Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2018, 11:13 AM

277 posts, read 191,578 times

Advertisements

My two questions do have a theological basis, so please hear me out. This is a theological post connected to geopolitics. Some Muslims say you can't separate the two, hence Islamic governments that are not secular at all.

I am Catholic and I am obsessed with Islam. There are 2.5-2.6 billion Christians and 1.8-1.9 billion Muslims out of 7.6 billion people. In 2100 C.E. If the End Times haven't arrived, there will probably be more Muslims than Christians.

Islam is the only religion that actually says in it's theology and Holy Book(Quran) that Islam will triumph over the whole world. But, the Quran also says that there will continue to be Christian nations. So, that leads me to believe that the Islamic God(Allah) also has a plan for many nations to remain predominately Christian.

The Roman Catholic Pope and the Egyptian(Coptic) Pope have both declared that Muslims worship the same God.

Protestant Evangelical Christians see the return of the Jews to the Holy Land as sign of the End Times. The Jews in Israel came from over 100 different countries around the whole world.

Every time the Jews had home rule in the Holyland\Palestine it only lasted for about 100 years and the Jews have ruled Palestine for 70 years already.

Do Muslims in general, see the return of Israel on the map as a sign of the End Times?

The United Monarchy of Israel lasted about 100-120 years.

King Saul; 1050 - 1030 B.C
King Ish-Bosheth; 1030 - 1025 B.C.
King David; 1030 - 990 B.C.
King Solomon; 990 - 950 B.C.
King Rohoboam; 950 - 945 B.C.\ Then the Country split into the Northern Israel and Southern Judah Kingdoms.

I know some Muslims like to incorporate ancient Israelite history with their own history. The Hasmonean Dynasty lasted about 100 years and then gave way to the Herodian Kingdom\ A client state of the Roman Empire, about 2000 years ago.

There are still Christian Countries in the Greater Middle East. The Countries of Georgia, Armenia, and Cyprus still have Christian majorities. Lebanon requires it's President to be Catholic.

So, I guess my last Question is, does Islamic Theology prescribe a future for Jews and Christians to remain believers apart from Muslims?

I am under the impression that God(Allah) only wants Jews and Christians to acknowledge the Quran and Muhammad as a Prophet. After reading the Quran I am convinced that God(Allah) has a plan for Jews and Christians.

Last edited by AlwaysByChance; 10-09-2018 at 12:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2018, 04:39 PM

3,640 posts, read 41,468 times
Allah wants all Jews, all Christians and all Muslims to believe all revelations (messages) from Him.

At the moment, Muslims believe in all revelations from Allah (not just the revelation of the Qur'an). Believing Moses and Jesus does not make Muslims either Jews or Christians.

Jews, Muslims and Christians are required to believe in the same God.

Old 10-16-2018, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysByChance View Post
Do Muslims in general, see the return of Israel on the map as a sign of the End Times?
No.

According to the Qur'an, the Hour (the end) is not known to anyone except Allah. Even Jesus didn't know about the Hour. Therefore, talking about the End Times is futile.

As for return of Israel, it is another return (not the first one) to see how the Jews do this time. Keep in mind that the holy land is not for the "Jews" (never was) but for those people who obey God/Allah.

Quote:
So, I guess my last Question is, does Islamic Theology prescribe a future for Jews and Christians to remain believers apart from Muslims?
There is of course future for Jews, Christians alongside Muslim on earth. They are all supposed to be believers but some of them don't act like the believers should and get punished for it so that they will repent and get back to the right path.

Quote:
I am under the impression that God(Allah) only wants Jews and Christians to acknowledge the Quran and Muhammad as a Prophet. After reading the Quran I am convinced that God(Allah) has a plan for Jews and Christians.
Yes, God does want the Jews and the Christians to obey God and believe in the revelation of the Qur'an from God. If one believes the Qur'an then one believes Muhammad as a messenger automatically. The main thing is believing the message and taking the guidance in it

Old 10-18-2018, 02:45 PM

I forgot to respond to the following statement:

Quote:
Islam is the only religion that actually says in it's theology and Holy Book(Quran) that Islam will triumph over the whole world.
That statement is misleading. There is no verse in the Quran that says that Islam will triumph "over the whole world". What it really says is that Islam will triumph/overcome all (false) religions (such as idol worshiping). In other words Islam is never going to be suppressed by any other false religion. Religions like Judaism and Christianity were never originally and in essence false religions. Like Islam, these religions had nothing to do with false religions like idol worshiping.

The Qur'an also tells us in Surah Joseph (Yusuf):

[12.102] This is of the story/news relating to the unseen (which) We reveal to you, and you were not with them when they resolved upon their affair, and they were devising plans.

[12.103] And most people will not believe though you desire it eagerly.

That means, just as then most people did not believe the revelation of the Qur'an, most people in the world will remain non-believers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam