Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 03:05 AM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju33312 View Post
point being your claim seems to be more of your hogwash:
Certainly not!

Quote:
"Virtually every nation that has become predominately Muslim has done so through conversion, not invasion. The few countries that were actually invaded (ie Spain, India, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, etc) remained predominately non-Muslim."
Absolutely correct!

Old 08-06-2016, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
You sort tried to answer question that was irritating me for quite some time.
What exactly is it in Islam that makes it the most quickly spreading religion? Making good people abandon their motherlands and religions they grew in, and switch over? What is it? As the way it goes, Islam will be 80% of human population in not so long period of time.
I am not convinced by your explanation 3-5, but 1 and 2 definitely have point. There IS something in Islam that appeals to people and appeals very fast. Something we are missing here.
The more hate is spread against Islam the more people are attracted to it and Islam spreads. When the lies against Islam by the Islam haters get exposed, Islam spreads fast. ALLAHU AKBAR

Old 08-06-2016, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodrow LI View Post
Having not accepted Islam until I was 65 and had been an Atheist since the age of 45, I will share why I think I accepted Islam, even after 65 years of not believing a thing about it.

The exact reason I accepted Islam was because of a personal experience that convinced me God(swt) exists. I wont waste your time with the long details, but I was living in an area that had no Muslims and I had not seen or spoken to a Muslim for over 20 years/ In my opinion the important factor is why I stay Muslim

What I like about Islam.

1. No ordained clergy, every Muslim is clergy. I never learnt Islam from any cleric or from scholar. I learnt Islam from studying the Qur'an.

2. No compulsory requirements for membership, as there is no membership. Islam is an individual action.

3. No joining or ritual required to perform Islam

4. Islam can be performed in one's own home by one's self

5. No tithing

6. No viewing any clergy as being necessary

6. No requirement to listen to some idiot preaching

7. It is all about personal responsibility. No one except our self can pay for our sins. We are responsible for our redemption. No innocent person or other creature can be sacrificed to get our sins forgiven

8. I live out in the boon docks far from any Mosque and it is virtually impossible for me to attend a Mosque more than a few times a year. No problem I can perform the very same salat alone indoors of in my yard as weather permits.
1. There is no need for clergy.

2. Islam is definitely an individual action. It is a spiritual relationship between man and God.

3. No ritual required.

4. Islam can be performed not only in one's own home and anywhere but at all times in one's life.

5. God does not need anything. All we need to do is help the poor people according to our means.

6. Just read the Qur'an, ponder over its verses, and understand how to live this life as caliph of God on earth (be a godly person on earth in helping others).

7. The only way to redemption is own our wrong doings, repent and reform, and keep doing good. Good deeds take away the sins.

8. Salat can be performed not only at any clean place but in any position; standing, sitting or laying flat; even with just signs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam