Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2017, 06:23 AM

352 posts, read 419,654 times

Advertisements

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allāh The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You.

It is still my belief that this is the only goal of creation:

The Perfect Man as the Goal of Creation

Matthew 21:
42 Jesus saith unto them, "Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2017, 01:28 PM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allāh The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful. As salaamu alaykum The Peace Be Upon You.

It is still my belief that this is the only goal of creation:

The Perfect Man as the Goal of Creation

Matthew 21:
42 Jesus saith unto them, "Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.
44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder."
Wa alaikum assalaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

[The Qur'aan 4.28]
Allah desires that He should make light your burdens, and man is created weak.

Although Allah created man as perfect soul, man can corrupt his soul. Once there is disobedience, the soul is no longer perfect. only Allah is perfect always. Man will always be weak because he is created weak. His weakness to do wrong renders him imperfect.

[91.7] And the soul and Him Who made it perfect,
[91.8] Then He inspired it to understand what is right and wrong for it;
[91.9] He will indeed be successful who purifies it,
[91.10] And he will indeed fail who corrupts it.

Man was created to be placed on earth to be Khalifah (Vicegerent) of Allah on earth (2:30). The aim of man must be to act on earth in such a way, after taking guidance from Allah, that he has the closest attributes to the attributes of Allah. This would lead man to be the best earthly being on earth. Therefore, it is absolutely vital that the man on earth obeys Allah and fulfills the purpose he was created for in the best interests of life on earth, earthly environment and of his own. Otherwise he would be rejected and replaced just like a fruit tree that gives bad fruit is dug up, thrown away or burnt and replaced by a new one.

[6.133] And your Lord is the Self-sufficient one, the Lord of mercy; if He pleases, He may take you off, and make whom He pleases successors after you, even as He raised you up from the seed of another people.

[11.57] But if you turn back
(from the guidance), then indeed I have delivered to you the message with which I have been sent to you, and my Lord will bring another people in your place, and you cannot do Him any harm; surely my Lord is the Preserver of all things.

[21.11] And how many a town which was iniquitous did We demolish, and We raised up after it another people!

Therefore, the goal of creation of man was to have Khalifah on earth with attributes similar to an extent to the attributes of Allah in order to fulfill the purpose he was created and placed on earth.

In other words, a man cannot be a Muslim unless he is good human being. Forget about being perfect. A perfect man will know about everything and will do nothing wrong. As there isn't any hope for that to be achieved in our lifetime, let's be good human beings. I will die happy if my death was death of a good human being.

Old 01-20-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Wa alaikum assalaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh

[The Qur'aan 4.28]
Allah desires that He should make light your burdens, and man is created weak.

Although Allah created man as perfect soul, man can corrupt his soul. Once there is disobedience, the soul is no longer perfect. only Allah is perfect always. Man will always be weak because he is created weak. His weakness to do wrong renders him imperfect.

Man was created to be placed on earth to be Khalifah (Vicegerent) of Allah on earth (2:30). The aim of man must be to act on earth in such a way, after taking guidance from Allah, that he has the closest attributes to the attributes of Allah. This would lead man to be the best earthly being on earth. Therefore, it is absolutely vital that the man on earth obeys Allah and fulfills the purpose he was created for in the best interests of life on earth, earthly environment and of his own. Otherwise he would be rejected and replaced just like a fruit tree that gives bad fruit is dug up, thrown away or burnt and replaced by a new one.

[6.133] And your Lord is the Self-sufficient one, the Lord of mercy; if He pleases, He may take you off, and make whom He pleases successors after you, even as He raised you up from the seed of another people.

[11.57] But if you turn back
(from the guidance), then indeed I have delivered to you the message with which I have been sent to you, and my Lord will bring another people in your place, and you cannot do Him any harm; surely my Lord is the Preserver of all things.

[21.11] And how many a town which was iniquitous did We demolish, and We raised up after it another people!

Therefore, the goal of creation of man was to have Khalifah on earth with attributes similar to an extent to the attributes of Allah in order to fulfill the purpose he was created and placed on earth.

In other words, a man cannot be a Muslim unless he is good human being. Forget about being perfect. A perfect man will know about everything and will do nothing wrong. As there isn't any hope for that to be achieved in our lifetime, let's be good human beings. I will die happy if my death was death of a good human being.

I do not see man as perfect until the soul attains Perfection. As you quoted:

According to the Gospel of Barnabas, both Muhammad (SAW), and Jesus (Isa) PBUH, were Perfect [Messiah, Christ]. I will accept no thing less for my being, except Completion, Perfection. Allāh being Unique, HE also made each soul unique, with the ability to attain Completion, Perfection. Man, the human being, is made weak. The soul has the strength. The soul also carries the Life Force. When the Life Force leaves the human body, the body loses conscientiousness, of the sense's. Death ensues.

Old 01-20-2017, 12:05 PM

3,640 posts, read 42,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by devotee View Post

I do not see man as perfect until the soul attains Perfection. As you quoted:

According to the Gospel of Barnabas, both Muhammad (SAW), and Jesus (Isa) PBUH, were Perfect [Messiah, Christ]. I will accept no thing less for my being, except Completion, Perfection. Allāh being Unique, HE also made each soul unique, with the ability to attain Completion, Perfection. Man, the human being, is made weak. The soul has the strength. The soul also carries the Life Force. When the Life Force leaves the human body, the body loses conscientiousness, of the sense's. Death ensues.
Muhammad (SAW) wasn't even born when Gospel of Barnabas was written. Do you think the Gospel of Barnabas was written after Muhammad was born?

As for Jesus, he could not have been perfect man. He himself had said

Luke 18:19
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

If he wasn't good then he couldn't have been perfect.

A perfect soul has never been corrupted. It will be as clear as a glass without imperfection. It can been purified after being corrupted but it will then be purified rather perfect. It will then be like a broken glass having been repaired.

in reality, Allah (SWT) does not expect man to be perfect as He has created him weak. All Allah expects man is not to corrupt his soul, and purify it immediately after making any mistake so that his soul does not stay corrupted. Having consciousness about Allah (taqwa) helps man to keep his soul purified.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Muhammad (SAW) wasn't even born when Gospel of Barnabas was written. Do you think the Gospel of Barnabas was written after Muhammad was born?

As for Jesus, he could not have been perfect man. He himself had said

Luke 18:19
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered. “No one is good—except God alone.

If he wasn't good then he couldn't have been perfect.

A perfect soul has never been corrupted. It will be as clear as a glass without imperfection. It can been purified after being corrupted but it will then be purified rather perfect. It will then be like a broken glass having been repaired.

in reality, Allah (SWT) does not expect man to be perfect as He has created him weak. All Allah expects man is not to corrupt his soul, and purify it immediately after making any mistake so that his soul does not stay corrupted. Having consciousness about Allah (taqwa) helps man to keep his soul purified.
I see no reason why it would matter if the Gospel of Barnabas was written before Muhammad (SAW) was born. Al-Qur'an speaks of Prophet Muhammad (SAW) long before he (SAW) was born:

Quote:
61:6. And when Isa son of Marium said: O children of Israel! surely I am the messenger of Allah to you, verifying that which is before me of the Taurat and giving the good news of an Messenger who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear arguments they said: This is clear magic.
In Luke 18:19 that you have quoted the term "good" reflects - to be desired or approved of. Who was judging Jesus PBUH?

The soul was not created weak!! If the soul leaves the body, the body loses its (the soul's) strength!!

Your words concerning protecting the soul from corruption is clearly following the path leading to Completion of Perfection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam