Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 05:02 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,874,865 times

Advertisements

According to the Quran there is no reference to Isa as a sinner wheras Mohammed is quoted identifying himself as a sinner. Being a sinner isn't unusual designation as I.m a sinner ,but it does shed light on a the role of Isa was more significant than taught considering few muslims know arabic and 85% has zero real knowledge of the one God with three roles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 05:20 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
According to the Quran there is no reference to Isa as a sinner wheras Mohammed is quoted identifying himself as a sinner. Being a sinner isn't unusual designation as I.m a sinner ,but it does shed light on a the role of Isa was more significant than taught considering few muslims know arabic and 85% has zero real knowledge of the one God with three roles.
I am absolutely no scholar in all religious teachings..but as young person ( 60 years ago)..I was like a sponge..sought to learn all about various religions and their way of worship, belief system and practice.

I learned back then..that even Jesus went into retreat..because he realized he was getting angry and not acting like his "Father" would want..He spend long period repenting, praying etc...

This goes to ANYONE even the "Son of God" per Christian Faith..Profits per Islamic Faith and others..seems to indicate..ANYONE preaching their religion is HUMAN thus prone to SIN!!

Yet..ALL religions appear to hold most HIGH is GOD! Allah is GOD to Muslims. Jews also believe in GOD...So it is becoming more and more evident..IT is the "Sinful" human form who are interpreting God's words to suit their particular Human (sinful) agenda.

So many want to quote biblical versus to fit their agenda..and apply it to the words written by sinful biased folks from over 2000 years ago! Does anyone really believe wether Religious or not..THAT Life was meant to remain under the same rules from 200 years ago..and GOD never intended for humans to evolve, learn and use their "Talents" to inspire..grow..develop..be helpful however you are able..BUT above all STOP Hurting those who pose no threat to you.. Just because YOU CAN Kill another..Doesn't make it right in God's eye's IMO.. HATE sure does breed horrific deeds!!

Old 06-13-2016, 03:27 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
It is pointless to claim Isa was not a sinner and Muhammad was a sinner so role of Isa was better than role of Muhammad if no Christian has been able to emulate Jesus and never sinned.

Further, in the Qur'an, Isa is son of Mary. If we take the Christian claim that sin entered mankind through the sin of Adam then it is obvious that it has entered every descendant of Adam, including Mary, Isa, Muhammad and I. According to Christian doctrine, man dies because of sin of Adam. Why did Isa die on the cross if he was sinless?

In the Qur'an, nobody is sinless. Sin in the Qur'an is "disobeying God". Salvation is not dependent on not sinning but doing good and refraining from sinning as much as one can, and repenting soon afterwards if mistake has been been made. In the latter case, reforming is what leads the sinners to salvation.

God's three roles is human imagination. God is known by His attributes which are more than 3 or even 99.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam