Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 02:51 PM

400 posts, read 422,395 times

Advertisements

Well, I've always been inclined to be welcoming to all cultures and religions but I was having a discussion about this topic, the proliferation of large Muslim populations in the city, with an Egyptian coptic christian, a professional man, a pharmacist, who blankly stated that the policies of our government towards muslims are naive in the extreme and ought to be reconsidered. He didn't use moderate language about this when he expressed his views, either. In fact, he raised his voice in anger and alarm.

He seemed genuinely alarmed by the pace of growth of the muslim community here, which has been quite rapid...so, there you have it. Apparently there's quite a bit of conflict between the copts and muslim population in egypt, something that I wasn't aware of myself. Maybe there is a cause for concern ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 04:35 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,526,633 times
Western societies are based on Greek philosophy, Christianity, Civilian Law (or Common Law) and the prnciples from the age of Enlightenment. Since Islam opposes all of these pillars, the answer for this question is: yes. I won't judge whether Islam is good or not, but the rise of Islam in western countries is definitively a threat.

Old 07-23-2017, 06:08 PM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
Maybe not so much in the US, but in Europe, yes.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:53 AM

282 posts, read 298,154 times
Read about Islamic Culture, History and Muslims' politics when Muslims were superior. see what they have done at that time? the outcome you gonna get depends on the authenticity and credibility of resources you use.

I guess this path is the one you should hit alone and relieved from Media and hatred provokers.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:21 PM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,982 times
The answer to the questioned posed can really get kind of complicated. If you asked 100 Muslims the question, there would be a collective smile. They would probably tell you that being a Muslim gives them a sense of contentment. That would be an honest reply. Now imagine in two or three generations your great grandchildren are Muslim. They would proclaim the same thing, of course: that Islam gives their life meaning and contentment.

The thing is; what Western nations would sacrifice to traditional Islam would seem pretty grim to most of today's enlightened people. Women would be oppressed, many basic human rights would be forfeited, etc. But if it is the year 2050, and you are living in a Muslim world as a 2nd generation Muslim, you would believe that Allah is your guide and following him has given you serenity. Those sacrifices would be done with genuine enthusiasm for they would be upholding Allah's decree.

There were once these people who had long workdays but were well-fed and were rarely physically abused. In their private time they played games, told stories, or sang songs. The particular employers of these people were generally considered to be kind-hearted, and the employees believed themselves fortunate because they knew that not all such employers were so compassionate. Their good fortunate and a relatively pleasant way of life provided the people with a sense of joy. Sometimes they would even forget that they were slaves.

Old 07-25-2017, 03:41 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,086,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GalileoSmith View Post

The thing is; what Western nations would sacrifice to traditional Islam would seem pretty grim to most of today's enlightened people. Women would be oppressed.

Seriously, you are either misinformed or turning a blind eye towards some bitter facts and ground realities or perhaps you are a bigot which I don't think you are. I don't blame you for anything .... read the following and perhaps revisit your thoughts.

Take for example, Honduras - A country littered with Churches. Read the news and watch the video

'Men can do anything they want to women in Honduras': Inside one of the most dangerous places on Earth to be a woman - ABC News

Why are you ONLY concerned about "women oppressed" by Muslims? Do you want me to bring some facts and statistics from through out third world's NON-Islamic countries, like from Africa?

Or do you want to see what's the femicide situation through out the Latin America which is predominantly Christian?

Do you know how labor women are treated in the factories in China?

How about Hindus? There are 50,000 female baby fetuses aborted EVERY MONTH in their country - YES, that's 50,000 female babies KILLED every month with the will of their parents !!

Imagine what would be your situation if Hindus dominate you?

Here, read this and run for your life

‘All Those Little Faces’: Elizabeth Vargas Explores India’s ‘Gendercide’ - ABC News

Last edited by GoCardinals; 07-25-2017 at 04:10 PM..

Old 07-25-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post

Seriously, you are either misinformed or turning a blind eye towards some bitter facts and ground realities or perhaps you are a bigot. I don't blame you for anything .... read the following and perhaps revisit your thoughts.

Take for example, Horrendous - A country littered with Churches. Read the news and watch the video

'Men can do anything they want to women in Honduras': Inside one of the most dangerous places on Earth to be a woman - ABC News

Why are you ONLY concerned about "women oppressed" by Muslims? Do you want me to bring some facts and statistics from through out third world's NON-Islamic countries?

Or do you want to see what's the femicide situation through out the Latin America which is predominantly Christian?

How about Hindus? There are 50,000 female baby fetuses aborted EVERY MONTH - yes, 50,000 every month.

Imagine what would be your situation if Hindus dominate you?

Here, read this and run for your life

‘All Those Little Faces’: Elizabeth Vargas Explores India’s ‘Gendercide’ - ABC News
What happens in Honduras is irrelevant to what I wrote... irrelevant. Hinduism does not advocate for abortion. That's the difference. And if they did, how does that change the fact that the tenets of Islam is a source of oppression in women?

Have you ever started a thread with the topic dedicated to the plight of women in Honduras, or abortion data among Hindus? My guess is that you haven't. Your last post did not reflect a concern for the women of Honduras nor the abortion rates of Hindus. Your concern was to redirect the topic of this thread away from certain realities you find uncomfortable.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
What happens in Honduras is irrelevant to what I wrote... irrelevant. Hinduism does not advocate for abortion. That's the difference. And if they did, how does that change the fact that the tenets of Islam is a source of oppression in women?
Have you ever started a thread with the topic dedicated to the plight of women in Honduras, or abortion data among Hindus? My guess is that you haven't. Your last post did not reflect a concern for the women of Honduras nor the abortion rates of Hindus. Your concern was to redirect the topic of this thread away from certain realities you find uncomfortable.
No sir. My concern was to expose your blindness which you are doing either purposely or due to ignorance.

The point you brought up was oppression against women due to Islam.

There are two simple points against it.

As I proved it my previous post that "oppression against women" is not only common but RAMPANT in many Christian and non-Muslim Countries. You can deny it all you want but fact remains hard on your face. Islam has got nothing to do with oppression against women. You are blatantly misinformed. Islam promotes the rights of women which brings us to the second point.

Second, if Islam oppresses women then why the biggest chunk of converts to Islam are women?

Old 07-25-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
No sir. My concern was to expose your blindness which you are doing either purposely or due to ignorance.

The point you brought up was oppression against women due to Islam.

There are two simple points against it.

As I proved it my previous post that "oppression against women" is not only common but RAMPANT in many Christian and non-Muslim Countries. You can deny it all you want but fact remains hard on your face. Islam has got nothing to do with oppression against women. You are blatantly misinformed. Islam promotes the rights of women which brings us to the second point.

Second, if Islam oppresses women then why the biggest chunk of converts to Islam are women?
Look at a map of the globe concerning various women's right. Look at data concerning women's rights. The worst places for women's rights are in Muslim-majority countries. Islam does not promote women's rights. Where do you get that? It isn't even my opinion, or for that matter, anyone's opinion. It is right there in the data. Islam promoted women's right 1000 years ago, but not anymore. It is the source of all kinds of problems for women. What do you think would happen to a Muslim woman who dressed in a skirt and a sleeveless top who went out to meet a non-Muslim man? Would she get positive feedback for that? How about if a Muslim woman wanted to enter into a lesbian relationship? How would that go? And nothing will help keep a woman modest and pure like female genital mutilation, a staple in many Muslim communities.

It doesn't matter that more women are converting to Islam than are men. Have you ever thought that it might be due to the fact that men are simply less attracted to Islam? First you try to deflect the thread away from some realities you do not like, now you are trying to pedal an argument that is just simply preposterous.

Old 07-26-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Look at a map of the globe concerning various women's right. Look at data concerning women's rights. The worst places for women's rights are in Muslim-majority countries. Islam does not promote women's rights. Where do you get that? It isn't even my opinion, or for that matter, anyone's opinion. It is right there in the data. Islam promoted women's right 1000 years ago, but not anymore. It is the source of all kinds of problems for women. What do you think would happen to a Muslim woman who dressed in a skirt and a sleeveless top who went out to meet a non-Muslim man? Would she get positive feedback for that? How about if a Muslim woman wanted to enter into a lesbian relationship? How would that go? And nothing will help keep a woman modest and pure like female genital mutilation, a staple in many Muslim communities.
Here is the one I see at pri.org

What maps are you looking at?

Quote:
It doesn't matter that more women are converting to Islam than are men. Have you ever thought that it might be due to the fact that men are simply less attracted to Islam? First you try to deflect the thread away from some realities you do not like, now you are trying to pedal an argument that is just simply preposterous.
Do you see how oxymoronic is your logic here?

On one hand you are blabbering about women oppression in Islam and on the other hand, you have the audacity to say, "it doesn't matter that more women are converting to Islam". This defies simple basic human logic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam