Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 03:48 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times

Advertisements

It appears that there are a few people that have not read the posting rules for the Islam forum. Here are a few excerpts:

Islam Forum Posting Rules

The is not the place to post derogatory remarks about Islam, the Qur'an, or any Muslim. This forum exists for discussion about Islam and for people to ask questions about Islam. .....

We do not tolerate members calling each other liars, ignorant, and other derogatory terms. .....

Posting about Christianity is off topic in the Islam forum. (This includes Mormons) .....

If you don't want to comply with these terms, then you should feel under no obligation to post anything at all.

Old 07-29-2017, 09:42 AM

2,774 posts, read 2,669,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
I'm not sure if you think the speaker gives good evidence, let alone proves anything. .
The speaker wrote this amazing book and it highlight many evidences https://archive.org/details/TheAmazingQuran.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2017, 01:18 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post
It probably is not "dumb" (or dumbness). Religion generates a level of irrationality. That can look dumb to a person not engulfed in that religious belief. The origins of Mormonism, and its tenets, can look dumb to a non Mormon. The origins would likely not be found logical to anyone but someone indoctrinated into the Mormon religion. The most relevant component of the foundation of Mormonism has Joseph Smith speaking to God through stones placed in the bottom of a hat. From that alleged conversation comes The Book of Mormon, read and accepted by millions of Mormons. Joseph Smith himself is a dubious character, having been arrested for various unsavory activities such as threatening individuals, and bank fraud. Most people find the foundation of Mormonism unworthy of belief. I know I would. Yet there are a lot of very bright Mormons.

They are simply victims of a childhood indoctrination and would put up barriers against rational, objective analysis and discussion, just as Muslims do in many of these threads.
So you are saying Muslims in these threads are victims of childhood indoctrination and would put up barriers against rational, objective analysis and discussion?

Old 07-29-2017, 08:15 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Who is "Plain dumb"? Are you referring to the members here or followers of the Islamic faith ?
Anyone who thinks that because something is unique that it must be from God.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
Anyone who thinks that because something is unique that it must be from God.
So you are saying that every Muslim member here who believes that Quran is unique and it is from God, is "plain dumb"?

Old 07-30-2017, 12:16 AM

3,640 posts, read 41,468 times
Quote:
The claim was that the Quran is from God and how we know this is because of the challenge to create 10 chapters like it and that no one can and as such shows that it is from God.
I don't care if someone does not want to believe the Qur'aan is from God. But I do care when someone claims that it was made up by Muhammad.

The same claim was made by kuffar 1400 years ago that the Qur'aan is made up by Muhammad. That is why the challenge followed in the Qur'aan to make up just ten chapters like it. No man could do it and promote it in parallel to the chapters of the Qur'aan. Here is the verse about the challenge:

[11.13] Or, do they say: He has invented it. Say: Then bring ten invented chapters like it and call upon whom you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.

So the challenge is in response to anyone claiming that the Qur'aan was made up by Muhammad.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:27 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
I don't care if someone does not want to believe the Qur'aan is from God. But I do care when someone claims that it was made up by Muhammad.

The same claim was made by kuffar 1400 years ago that the Qur'aan is made up by Muhammad. That is why the challenge followed in the Qur'aan to make up just ten chapters like it. No man could do it and promote it in parallel to the chapters of the Qur'aan. Here is the verse about the challenge:

[11.13] Or, do they say: He has invented it. Say: Then bring ten invented chapters like it and call upon whom you can besides Allah, if you are truthful.

So the challenge is in response to anyone claiming that the Qur'aan was made up by Muhammad.
Yeah, you said more than once - we understand!

Old 07-30-2017, 03:50 AM

Quote:

Even if no one can do such a thing, making the Quran a unique work, does not mean that it is from God and anyone who thinks that that conclusion follows is dumb - the principle therefore applies to anyone who think such nonsense.
"The principle" ??
Are you shooting from the hip?

What "principle" are you talking about? Which scientist or scholar came up with "this principle"? Do you have a valid reference to this principle or you just made it up by yourself?

There is no such "principle". What you stated is your opinion, expressed in a deragorty way.

Old 07-30-2017, 10:59 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
"The principle" ??
Are you shooting from the hip?

What "principle" are you talking about? Which scientist or scholar came up with "this principle"? Do you have a valid reference to this principle or you just made it up by yourself?

There is no such "principle". What you stated is your opinion, expressed in a deragorty way.
It's a logical principle - something that does not necessarily follow. It's a non-sequitur. Again, because X is unique does not mean that it is from God. That conclusion does not necessarily follow. Again, anyone who thinks so is dumb - and yes that is my opinion - they are dumb if they think such a thing.

I'll ask you again, do you think that if the Quran is unique and that no one can create such a unique work that this means that it is from God? Instead of prancing off through the tree tops care to actually answer?

Last edited by 2K5Gx2km; 07-30-2017 at 11:12 AM..

Old 07-30-2017, 11:12 AM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
If I express that people in general are dumb if they violate logical principles and this is a violation of forum rules because they think I am calling a specif person or religion dumb as a result then this forum is worthless.

Too damn sensitive and not able to actually read what I am saying. It's Ok, I'll just bow out of this facade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam