Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 12:34 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times

Advertisements

My favourite music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G962Bw2dOPQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3z59jsrLBI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKV2oeS4vw8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZEQosTBRKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ronY7Z-9uE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2017, 06:24 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Continuum View Post
Point is if you want to be a good Ahadith Muslim you must adhere to what Muhammad stated in the Ahadith. You as a slave of Allah cannot use your discretion.

Therefore if you are an Ahadith Muslim [Sunni] and you listen to music then you have somehow committed a sin. There is no room for exceptions.

Perhaps you can rationalize and compromised personally with exceptions but the majority of Ahadith-Muslims will obey Bukhary's hadith 100%.
The problem arises when SOME [not all] Muslims who are evil prone find music by non-Muslims and other muslims as najas [NJS] and evil, thus take the initiative to go against ending with attacking them and depriving others of the music they enjoyed.
Not exactly. There's ahadeeth where the Prophet (saw) allowed and even enjoyed music, but it was on specific occasions and with specific instruments. Such instances I can remember were drums of war and at weddings. However there's numerous hadeeth lumping music in general to be akin to alcohol and gambling. So I'd rather take the safe route and avoid it. Others may disagree.

Old 04-10-2017, 08:20 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,065,272 times
Is singing allowed in Mecca
Why is it forbidden to sing in Mecca?
Is it possible to establish a singing band in Mecca
Or can enter a woman without hijab to Mecca

Old 04-10-2017, 08:21 PM

2,049 posts, read 1,065,272 times
You are against Islam
You do not understand Islam well

Old 04-11-2017, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
You are against Islam
You do not understand Islam well
That's music to my ears!

Keep singing.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:00 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Note the benefits of Music

Scientists Find 15 Amazing Benefits Of Listening To Music
Scientists Find 15 Amazing Benefits Of Listening To Music

Music Makes You Happier. ...
Music Enhances Running Performance. ...
Music Lowers Stress and Improves Health. ...
Music Helps You Sleep Better. ...
Music Reduces Depression. ...
Music Helps You Eat Less. ...
Music Elevates Your Mood While Driving.
8. Music Strengthens Learning and Memory
9. Music Relaxes Patients Before/After Surgery
10. Music Reduces Pain
11. Music Helps Alzheimer’s Patients Remember
12. Music Improves Recovery in Stroke Patients
13. Music Increases Verbal Intelligence
14. Music Raises IQ and Academic Performance
15. Music Keeps Your Brain Healthy in Old Age

... & many more benefits

Therefore it is stupid to ban music from human life just because some cons naturally exist.

When pop music [of Beatles, Elvis, rock and roll] came about, it was claimed the whole humanity and society will collapse. But out of such a mix, note the change that produced Richard Branson, Steve Job, Bill Gates and many others who rebelled against the norms then, who turned out to contribute greatly to humanity. Point is it naturally that if one wants diamond, one has to deal with the dirt as well.

The Ahadith-Muslims who ban music are very immature and not wise, thus less human.
hmmm .... looks like many Muslims are ignoring what science has to say about Music.

Now,

Science has also found a lot of evidence that alcohol and smoking is injurious to health. Who do you and/or so many non-Muslims smoke or drink? Ignoring science?

Old 04-11-2017, 08:08 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,642,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
hmmm .... looks like many Muslims are ignoring what science has to say about Music.

Now,

Science has also found a lot of evidence that alcohol and smoking is injurious to health. Who do you and/or so many non-Muslims smoke or drink? Ignoring science?
I don't smoke and do not prefer to drink except in very rare occasions. [note the change of subject, but I'll go along for a while] What I have is the freedom to choose what to act instead of being forced and threatened by the wrath of a god that do not exists or by religious police based on an immutable laws that cannot be changed at all.

Smoking do have some pros to those who smoke but the cons outweighed the pros, so I would recommend this should be totally banned or humanity must be educated and weaned off smoking totally. Point you should note is humanity is now taking notice and doing something with smoking and you should also note the trend on the restriction of smoking over the last 50 years. Without any fixed god's law, humanity is able to improve on educating and modulating smoking of cigarettes within humanity.

I agree there should be some sorts of enforcement which can be changed with changing circumstance but not immutable religious laws that cannot be changed because Allah said so.

As for alcohol, the gap between the pros and cons is not that great. With greater education, I believe less and less people will consume alcohol in the future. Personally I believe the social consumption alcohol should be weaned off.

What is critical is there should be no forcing and threats with reference to smoking and alcohol on people. The approach to weaning off smoking and alcohol should be through education and other fool proofs methods that will tune the brain and mind not to resort to them.

I agree when smoking and drinking alcohol can get ugly when taken to the extreme with a % of people. However in general the majority who smoke and drink moderately do gain more pros than cons to themselves. Like I say, both smoking and drinking should be weaned off totally in the future.

The problem with a total banning of drinking alcohol with the threat of hell and/or religious policing a % of believers are derived of some moderate solution to resolve their psychological problem. This is what happened with Islam that supposedly banned the use of alcohol and smoking [intoxicant] and derived a certain % [not all] some psychological relief. And without such psychological relief, the internal turmoil is directed to the evil and violent verses in the Quran.

The condemning of Music by the Ahadith followers is really a very stupid move against the flow of humanity.

Old 04-12-2017, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Smoking do have some pros to those who smoke but the cons outweighed the pros, so I would recommend this should be totally banned or humanity must be educated and weaned off smoking totally.
The same goes for the alcohol. It has pros but the cons outweigh the pros, so I would recommend this too should be totally banned.

Music? Does it have more cons than pros? I have heard music even in Mecca. It can't have more cons than pros because it hasn't been banned even in Mecca.

Old 04-12-2017, 09:56 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,642,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
The same goes for the alcohol. It has pros but the cons outweigh the pros, so I would recommend this too should be totally banned.

Music? Does it have more cons than pros? I have heard music even in Mecca. It can't have more cons than pros because it hasn't been banned even in Mecca.
You missed out my point. This is what I said in my post,

Quote:
Like I say, both smoking and drinking should be weaned off totally in the future.
Alcohol should be weaned off eventually but the priority is on smoking because smoking has more cons relatively to alcohol at present.

The next phase is to wean off ALL religions [especially institutionalized religiosity] and promote spirituality in the future [next 50-100 years]. By then humanity would be understand how the brain works in the finest nano details and humanity will be able to manage [fool proof approaches] human behavior from the levels specifically targeted at the relevant set of neurons.

Old 04-12-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Alcohol should be weaned off eventually but the priority is on smoking because smoking has more cons relatively to alcohol at present.
The non-Islamic world is more than 1400 years behind. The Qur'aan had commanded alcohol to be weaned off and totally banned over 1400 years ago. As a result, alcohol does not exist as for as I am concerned. I have never missed it for that reason.

Quote:
The next phase is to wean off ALL religions [especially institutionalized religiosity] and promote spirituality in the future [next 50-100 years].
That's impossible unless you understand "spirit" first. In the meantime, there would be no halting creation of more WMDs.

Quote:
By then humanity would be understand how the brain works in the finest nano details and humanity will be able to manage [fool proof approaches] human behavior from the levels specifically targeted at the relevant set of neurons.
Unless you can invent a new brain, evil potential remains inherited. Human behavior cannot be controlled unless injustice in the world is eliminated first and all humans are well educated to control their Self (nafs).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam