencing them to commit evil against Muslims? Keep in mind that you have to include this point too in your master project (both sides of the coin) for it to be credible research behind the project.

[QUOTEX]I said your views reflect low class intellectual and critical thinking.
We must address ALL evils regardless of more or lesser.[/quote] Unless you identify and resolve the main reason for evil acts, you are going to fail utterly in resolving "to a minimal ALL evil in the world".

Quote:
We do not have to discuss non-muslim violence and evil here but it can be used to discredit your point about Islam and Muslims.

Quote:
No. You completely misunderstand me. My counter is implying that it is not the Qur'an that is influencing them to commit evil acts but something else in view of them committing evil acts even against other Muslims. The Qur'an tells them that they will go to hell if they kill another Muslim. But they do kill other Muslims. Therefore, they are not inluenced by the Qur'an. They often twist the Qur'anic verses in their excuse (not justification as they don't give a sh.. about justification).

You know and I know that these people take verses out of their context and out of the Qur'anic context to fool people who do not understand the Qur'an. Amazingly, the ignorant ones, both Muslims and non-Muslims, fall right into their trap by believing their reason/excuse.

Old 02-23-2016, 10:24 PM

Quote:
In order to see the whole picture one needs to look at all aspects. The fact is there are people who will commit violence among all people. the Qur'an does a better job at keeping them in check than any other doctrine in the history of mankind has done.

A very valid view to look at is the percentage of non-Muslims that commit violence compared to the percentage of Muslims that commit violence. Non-Muslims make a population of about 5 billion even a low percentage of 1% is 500,000,000 a violent population that is about 1/3 the total population of World Muslims. Rate of violence world wide tends to bear out non-Musm majority nations are much more violent than Muslim majority Nations. Using Murder as an indicator of violent crime the Americas have the highest rate in the world. and probably the lowest Muslim populations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._homicide_rate

While it is your contention that there are verses in the Qur'an that inspire some people to commit violence I contend that those very same verses inspire many more not to commit acts of violence. Those are not verses telling us to commit violence they are verses showing us the results of violence. Overall non- Muslims have a much higher rate of violence than is found among Muslims. Crime and gangland violence is epidemic in the Non-Muslim majority nations.
In the case of dealing with evil and violence, it is not an effective to compare the evil of non-Muslims % and those of the Muslims %.
It serves no purpose in solving, reducing or eliminating all evil and violence in the World.

The point is humanity must address and resolve ALL [Muslims and non-Muslims] evils and violence.

Why we are dealing and discussing Islam-related evils and violence here is because this is the "ISLAM" Sub-Forum. So we have to keep to topic.
The non-Muslims evils and violence are discussed in other Sub-Forums.

It is obvious Muslim-related violence are more significant currently as represented by the numbers and the regularity of such evil happening throughout the world.
Therefore as concerned citizens of humanity, we need to discuss this serious problem related to Islam inspired evils and violence which are committed by SOME evil prone Muslims.

Those evil laden verses do not inspire the majority not to commit evils and violence.
The fact is the majority rely on their inherent human moral to ignore [blind] or are indifferent to those evil laden verses in the Quran.

A person who is averse to fighting, killing and other violence will naturally avoid, ignore, is in different to, such evil laden verses.
A person who is inclined to evil and violence will be stimulated by evil laden verses in the Quran, especially when it is sanctioned by a God.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind that this is Islam board and I am here to give you Islamic view on the matter of evil. Try to understand the point as it will help you in you master project. With your closed mind towards Islam and the Qur'an, the best you can hope for is what Muslim like me are explaining to you as to where this evil from a small minority is coming from. The problem you have is that you ignorantly insist that it is coming from "evil laden verses".

You say that you want to understand a Muslim's mind. Yet you insist that an evil prone Muslim is influenced by the "evil laden verses". In other words, on one hand you already understand a Muslim's mind but at the same time you are trying to understand Muslim's mind. Here you contradict yourself. You are either trying to understand or you already understand. Which is the true and which is untrue.

I had given you a solution from the Islamic point of view to help you towards your project but it just flew over your head. Instead of finding solution to evil acts by some Muslims (religious people) you are looking to make the Qur'an scapegoat for evil acts of Muslims. That is never going to be the solution for your project.

My project cover 100% of Muslims but to me the critical variables are the 20% of evil prone people who are Muslims.

"You" are not one of those 20% evil prone Muslims.
So whatever you explain is not useful to me, unless you can step into the shoes of the evil prone Muslim.
The only one important point we can agree is that the Quran [no other texts] is the sole representation of Islam.

I suggest you do research into the nature and psychology of evil prone people in the deepest depth and widest possible range.

Quote:
Whatever your estimate, every human being is capable of committing an evil act as well as do good action. Therefore all are evil prone but never only evil prone.

All, including you and I, are capable of committing evil. The range of stimuli is too great for you to eliminate evil completely. The stimuli is here and here to stay until you breathe your last.
I suggest you research more on human nature and psychology.

I stated;
1. DNA wise ALL humans [including Muslims] has the POTENTIAL to commit evil.
2. About 20% of ALL humans [including Muslims are PRONE to commit evil.

Note the difference between POTENTIAL and PRONE [having the tendency in the present].

Quote:
Yet the same governments are dropping bombs that are kiling people. That's evil too, and it is seen all over the world. Where is solution to that evil?
You are off topic here. I was referring to general secular violence not political related violence.

As for political related violence, humanity are definitely concerned about war and its violence. Humanity have put in much effort and many wars had been avoided but there is still a long way before we achieve Zero-War.

Quote:
All are likely to commit evil. There is an "evil laden verse" in the Qur'an where one son of Adam kills his brother. Keep in mind that there was no Qur'an in his hand, no movies, no books, no media, no computer games or even your famous hero Muhammad to influence his evil action. What influenced him then to commit the evil act? If you explain the reason for his action, you would be very close to understanding what is influening evil acts.
Correction again; All humans has the potential but only SOME are evil prone due to various reason.

The Cain and Abel story reflected the Potential of Humans to kill but at the same time Cain was one of the 20% evil prone person.
What motivated Cain to kill in this case is his inherent evil nature that is active as an evil prone person that was triggered by jealousy and anger of the relevant conditions then.
This story represent the principle of human nature and the Quran and movies etc. is not relevant in this story.

The principle of human nature is;
1. All humans has the potential but only SOME are evil prone
2. The evil prone will be influenced and inspired to commit evil and violence when triggered by the appropriate stimuli.

When the above principle is applied in the 7th century to the present, it is the following is the reality;
The Quran with its evil laden verses as stimuli triggered the evil prone Muslims to commit evils and violence.

Get the point?

Quote:
Yes, quite a lot more. How about the nerve that gets triggered? Isn't the best solution to remove that nerve from your 20%?
Good point!

Yes the best solution would be getting rid of the sensitive nerves that is activated and leading the 20% evil prone to commit evil and violence.
But this is too complicated to do at present. Suggest you research into neuro-psychology and understand how complicated it is to do it for the naturally inclined evil prone person.
The problem is the neurons involved in the evil prone are hardwired and difficult to rewire.
It can be done if the evil prone person is drugged with a tranquilizer or sedative all the time.

Now here is an additional knowledge you need to know.
While the evil prone are born with a natural inclinations to commit evil and violence when triggered by the relevant stimuli, the moderate and good people like you are me are naturally born with stronger and less sensitive nerves that are easily trigger to commit evil.
All have the potential to evil but the moderates like you have stronger nerves 'brakes' to dampen the impulse. It is like having a dam to control the river potential to flood and cause terrible damages.

There is no guarantee all the good people can hold back the potential of evil that is inherent in them. This hold back can be weakened by drugs, alcohol, brain damage, etc.

Therefore the most effective way to ensure one strengthen the nerves control that hold back the inherent evil potential in humans.
This is what the Eastern religions [Buddhism, etc.] are doing. They have spiritual programs and techniques to strengthen the brakes, dams and inhibitors to prevent evil impulses from taking control over one's mind.

Islam on the other hand has lots of elements in the Quran to weaken the nerves that hold back evil impulses. One of this is the promotion of the fear [especially], anger and hate emotions in Muslims. I suggest you research on neuro-psychology to understand this point. When one get too emotionally it is most like they will lose control. This is why Cain in a strong fit of jealousy and anger was driven to kill his brother.

Quote:
Just for the sake of argument or even your project, what is your solution to eliminate this "evil"?
It is not likely we can resolve this 'evil' at the present but possible within the next 20-100 years.

The solutions will be as follows;
1. Science will be advance enough to deal with that sensitive 'nerve' of the 20% evil prone, as you mentioned above. Actually it is a complex network of neurons.
In the future, Science will be able to tweak the relevant sensitive neuron of the 20% evil prone to make them not sensitive and be triggered by evil laden elements. The is approach will be voluntary [not forced] and fool proof without any side effects.
Then these 20% evil prone will be like you and me who are indifferent to evil laden elements.

2. Then humanity will introduced various spiritual and self-development methods to strengthen the nerves to ensure normal people have the strength to deal with the various strong stress that will loosen the control. Example enabling control over lusts, jealousy, rage, anger, passions, etc.
The Eastern Religions already have such techniques thus humanity can gather such methods from them, improve on them and made them generic and available to all without the religious labels.

3. By 50-100 or more the majority of human would be matured enough to understand the full machinery of how evil works and they will have a high self-esteem to remove all evil laden verses from the various religious sources to ensure there is no opportunity for them to influence any believers at all.

4. There are many other aspect to discuss on this serious matter. I don't have the time to discuss the full framework.

Quote:
Many non-muslims too are influenced indirectly by the Qur'an when they commit evil against evil prone Muslims who are influenced by the Qur'an (directly) in your view. Committing evil against evil prone Muslims is still evil. The solution in the Qur'an is to repel evil with good (13:22).
There is no way non-Muslims are influenced by evil laden verses in the Quran.
SOME Non-Muslims however will response [in evil ways] to the evils of SOME Muslims, but they are doing based on their inherent nature of evil within them.
The Quran's dominating solution to repel evil to use evil, i.e. fight, kill, cast terror, subdue, dominate and the likes.

Quote:
What made Burma Buddhists to commit violence/evil against Muslims? If the Buddhists can do it without the name of Buddhism and Buddha then anyone, including Muslims, Christians and Jews, can do it without religious elements. You need to take that point into consideration in your project.
The evil prone Buddhists [from a pool of 20%] in Myanmar committed evil/violence based on their own inherent evil nature they were born with.

True the 20% of evil prone Muslims would have committed evil and violence even without any evil laden verses in the Quran.
But it is a fact there are evil laden verses in the Quran that facilitate the 20% evil prone to commit evil and violence. Because such evil laden verses are backed by a God, these evil prone Muslims would be more daring to commit evil and violence. This is why there is so much terrible evil and violence from SOME Muslims as compared to other religions.

Thus if there were no evil laden verses in the Quran, then evil prone Muslims will be able to justify their evil deeds with the permission of Allah in the Quran.

Quote:
If Buddhism is purely good religion then why are Buddhist monks in Burma so evil? This proves that it is not religion that influences evil but inherited evil genes in everyone. Get it?
As explained above,
The evil prone Buddhists [from a pool of 20%] in Myanmar committed evil/violence based on their own inherent evil nature they were born with.
This is why no evil prone Buddhist who has committed evil has ever quoted any verses from the Buddhist sutra or in the name of Buddhism or the Buddha.

Quote:
You have not a hope in the world to reduce "to a minimal ALL evils in the world" by your method or understanding. For example, you point towards "evil laden verses" in the Qur'an influencing evil prone Muslims to commit evil acts. Which are the "evil laden verse" in the Qur'an that are influencing them to commit evil against Muslims? Keep in mind that you have to include this point too in your master project (both sides of the coin) for it to be credible research behind the project.

Unless you identify and resolve the main reason for evil acts, you are going to fail utterly in resolving "to a minimal ALL evil in the world".
Note the solutions for my project above.

I have done a detailed analysis of all evil laden elements in the Quran.
I have stated, more that 55% of the 6,236 verses in the Quran contain at least evil element of the lowest degree.

Quote:
We do not have to discuss non-muslim violence and evil here but it can be used to discredit your point about Islam and Muslims.
Yes, if it is significantly relevant.
So far I have not read of any from yours.

Your off topic deflection are typical fallacies spouted by most Muslims [Woodrow LI has done that many times].

Quote:
No. You completely misunderstand me. My counter is implying that it is not the Qur'an that is influencing them to commit evil acts but something else in view of them committing evil acts even against other Muslims. The Qur'an tells them that they will go to hell if they kill another Muslim. But they do kill other Muslims. Therefore, they are not inluenced by the Qur'an. They often twist the Qur'anic verses in their excuse (not justification as they don't give a sh.. about justification).
You are in denial here.
You are not in any position to judge the jihadists who are reading the same Quran as you.

No jihadists [you said 'The Qur'an tells them that they will go to hell] would dare to disobey Allah words in the Quran, otherwise they will go to Hell.
Therefore we can conclude the jihadists will obediently follow and act accordingly to Allah's words in the Quran.

Quote:
You know and I know that these people take verses out of their context and out of the Qur'anic context to fool people who do not understand the Qur'an. Amazingly, the ignorant ones, both Muslims and non-Muslims, fall right into their trap by believing their reason/excuse.
I have given you proofs and example there are two truths in the verses, note the duck-rabbit image.
Either way, whether viewed as good or evil, both are true.
YOU as a fallible human and slave of Allah cannot judge they are wrong, ultimately it is up to Allah to decide on Judgment Day.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:05 AM

Quote:
In the case of dealing with evil and violence, it is not an effective to compare the evil of non-Muslims % and those of the Muslims %.
It serves no purpose in solving, reducing or eliminating all evil and violence in the World.

The point is humanity must address and resolve ALL [Muslims and non-Muslims] evils and violence.

Why we are dealing and discussing Islam-related evils and violence here is because this is the "ISLAM" Sub-Forum. So we have to keep to topic.
The non-Muslims evils and violence are discussed in other Sub-Forums.

It is obvious Muslim-related violence are more significant currently as represented by the numbers and the regularity of such evil happening throughout the world.
Therefore as concerned citizens of humanity, we need to discuss this serious problem related to Islam inspired evils and violence which are committed by SOME evil prone Muslims.

Those evil laden verses do not inspire the majority not to commit evils and violence.
The fact is the majority rely on their inherent human moral to ignore [blind] or are indifferent to those evil laden verses in the Quran.

A person who is averse to fighting, killing and other violence will naturally avoid, ignore, is in different to, such evil laden verses.
A person who is inclined to evil and violence will be stimulated by evil laden verses in the Quran, especially when it is sanctioned by a God.
Continuum,

A Muslim must comply with the commands in the verses of the Qur'an. If he does the opposite, he is not a Muslim when doing the opposite.

You keep saying that there are evil laden verses in the Qur'an. You see them evil laden but I don't see them that way. I see them teaching me to stop violence, oppression and persecution. These verses do not influence evil acts if understood properly.

Tell me something, when the British government decided to bomb ISIS in Syria, was it influenced by the evil acts of ISIS to do evil acts in Syria?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam