Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 06:20 AM

12 posts, read 9,976 times

Advertisements

There seem to be different views among muslims about whether Islamic hell is a permanent or temporary is islamic hell permanent or temporary.

Last edited by Torpan; 10-21-2017 at 06:51 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2017, 02:36 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpan View Post
There seem to be different views among muslims about whether Islamic hell is a permanent or temporary is islamic hell permanent or temporary.
In my understanding it depends on one's sins. And these sins are bad actions based on free will.

There are some who are promised to stay in hell forever, and for others, it could be temporary; again, depending on their sins that would have outweighed their good deeds (even if they are Muslims).

In my understanding of the Islamic doctrine, there is only one sin that God has promised HE will not forgive, and that is, associating partners with God.

God is ONLY one, and he has NO partnership with anyone. This is the core of Islamic belief and Muhammad (pbuh) is his last and final messenger.

If someone who in their lives associated partners with God, but he repented before dying then he may be forgiven of this sin, but if someone died in the belief that associates partners with God, then he could be in trouble.

Quran also talks about the fate of hypocrites - which is pretty drastic.

I think these hypocrites are primarily those who pretend to be Muslims from the outside but deep in their hearts, they are not.
There were quite a few of such people in the era of Muhammad(saw) who were fake Muslims (such as members of ISIS who pretend to be Muslims but they are not)

But again, that's my opinion. Perhaps someone else can elaborate better on this.

May God have mercy on all.

Old 10-21-2017, 03:03 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,655,217 times
The idea of imposing temporary suffering via fire, etc on someone who rejects a particular belief, is already so sick, twisted ,perverted and evil, that there really aren't any superlatives for permanent suffering.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
The idea of imposing temporary suffering via fire, etc on someone who rejects a particular belief, is already so sick, twisted ,perverted and evil, that there really aren't any superlatives for permanent suffering.
When someone already knows that his certain actions could result in adverse consequences, and he still does it. Isn't that more of a wired situation?

Why would you put your hand in fire when you know it will burn your skin? It's a choice that you make based on free will.

Now, you may NOT have this faith - which again, is your own choice. There is no compulsion. Believe what you want and believe what you don't. We shall wait and we will see.

Old 10-22-2017, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
When someone already knows that his certain actions could result in adverse consequences, and he still does it. Isn't that more of a wired situation?

Why would you put your hand in fire when you know it will burn your skin? It's a choice that you make based on free will.

Now, you may NOT have this faith - which again, is your own choice. There is no compulsion. Believe what you want and believe what you don't. We shall wait and we will see.
Do you ever ask yourself why the god you have chosen to believe in, likes to torture people?

Old 10-22-2017, 01:49 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
Do you ever ask yourself why the god you have chosen to believe in, likes to torture people?
God doesn't like to torture people; people knowingly do things so that God will torture them.

God won't torture me if I worship Him instead of idols.
God won't torture me if I don't kill any peaceful person.
God won't torture me if I do good deeds that will help other human beings, earthly life and the earthly environment.
God won't torture me if do not steal, rob anyone or drop a bomb on people.

If God has made you exist, appreciate it, respect it and don't do anything that will make you undeserving of it.

Keep in mind that you will neither live nor die in Hell. Which means, it doesn't matter if hell is temporary or permanent; you will neither be living in it not dying in it.

Paradise is the place where you can live forever. It's entirely up to you if you aim to there or not.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:05 AM

12 posts, read 9,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
God doesn't like to torture people; people knowingly do things so that God will torture them.

God won't torture me if I do good deeds that will help other human beings, earthly life and the earthly environment.

If God has made you exist, appreciate it, respect it and don't do anything that will make you undeserving of it.

Keep in mind that you will neither live nor die in Hell. Which means, it doesn't matter if hell is temporary or permanent; you will neither be living in it not dying in it.

Paradise is the place where you can live forever. It's entirely up to you if you aim to there or not.
So Islamic hell is not an eternal existence for a person only temporary.

Old 10-22-2017, 05:36 AM

3,640 posts, read 39,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpan View Post
So Islamic hell is not an eternal existence for a person only temporary.
I didn't say it is temporary. I said one will neither live nor die in hell. That doesn't sound like existence to me; does it? Think of it, what kind of existence it can be when you are in an abyss where you neither live nor die?

All the verses I have read, it is made clear that one will be in the garden (paradise) "forever" but nothing like that about hell. None says that it would be temporary either. From that, my understanding is that it is more like permanent than temporary.

Old 10-22-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Do you ever ask yourself that why would a judge hand-over punishment to someone who has raled and killed a child?
That judge must be a sicko. After all, why would someone face the consequences of his actions, right?

Old 10-22-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Do you ever ask yourself that why would a judge hand-over punishment to someone who has raled and killed a child?
That judge must be a sicko. After all, why would someone face the consequences of his actions, right?
It depends on the punishment

If the judges punishment included torture through fire, I would consider that extremely sick, and see it as my moral obligation to try and destroy such a perverted system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post

Fear is a powerful tool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam